Chances For a Big XII North title...

Here we go again.

We beat a 2-5 team, we have turned the corner, line up Oklahoma for their ass kicking. Good God people read what you write before you push the button.

We played one game so far and that was against a trick offense. Oklahoma will light us up quickly, our only hope is that Stoops takes pitty on Bo.

We are winning the rest of our games until the wheels fall off at Oklahoma and we need to fire this coach and that coach and use this player and on and on.

We are a 7-5 team that is playing pretty good. We need to curb our expectations. Three weeks ago we would not win 6 games. What a light switch some of you live on.

Here we go again.

We beat a 2-5 team, we have turned the corner, line up Oklahoma for their ass kicking. Good God people read what you write before you push the button.

We played one game so far and that was against a trick offense. Oklahoma will light us up quickly, our only hope is that Stoops takes pitty on Bo.

We are winning the rest of our games until the wheels fall off at Oklahoma and we need to fire this coach and that coach and use this player and on and on.

We are a 7-5 team that is playing pretty good. We need to curb our expectations. Three weeks ago we would not win 6 games. What a light switch some of you live on.

I feel sorry for you and that negative world you live in! Lighten up!

Here we go again.

I feel sorry for you and that negative world you live in! Lighten up!

no, skers is a realist.....dreams and hope....now that is for......well......you can decide.

Not at all negative. See a 7-5 team, what we are. I am stating what has happened over the last three weeks, you want to drink the koolaid and dream of Big 12 north championships I feel sorry for you.

I know that there's a difference between reality and negativity, but my reality is that I think the Huskers can do well the rest of the season and hopefully run the table. "If thinking the Huskers can win every game is wrong than I don't wanna be right!" By the way grape kool-aid is my favorite and I drink it every chance I get.

Trust me T I want this team to win them all just as bad as you do.

But some of us have said 7-5 all year long, a level we thought attainable for this team and this staff in their first year.

After the Missouri game some of the Kool Aid drinkers were ready to drown in it. We are terrible, we suck, this coach is not doing it right, this player should be playing. Then came Tech and we played a damned great game, but some were on Ganz for losing the game others felt it was this or that. Hell we played so far over our heads that game it was amazing and still some were not happy with the effort, nor the result. But it was another step forward for a team that had not taken many positive steps for quite awhile. Last week was another step, more of a complete game, on both sides of the ball. Another positive for sure.

But by beating a below average to poor Iowa State does not indicate we are back, the corner has been turned. When we knock off a Oklahoma or Kansas, Missouri or Texas, then and only then will we have turned the corner. We are not there yet and building yourself up to think it is realistic is putting yourself and others in jeopardy of becoming the drowing Kool Aid drinkers of three weeks ago. We need positives, not just the wins.

I think we can win 4 of the games if we play like we did against Tech. We can not beat Oklahoma at home in a nite game. We have not beaten a top 20 opponent in the last 20 tries. The number 4 team in the country that is still smarting over the Texas loss will be ready for Bo and his band of rag tags. Give Bo the time to work his magic. It just isn't enough time this year or maybe next year. Be positive and hope for the wins, but believeing that particular win is coming is fool hearted to say the least

Here we go again.

Well said dedhoarse

I posted this in another thread but here we go again.

The Big XII North Title is Missouri's to lose, but I really doubt they will lose it. Correct me if I'm wrong but even if we run the table the rest of the way MU would still have to lose 1 more game, and their games left are:

10/25 Colorado 6:30 PM

11/01 @ Baylor TBA

11/08 Kansas State TBA

11/15 @ Iowa State TBA

11/29 No. 23 Kansas TBA

All very very winnable games for Missouri unless they really start spiraling downwards (unlikely). Also the odds are we'll lose to at least Oklahoma, meaning Missouri would have to lose 2 of those games.

But some of us have said 7-5 all year long, a level we thought attainable for this team and this staff in their first year.

After the Missouri game some of the Kool Aid drinkers were ready to drown in it. We are terrible, we suck, this coach is not doing it right, this player should be playing. Then came Tech and we played a damned great game, but some were on Ganz for losing the game others felt it was this or that. Hell we played so far over our heads that game it was amazing and still some were not happy with the effort, nor the result. But it was another step forward for a team that had not taken many positive steps for quite awhile. Last week was another step, more of a complete game, on both sides of the ball. Another positive for sure.

But by beating a below average to poor Iowa State does not indicate we are back, the corner has been turned. When we knock off a Oklahoma or Kansas, Missouri or Texas, then and only then will we have turned the corner. We are not there yet and building yourself up to think it is realistic is putting yourself and others in jeopardy of becoming the drowing Kool Aid drinkers of three weeks ago. We need positives, not just the wins.

I think we can win 4 of the games if we play like we did against Tech. We can not beat Oklahoma at home in a nite game. We have not beaten a top 20 opponent in the last 20 tries. The number 4 team in the country that is still smarting over the Texas loss will be ready for Bo and his band of rag tags. Give Bo the time to work his magic. It just isn't enough time this year or maybe next year. Be positive and hope for the wins, but believeing that particular win is coming is fool hearted to say the least

I know I don't live in the land of oz, ISU is 2-5 and OU is probably better than us, but I'm encouraged because I saw a different team in the second half of that TT game and I think we've seen a turning point in the program and I really really hope I'm right!

and we didn't play all that well in the 2d half at times...though it was better than we have been seeing. When we put a whole game together, then do it the next week just as well, I will take a giant glass of the Kool Aid...but until then, I have to remain skeptical. There are too many teams in this conference that are heads and tails better than us right now, from what we have seen so far. Some of them aren't all that consistent either, we have that to our advantage.