What did you think of the officiating?

I give up on those of you who think the refs are out to screw us. We probably won't win another game, because the refs won't let us win. :sarcasm

I don't think anyone REALLY believes that the referees are "out to screw us." We're just pointing out that we've been on the receiving end of some very bad calls. All season.

We have absolutely been screwed all year by ridiculous calls, most of which were "personal fouls" that saved the other teams' dying drives.

The officiating has been a HUGE problem, no matter what anyone else says. Give me a break with the Niles Paul no-call. That is one (relatively minor) missed call against us compared to a whole slew against us, most of them leading to points. (yeah, we could have stopped them after the peanalties were given, but there is no reason we should have to play other team and the refs)

One thing I think everyone is forgetting is that they get graded after every game on the calls they blew. It also my understanding that the HC of each team make comments to the conference about them also.

I don't think Bo did himself any favors with temper tantrums at the beginning of the season. Then he also is constantly riding the officials for calls during the game, and when I hear them talking about it on the radio, it sounds like he is whining.

I do think you have to stand up for your team, and object to obvious missed calls, but to do that I think we need to "clean up" our act a little bit, too...or at least our image this season. There have been too many personal fouls, and then Crybaby Daniels making a statement that we play dirty, deserved or not, didn't help. These are comments that we never heard under Osborne...or BC for that matter. I think that this image will go away once people see how Bo operates for a while, with his passion. But until then, people, including officials, are just looking for outlandish behavior coming from Bo or the players.

Like it or not, we may have to take a few on the chin before the monkey is taken off our back. But that don't mean that the officials will "get away with" bad calls, because they do answer to the conference for their actions. And if it is that obvious that they are favoring one team or another, I am sure something will be done...or I hope it will.

Talking about it though is not a bad thing, because then the conference officials and the game officials will realize that fans are noticing...and maybe they will look at themselves a little harder.

Glenn's tackle was a horse collar. He grabbed the back of the shoulder pads and that's what dragged the runner down backwards, that's the definition of a horse collar penalty. The one on Ganz was not. The back of his shirt was grabbed, and there's no rule against that. They looked similar, and really were just as dangerous to the runner, but by the rules definition, the first is a foul, the second is not. It's just that simple.

Actually, it is the same rule.

From the Rule Book Rule 9-1

p. All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside back collar of the

shoulder pads or jersey, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder

pads or jersey, and immediately pulling the runner down. This does not

apply to a runner who is inside the tackle box or to a quarterback who is

in the pocket.

I'm not going to whine about it not being called. But I had to look this up as well.

How about on the facemask on the sack from Cody Glenn on Griffin on 3rd and long? Looked like he just grabbed his shoulder. They end up scoring that drive too I think.

The officiating has been horrendous the whole year. I'm glad our boys played through it today

That was a legit call as cody did grab the mask even though it wasnt intentional.

Remember theres no incendental facemask rule this year.

How about on the facemask on the sack from Cody Glenn on Griffin on 3rd and long? Looked like he just grabbed his shoulder. They end up scoring that drive too I think.

The officiating has been horrendous the whole year. I'm glad our boys played through it today

That was a legit call as cody did grab the mask even though it wasnt intentional.

Remember theres no incendental facemask rule this year.

They need to reinstate the 5 yd facemask penalty. We have seen intentional no-calls because they aren't flagrant enough to give the other team 15 yards. Today we saw an incidental facemask give Baylor a crucial first down, because they actually decided to call it. Refs aren't consistent enough for this rule to be effective.

I don't think Bo did himself any favors with temper tantrums at the beginning of the season. Then he also is constantly riding the officials for calls during the game, and when I hear them talking about it on the radio, it sounds like he is whining.

I think you are on to something here.

It is the samething that happens to the Stoops brothers as well. They constantly complain and whine on the sidelines and appear to get less calls then the teams they are playing. You can't tell me that the refs don't take being cussed at all the time personally and call plays that they may have let go for other teams. It is like that in all sports not just college football.

People complaining about the Personal Fouls need to move on. Suh hit the Va Tech guy late, Glenn horse collared that dude today, Slauson & Suh let their emotions get the best of them on theirs, Steinkuhler saw a Warren Sapp chance and took it. Like was mentioned ANY facemask is 15 now no matter what. Oh and Bo calling the Va Tech Ref a FU***N C**KS**KER over and over deserved a flag as well.

The Swift punt return no call was pretty bad though.

Bo calling the Va Tech Ref a FU***N C**KS**KER over and over deserved a flag as well.

The Swift punt return no call was pretty bad though.

No...if I was that official, Bo would have been tossed the first time he called me that...and then I would let the Big 12 deal with him. There is no reason to be cursing with any official especially calling him names or questioning his family heritage, no matter what. Like I said, there is a way to make sure the officiating is fair, sometimes it don't seem like the justice is immediate enough, but it is there. Going off on an official does nothing but make him turn you off, and harden him against any possible calls in your favor.

Glenn's tackle was a horse collar. He grabbed the back of the shoulder pads and that's what dragged the runner down backwards, that's the definition of a horse collar penalty. The one on Ganz was not. The back of his shirt was grabbed, and there's no rule against that. They looked similar, and really were just as dangerous to the runner, but by the rules definition, the first is a foul, the second is not. It's just that simple.

Actually, it is the same rule.

From the Rule Book Rule 9-1

p. All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside back collar of the

shoulder pads or jersey, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder

pads or jersey, and immediately pulling the runner down. This does not

apply to a runner who is inside the tackle box or to a quarterback who is

in the pocket.

I'm not going to whine about it not being called. But I had to look this up as well.

The word "jersey" is not standalone here. If it was it wouldn't be repeated. Grabbing the back of the jersey around the number is not grabbing the inside back collar of the jersey or the inside collar of the side of the jersey.

One thing I think everyone is forgetting is that they get graded after every game on the calls they blew. It also my understanding that the HC of each team make comments to the conference about them also.

I do think you have to stand up for your team, and object to obvious missed calls, but to do that I think we need to "clean up" our act a little bit, too...or at least our image this season. There have been too many personal fouls, and then Crybaby Daniels making a statement that we play dirty, deserved or not, didn't help. These are comments that we never heard under Osborne...or BC for that matter. I think that this image will go away once people see how Bo operates for a while, with his passion. But until then, people, including officials, are just looking for outlandish behavior coming from Bo or the players.

Like it or not, we may have to take a few on the chin before the monkey is taken off our back. But that don't mean that the officials will "get away with" bad calls, because they do answer to the conference for their actions. And if it is that obvious that they are favoring one team or another, I am sure something will be done...or I hope it will.

Talking about it though is not a bad thing, because then the conference officials and the game officials will realize that fans are noticing...and maybe they will look at themselves a little harder.

And when Bowden does the same thing on the FSU sidelines he's considered some kind of master gamesman because of his skill working the officiating crew, but Bo is a whiner..........puhhlease.

And when Bowden does the same thing on the FSU sidelines he's considered some kind of master gamesman because of his skill working the officiating crew, but Bo is a whiner..........puhhlease.

Bowden has been around a lot longer, has won, and with it comes some respect. Bo is new as a HC, so won't get the same respect. Big difference. Then throw in the "dirty play" comments from Chase, and you have the reason that we have this situation that the officials are looking for us to do something...and with Bo being so vocal, that don't help. They didn't just come gunning for Nebraska, we kind of got ourselves into this situation to some degree, and it is gong to take some time to get out, but we can.

I am also sure Bo is pointing out where the officials are wrong to the conference...so the officials will know that if they blow a call, they will be held responsible for it to some degree.

The officiating sh*t the proverbial bed yesterday, and i know that we got away with some things, but come the hell on.

Niles stepping out then coming back in is small potatoes compared to the punt debacle. Thats a momentum changing play, and not going to have that big an affect as a 8 yd completion.

Bowden has been around a lot longer, has won, and with it comes some respect. Bo is new as a HC, so won't get the same respect. Big difference. Then throw in the "dirty play" comments from Chase, and you have the reason that we have this situation that the officials are looking for us to do something...and with Bo being so vocal, that don't help. They didn't just come gunning for Nebraska, we kind of got ourselves into this situation to some degree, and it is gong to take some time to get out, but we can.

I am also sure Bo is pointing out where the officials are wrong to the conference...so the officials will know that if they blow a call, they will be held responsible for it to some degree.

That's the very definition of unfair officiating. How experienced or what kind of a reputation a coach has has(or at least should not have) no bearing on the calls that are made. If the refs judge it to be a penalty, then it is a penalty. Think about it.