What did you think of the officiating?

The whining about officiating is becoming unbearable. Pelini wants agressiveness, and hasn't yet installed enough discipline, and that causes a lot of penalties.

You didn't see one missed call the other way? How about when Niles Paul steps out of bands and then back in just before he catches the ball? If there was one call in the game that was absolutely, positively blown, that was it. Indisputable.

Glenn's tackle was a horse collar. He grabbed the back of the shoulder pads and that's what dragged the runner down backwards, that's the definition of a horse collar penalty. The one on Ganz was not. The back of his shirt was grabbed, and there's no rule against that. They looked similar, and really were just as dangerous to the runner, but by the rules definition, the first is a foul, the second is not. It's just that simple.

At least the O-line didn't draw any penalties that I remember. That's an improvement.

The punt was a bad call all around. It happens. Get over it.

There's a whole lot more about Nebraska's game that is under their control that can be improved rather than worrying about the officiating. There is no conspiracy against Nebraska. You just sound pathetic whining about it.

Frankly pal, I don't think it's whining when it's so blatantly obvious your team isn't getting a fair shake. If you think this was a shining moment in officiating history, you need to put down the Jack and get your lenses checked.

You can easily go with the "whining" argument, but wow...today's calls were bad. Missed calls, bad calls...it was clearly terrible all around on BOTH sides.

I agree it was a poorly officiated game, and never claimed otherwise. On the punt, specifically, they never seemed to take control and make a call on the spot. They begged the replay guy to make a call for them, and that's pitiful.

I give up on those of you who think the refs are out to screw us. We probably won't win another game, because the refs won't let us win. :sarcasm

You can easily go with the "whining" argument, but wow...today's calls were bad. Missed calls, bad calls...it was clearly terrible all around on BOTH sides.

I agree it was a poorly officiated game, and never claimed otherwise. On the punt, specifically, they never seemed to take control and make a call on the spot. They begged the replay guy to make a call for them, and that's pitiful.

I give up on those of you who think the refs are out to screw us. We probably won't win another game, because the refs won't let us win. :sarcasm

Not to mention that when the replay crew did make "the call", they got the spot completely wrong. Prior to this game, I doubt the refs were out to screw us...but after today <_<

You'd think that they would get tired of Bo yelling at them and never call a penalty against us again. Doesn't seem to be working that way. The refs just totally sucked today, no doubt. I believe our tight end once fumbled and the ball rolled forward for 4 yards before being knocked out of bounds and the refs moved the spot back to where it was dropped for whatever reason. They'll be hearing about the punt though.

The refs just totally sucked today, no doubt. I believe our tight end once fumbled and the ball rolled forward for 4 yards before being knocked out of bounds and the refs moved the spot back to where it was dropped for whatever reason.

Yeah, and that's the correct ruling. If you fumble forward out of bounds, the ball goes back to the spot of the fumble.

Rule 7.2.4.b.

From OWH: LInk

What was that? On the second play of the second quarter, senior Dan Titchener's punt hit sophomore Prince Amukamara before bouncing inside the 10-yard line. However, as the play evolved, nobody but Amukamara knew it. Baylor and Nebraska players scrambled to fall on the football, just in case. Redshirt freshman Mike Caputo did recover it, desperately hoping that he had set up the NU offense with a first and goal. But replay confirmed that Baylor got the ball on the 24-yard line, where Amukamara touched it first.

Did Prince admit that the ball hit him, or is the writer giving the "official" :sarcasm point of view? He did slow up and did not go after the ball right away.

There is no conspiracy, but that doesn't change the fact that this team has been hurt by bad officiating all year. And it cerytainly doesn't help that we have had plenty of penalties of our own doing. Put together this is making us look like a very sloppy team.

And the reviewed punt was a RIDICULOUS call! No husker was close to touching the football!!! If you can't see it hit the BU player, then how can you say it hit our guy?