Cy Picks The Winner For Week 8

Ha…Week 8 is here and Cy is riding a 29-9 prediction record through the season. That record would have been even better if I hadn’t purposely missed a couple last week just so you all wouldn’t feel like such insignificant boobs (are there such things as insignificant boobs?) in the presence of my football greatness. That being said, it’s on to the predictions for Week 8

Missouri (5-1) at Texas (6-0) – Well, last week I said OK State would beat MU and you all laughed…but they did. OK State is maybe the 3rd best team in the South. What’s that make Missouri…a loser this weekend that’s what. Texas has more weapons than OK State on offense and a better defense than Missouri. Plus the game is in Texas and teams from the North seem totally incapable of beating teams from the South (except A&M who should think about changing divisions along with coaches)

Texas (7-0) over Missouri (5-2)

Kansas State (4-2) at Colorado (3-3) – Hmmm…who do I dislike more…Hawkins or Prince….hmmm….Oh well, don’t want to play favorites so I’ll just dislike both of them equally. It looks like Colorado peaked in non-conference play and have been sinking fast ever since. K-State, on the other hand, appears to be on the rise…even with a QB that looks like the reincarnation of Buckwheat….

Kansas State (5-2) over Colorado (3-4)

Baylor (3-3) at Oklahoma State (6-0) – Baylor looked like world-beaters last Saturday but they were playing Iowa State…nuff said about that victory. OK-State meanwhile, beat the best that the North had to offer. Griffin is going to discover that, unlike Iowa State, OK-State has a defense that will occasionally knock you down and stomp on you. Baylor may be improving but they are still the worst the South has to offer…or is that A&M?

Oklahoma State (7-0) over Baylor (3-4)

Kansas (5-1) at Oklahoma (5-1) – OMG….Oklahoma is in 4th place in the Big 12 South!!! That’s pretty awesome considering they still arguably look like the best team in that division. Well…we’ll see how they do against a team that is arguably the best in the North shall we? Kansas hasn’t seemed to be able to put up a complete game yet…or haven’t had to. They get behind and then…boom! I think they’re coasting. That’s why I’m picking Kansas (against my better judgment) in an upset.

Kansas (6-1) over Oklahoma (5-2)

Nebraska (3-3) at Iowa State (2-4) – Ladies and gentlemen…a fight for the sole possession of the Big 12 North cellar! Loser takes all! Let’s see…two comparatively equally bad defenses against two comparatively bad running games. Well, the game is in Ames and you’ve all surely heard that the only difference between Jack Trice Stadium and a porcupine is the porcupine has 45,000 pricks on the OUTSIDE. All I can say for sure about this game is the flags will be flying as two of the most penalized teams in the league hold and illegally proceed their way to victory…

Nebraska (4-3) over Iowa State (2-5)

Texas Tech (6-0) at Texas A&M (2-4) – Coincidence that AM are also the first two letters of Ames…home of the worst team in the North? Shouldn’t be because Texas A&M looks and plays like their northern brethren. No running, no passing, no defense...no chance against Texas Tech. Tech showed last week that their defense was vulnerable to a team with a real offense…unfortunately, Texas A&M doesn’t have one

Texas Tech (7-0) over Texas A&M (2-5)

There you be, college football amateurs. Feel free to disagree…and join the ranks of the other losers.

Gosh...good picks Cy! I hope you're right about KU over OU. I think KU has a punchers chance, even though nobody is giving them any. OU lost their best linebacker/defensive player. Apparently, this guy was the captain of the defense and he made all of the play calls on defense. Texas took advantage of that once he got hurt.

I like KU's chances better than I did before the season. I just don't think we have the horses to stay with OU. But who knows.....I didn't think OSu could beat MU and they did.

:box

Win:

Texas

Colorado

OSU

OU

Neb

Tech

I wouldnt mind seeing KU upset OU. I just see Bradford & Co picking apart the Jayhawk secondary as the edge. And OU's pass rush is better. Going to be a great close game to watch.

UT has a history of meltdown performances after an OU win. I dont see it happening this w/e. In fact, they have the better defense. Overall, UT has more confidence & swagger. Just another great close game to watch.

Hate is a strong word, but Tech and A&M hate each other. A lot. Will be close for awhile.

KSU has not "arrived" and will not be 5-2 after this w/e. CU will win or KSU will find a way to lose.

Huskers need another strong performance, if anything, to build off last week's gutsy performance. Keep playing better & swagger will come.

I do expect Texas to beat Missouri this weekend. Was I the only one that noticed how physical OSU was against MU? They hit the Tigers in the mouth and MU backed down and folded. I never expected that. MU has a hard time handling adversity, and this weekend will be no exception.

Ha…Week 8 is here and Cy is riding a 29-9 prediction record through the season. That record would have been even better if I hadn’t purposely missed a couple last week just so you all wouldn’t feel like such insignificant boobs (are there such things as insignificant boobs?) in the presence of my football greatness. That being said, it’s on to the predictions for Week 8

There you be, college football amateurs. Feel free to disagree…and join the ranks of the other losers.

Disagree on these two--

Kansas State (4-2) at Colorado (3-3) – Hmmm…who do I dislike more…Hawkins or Prince….hmmm….Oh well, don’t want to play favorites so I’ll just dislike both of them equally. It looks like Colorado peaked in non-conference play and have been sinking fast ever since. K-State, on the other hand, appears to be on the rise…even with a QB that looks like the reincarnation of Buckwheat….

The buffs prevail at home

Kansas (5-1) at Oklahoma (5-1) – OMG….Oklahoma is in 4th place in the Big 12 South!!! That’s pretty awesome considering they still arguably look like the best team in that division. Well…we’ll see how they do against a team that is arguably the best in the North shall we? Kansas hasn’t seemed to be able to put up a complete game yet…or haven’t had to. They get behind and then…boom! I think they’re coasting. That’s why I’m picking Kansas (against my better judgment) in an upset.

The sooners win at home this week.

Guys, guys, guys - remember who we play this week. And remember who will be a member of the chain gang. For this week only, we agree with all of Cy's predictions. Don't want to see Lucky breaking around end and going untouched toward the endzone just to be "accidentially" tripped up by some guy holding the chain and looking for large-breasted women in the stands, do we?

Missouri (5-1) at Texas (6-0)

Texas (7-0) over Missouri (5-2)

I agree. I think Texas will win, especially since they are at home. Missouri's defense is very suspect, and I think last week the Texas offense proved that they can play against a good defense. I am still not totally convinced with the Texas D, but they will have their chance to prove themselves against this high octane offense.

Should be a good game. Can't wait to watch!!!

Kansas State (4-2) at Colorado (3-3)

I disagree. Colorado will literally run all over this KSU defense. I still think Colorado needs to find a better QB, but Hawkins will be good enough to beat KSU.

Baylor (3-3) at Oklahoma State (6-0)

Oklahoma State (7-0) over Baylor (3-4)

This should be a gimme game for OSU. Their offense is way too powerful for Baylor to stop.

Kansas (5-1) at Oklahoma (5-1)

I have seen alot of problems with the Kansas team this year (gives me hope). The o-line for Kansas has struggled all year long. Oklahoma's d-line is going to eat Reesing for supper. I think Kansas fans should be happy if Reesing makes it out of this game uninjured (and I am not joking either). I think Oklahoma will roll in this one by at least two touchdowns.

Nebraska (3-3) at Iowa State (2-4)

Nebraska (4-3) over Iowa State (2-5)

Yep. Look for a specific Nebraska running back to get 100 yards on the ground. Nebraska finally puts up a W in conference play.

Texas Tech (6-0) at Texas A&M (2-4)

Texas Tech (7-0) over Texas A&M (2-5)

Nothing really needs to be said about this one...