What did you think of the officiating?

I, for one, thought it was appalling. Certianly NU, at times, didnt look like they wanted this game, but I can think of a few calls that really stood out, that seemed awfully one-sided when taken as a lump sum.

1) Horse Collar call on Glenn in the first half I thought was pretty weak. He grabbed Griffin and just hung on. Griffin then just kind of "fell down". No way Glenn flung him down. Okay, whatever. Then in the second-half, at almost the same spot on the field, Lucky (I believe) gets horse collared, worse than Griffin, NO CALL! Interesting that both plays were right in front of the Baylor bench.

2) NOBODY saw the hold on Swift the second time they tried the pump fake? I thought it the worst no call, by far.

3) First, NU doesnt get the fumble recovery on that punt that got touched. B.S., but ok, they get the ball at roughly the five. But then they say NU touched it!? You gotta be kidding me.

I cant think of one no call that went against Baylor, and their were other, less game changing calls that I thought should've been called in favor of NU but weren't. There's bad calls in every game, but generally they don't seem that one-sided. Hopefully, the officials have a save trip back to Texas.

I, for one, thought it was appalling. Certianly NU, at times, didnt look like they wanted this game, but I can think of a few calls that really stood out, that seemed awfully one-sided when taken as a lump sum.

1) Horse Collar call on Glenn in the first half I thought was pretty weak. He grabbed Griffin and just hung on. Griffin then just kind of "fell down". No way Glenn flung him down. Okay, whatever. Then in the second-half, at almost the same spot on the field, Lucky (I believe) gets horse collared, worse than Griffin, NO CALL! Interesting that both plays were right in front of the Baylor bench.

2) NOBODY saw the hold on Swift the second time they tried the pump fake? I thought it the worst no call, by far.

3) First, NU doesnt get the fumble recovery on that punt that got touched. B.S., but ok, they get the ball at roughly the five. But then they say NU touched it!? You gotta be kidding me.

I cant think of one no call that went against Baylor, and their were other, less game changing calls that I thought should've been called in favor of NU but weren't. There's bad calls in every game, but generally they don't seem that one-sided. Hopefully, the officials have a save trip back to Texas.

the third was laughable. I could understand not calling the fumble... the video sucked... but the ball placement? a total joke

In my opinion there should be a suspension handed out for this game. I've never seen such a one-sided thing in all my life. I know we won, but this is simply unacceptable to have so-called professionals blatantly favor one team over another.

I completely agree, but was amazed that it also went the other way too. The calls on both sides of the ball were terrible.

Officiating at Memorial Stadium has been terrible all season. I can think of blatantly obvious calls in every single game, but I think it's the overall consistancy that really stands out.

The fact of the matter is, they don't call fouls both ways. They let things go for other teams that they call on Nebraska. They protect opposing players with bogus "roughing" penalties, yet call nothing in the same situation for us.

And ultimately, calls are not being made against the opposing team. Penalties are 3, 4, even 5 to 1 against us. I don't care how bad Nebraska might be playing at times, there is no way that in every single game we have been that sloppy. Calls are simply not being made.

f#*k the reffs

I agree that the officiating was brutal, but I honestly think that either earned or not, Nebraska has the reputation of being a highly penalized team, so the officials look for penalties instead of calling penalties.

Maybe the reputation comes from some of these clearly terrible calls? After today, I'm sure other officiating crews will continue to think the same, but you drop those terrible calls...you can't get the same feeling about NU penalties.

In my opinion there should be a suspension handed out for this game. I've never seen such a one-sided thing in all my life. I know we won, but this is simply unacceptable to have so-called professionals blatantly favor one team over another.

Ordinarily when I read something like this I think, ' C'mon man, lighten up, they're doing their best, it wasn't that bad..' but in this case you're absolutely right. Absolutely f*&%ing pathetic. And I got the impression from the crew that they didn't give a shat how obvious it was. Let's say for the sake of argument they weren't intentionally trying to give Baylor an edge. If that's the case then all you can say is that they are, as a crew, completely incompetent and have no business at this level. I don't know which would be worse; being an official trying to throw the game for a particular team, or being an official who is a bungling idiot. I wonder though, is there any kind of review process for officials in the Big 12/NCAA?

the penalties are one of the big problems...it was a obvious one-sided affair, as it has been all season...if the huskers do their best to eliminate bad mistakes, hopefully it goes away.

but a suspension really needs to be handed out. to say the least, even though the big XII is the best conference, the officials suck royally

The whining about officiating is becoming unbearable. Pelini wants agressiveness, and hasn't yet installed enough discipline, and that causes a lot of penalties.

You didn't see one missed call the other way? How about when Niles Paul steps out of bands and then back in just before he catches the ball? If there was one call in the game that was absolutely, positively blown, that was it. Indisputable.

Glenn's tackle was a horse collar. He grabbed the back of the shoulder pads and that's what dragged the runner down backwards, that's the definition of a horse collar penalty. The one on Ganz was not. The back of his shirt was grabbed, and there's no rule against that. They looked similar, and really were just as dangerous to the runner, but by the rules definition, the first is a foul, the second is not. It's just that simple.

At least the O-line didn't draw any penalties that I remember. That's an improvement.

The punt was a bad call all around. It happens. Get over it.

There's a whole lot more about Nebraska's game that is under their control that can be improved rather than worrying about the officiating. There is no conspiracy against Nebraska. You just sound pathetic whining about it.