My Son's First Home Game!!!

cmb23

He thought it was pretty darn cool. He loved the Husker Pavillion of course, really got into the chants (when they were done) and surprisingly paid attention to most of the game?!?!

Bundled up and ready to go before the sun is even up

l_e58d64ac71ac45b084f05eac2577ad38.jpg

With the Campbell's soup mascot

l_741655ec651142179a9b4d3988e7c11c.jpg

Had breakfast with Matt Davison

l_89b1ea23a3d94a98a2342579fb4b4bea.jpg

Yes...he threw it through the target (and I missed!!!)

l_6871203d76944585bf0bb1a1eb1190e8.jpg

Ready for kickoff!

l_d9430f66fea548969a27d8688ebe4939.jpg

GO BIG RED! GO BIG RED!

l_856c01f3518449f7bda314300ac8438b.jpg

Wait...what do you mean it's plastic and ground up tires?!?!

l_33970167263e4d799650c770f18f472f.jpg

Glad to hear you had a great day cmb23! One of the best memories I have of my childhood was my dad taking me to my first Chiefs game. I am looking forward to taking my son in a few years.

BTW i was surprised and pleased with the access you are allowed to have at the staduim. I attended the MU/NE game and after the game we walked the sideline the tunnels and basically had free roam. VERY cool.

Glad to hear you had a great day cmb23! One of the best memories I have of my childhood was my dad taking me to my first Chiefs game. I am looking forward to taking my son in a few years.

BTW i was surprised and pleased with the access you are allowed to have at the staduim. I attended the MU/NE game and after the game we walked the sideline the tunnels and basically had free roam. VERY cool.

The three Iowa fans that were with me were surprised as well with how much we allowed to rome before the game. They said at Kinnick you can't even attempt to do something like that or you'll get into trouble.

How did you get to eat breakfast with Matt Davison? What a lucky kid.

My roomate from college is friends with him and his dad works with Matt for Husker Sports Network. We went to their hospitality tent and they invited us in for some food (and access to heaters)...

And breakfast wasnt a donut and water...Pulled pork sandwiches, egg casserole, cheesey hash browns and fruit. Beats a $4 hot dog...but we had those too.

Cute kid - Looks like you guys had a great time!

Like a few others said, it's nice to see you raising your kid right. He looks like he is having a blast, and I bet this is something he will always remember.

Thanks for sharing, and what a great day it was! Perfect weather, my favorite game of the year so far (I have been to all of them).

Go Big Red! And wear Red next time!

Thanks all....

But don't get me started on the "Must wear red" thing...it's beyond old and tiresome to listen to. Besides, I have worn red for all 3 losses...so thought I'd try and break the 'jinx'. I'm pretty sure that going to my first game when I was 7 or 8 with my Dad and Grandpa, going to school there and road-tripping to 2 national championships proves my "Husk-ality" more than wearing a red shirt or a white shirt.