optimistic Baylor fan

From Ivan Maisel's chat on espn.com:

Travis C. (Lake Highlands): Maybe I'm an optimist, but I think Baylor beats Nebraska and A&M. What are the chances that the Bears also upset Texas Tech to go to six wins?

Ivan Maisel: (2:26 PM ET ) Baylor is on the upswing but I don't think the defense is ready for Graham Harrell. Not based on what I saw against Oklahoma.

From Ivan Maisel's chat on espn.com:

Travis C. (Lake Highlands): Maybe I'm an optimist, but I think Baylor beats Nebraska and A&M. What are the chances that the Bears also upset Texas Tech to go to six wins?

Ivan Maisel: (2:26 PM ET ) Baylor is on the upswing but I don't think the defense is ready for Graham Harrell. Not based on what I saw against Oklahoma.

:blink:

Maybe A&M but not Nebraska, not this year, and really, not any year soon to come.

No way does A&M makes a bowl, 2-5 with OU and UT left? They'll be lucky to get past Iowa St on Saturday.......

I think he was saying maybe Baylor will beat A&M, but not Nebraska.

Yeah, Exactly what I meant. Baylor might beat A&M but Not NU..

Maybe A&M but not Nebraska, not this year, and really, not any year soon to come.

No way does A&M makes a bowl, 2-5 with OU and UT left? They'll be lucky to get past Iowa St on Saturday.......

:worship

Don't be so sure. Baylor is on an upswing and is capable of playing very well (or poorly). NU is also on the upswing (maybe!) and is capable of playing well (or poorly). If both teams play poorly --- that is if NU comes out as bad Nu (penalties & mental breakdowns & turnovers) and Baylor comes out as bad Baylor --- NU wins. If both come out as the good versions of their respective squads, NU likely wins in a a close game. If NU is on and Baylor off we win big. But, if Baylor plays good Baylor ball and NU plays bad NU ball (penalties, turnovers, mental breakdowns), then Baylor wins.

Do not discount the Bears they most definitely can beat NU and, at home, may beat them 2 out of every 5 times or so they play. So, I'll take the Huskers on the odds but this is not by any strech of the imagination a gimme.

Don't be so sure. Baylor is on an upswing and is capable of playing very well (or poorly). NU is also on the upswing (maybe!) and is capable of playing well (or poorly). If both teams play poorly --- that is if NU comes out as bad Nu (penalties & mental breakdowns & turnovers) and Baylor comes out as bad Baylor --- NU wins. If both come out as the good versions of their respective squads, NU likely wins in a a close game. If NU is on and Baylor off we win big. But, if Baylor plays good Baylor ball and NU plays bad NU ball (penalties, turnovers, mental breakdowns), then Baylor wins.

Wow, what a bold prediction!!!!! You're really going out on a limb there...

Do not discount the Bears they most definitely can beat NU and, at home, may beat them 2 out of every 5 times or so they play. So, I'll take the Huskers on the odds but this is not by any strech of the imagination a gimme.

We can discount the Bears all we want. The players on the other hand cannot.

Wow, what a bold prediction!!!!! You're really going out on a limb there...

We can discount the Bears all we want. The players on the other hand cannot.

Yeah --- not too risky! But my point is that certain teams no matter how they play essentially cannot lose to an inferior team. Texas will never lose to Western Kentucky --- no matter how hung over Texas is and no matter how over their heads WKU plays. The gap is that great.

The gap between NU and Baylor is nowhere near that great. The gap is likely small favoring NU a little but not by much. So this is no gimme. NU is more likely to win than not --- but this is by no means certain. 4 turnovers --- we lose. 10 penalties. We lose. (ISU is bad enough that even with the turnovers we won -- handily --- Baylor is much better than ISU) So if bad NU shows up (which is quite possible) we could be very disappointed this weekend. Still, I think NU plays well and wins.

First, you're from Leander? That's epic. I lived in Cedar Park up until the summer after of my sophomore year when I moved to DFW.

Secondly, my whole family has attended Baylor and we've had season tickets since I was a kid. I, of course, am an NU fan and future student. I've seen both sides of this with special insight to the NU football program and the improvements made and getting to see Baylor football up close almost every Saturday. This ain't yesteryear's Baylor team. I'm not saying they're the best in the Big 12, but if you put them in any other conference in the country excluding the SEC, Baylor would be a bowl team and would probably be competing for a championship in some. Robert Griffin will be one of the greatest QBs in Big 12 history by the time he's done. He's in the same mold as Vince Young with a few minor differences...Griff is about 2 inches shorter (VY is 6'5"), a little thinner, has a better arm than VY did, and might be faster (that's debatable). He needs weapons though. Kendall Wright is a phenomenal true freshman WR who at this point in his career, I'd say compares to a poor man's Jeremy Maclin. He doesn't return punts or kicks because the staff can't afford to get him injured. He's too important to the offense. Defense needs definite work, but this team is a lot better than it has been. This year isn't the year to go bowling for Baylor, but next year probably is in my opinion.

First, you're from Leander? That's epic. I lived in Cedar Park up until the summer after of my sophomore year when I moved to DFW.

Secondly, my whole family has attended Baylor and we've had season tickets since I was a kid. I, of course, am an NU fan and future student. I've seen both sides of this with special insight to the NU football program and the improvements made and getting to see Baylor football up close almost every Saturday. This ain't yesteryear's Baylor team. I'm not saying they're the best in the Big 12, but if you put them in any other conference in the country excluding the SEC, Baylor would be a bowl team and would probably be competing for a championship in some. Robert Griffin will be one of the greatest QBs in Big 12 history by the time he's done. He's in the same mold as Vince Young with a few minor differences...Griff is about 2 inches shorter (VY is 6'5"), a little thinner, has a better arm than VY did, and might be faster (that's debatable). He needs weapons though. Kendall Wright is a phenomenal true freshman WR who at this point in his career, I'd say compares to a poor man's Jeremy Maclin. He doesn't return punts or kicks because the staff can't afford to get him injured. He's too important to the offense. Defense needs definite work, but this team is a lot better than it has been. This year isn't the year to go bowling for Baylor, but next year probably is in my opinion.

So now Griffin is going to be as good or better than Vince Young...there was a Baylor fan on here earlier saying he is better than White from WVU. And saying that he is going to be one of the greatest in Big XII history is a pretty bold statement. I have seen a couple of games and I was not overly impressed. He cannot throw the ball very well and had made some mistakes....not that NU or a freshman has not made any.