Absolute Bull Manure

And I'm talking about the officials Saturday. Unbelieveable.

Say what you want about the Big 10(11), at least they hold their guys accountable.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3666060

The missed facemask on Marlon's long run, and the missed defensive holding calls were bad enough. But missing a call on replay when it was clear a punt hit a BU player? Unexcusable. And there were more...

WTF?

By the way, I was sitting with an obnoxious guy who would wait until it was realllllllllly quiet and then yell at the refs. What a......oops, that was me...

Supposedly the punt did hit the Nebraska gunner and Versus didn't have the camera angle to show it. I cannot find it but it was mentioned in an OWH article Sunday and the player told the coaches he did touch it first so Bo backed off on that one.

But there were plenty of others that were bad and we got a break too on the receiver going out of bounds and reentered the field to make a catch.

I really had trouble with the PF penalty against Cody Glenn when he made contact inbounds and drove the guy out with his momentum.

Supposedly the punt did hit the Nebraska gunner and Versus didn't have the camera angle to show it. I cannot find it but it was mentioned in an OWH article Sunday and the player told the coaches he did touch it first so Bo backed off on that one.

But there were plenty of others that were bad and we got a break too on the receiver going out of bounds and reentered the field to make a catch.

I really had trouble with the PF penalty against Cody Glenn when he made contact inbounds and drove the guy out with his momentum.

On Bo's show last night, the angle I saw showed it hitting the BU guy.

They called a horse collar tackle on Glenn, instead of a hit out of bounds.

I'm just going crazy with all of the non-calls against BU!

I think this must have been a hot button in the offseason with the NCAA. I think OU got 2 or 3 of these personal fouls against Texas. I know we have been hit with numerous of these as well. When the ball carrier crosses the line, they want everyone off of them.

The penalties I think have been taken too far. The horsecollar penalty, IMO, is stupid. I don't see anything wrong with it and think it should not be a penalty in college or the NFL for that matter. I also don't like the helmet to helmet penalty. As long as the defender isn't spearing, I don't see what's wrong with it. I can understand why they have this penalty in the NFL because team owners have so much money "invested" into QB's. However, this isn't the NFL and the QB's should be fair game.

The penalties I think have been taken too far. The horsecollar penalty, IMO, is stupid. I don't see anything wrong with it and think it should not be a penalty in college or the NFL for that matter. I also don't like the helmet to helmet penalty. As long as the defender isn't spearing, I don't see what's wrong with it. I can understand why they have this penalty in the NFL because team owners have so much money "invested" into QB's. However, this isn't the NFL and the QB's should be fair game.

I agree with that, at least somewhat. The horsecollar penalty does seem stupid, and of all of the injuries you see on the field, I can't recall one involving that kind of tackle.

Helmet-to-helmet, well, you do see a lot of concussions, so maybe that's a good one, but it's so easy to make a good tackle but happen to collide helmets first.

Avoiding injuries, especially head injuries, is a good thing though.

So, why don't they take a real hard look at the equipment and see how to make it safer? I'd think there must be a way to design shoulder pads to not make them so easy to grab and get jerked down.

And I remember years ago someone proposing a softer helmet, that would still protect against blows but not itself be a weapon.

All of these penalties for various kind of tackles, yet every game you see a helmet or two flying off. What's up with that? Isn't that a huge safety factor? I suspect those happen because many players don't snap all 4 snaps, and the helmet isn't designed to stay secure that way. So make that one a penalty. At least it would be on the guy you're trying to protect, not on a defender who is making a tackle that is arbitrarily illegal.

The horse collar tackle is iffy with me. I have seen some players get their knees and ankles hurt pretty badly by this tackle. I think if you grab a player by the shoulder pads/back of jersey and fling them down it is okay, but if you bring him down back over his body, it should be called. I suppose they just banned it outright so there is not much left for judgment.

NU did seem to get screwed against BU on the pretty obvious calls.

I think this must have been a hot button in the offseason with the NCAA. I think OU got 2 or 3 of these personal fouls against Texas. I know we have been hit with numerous of these as well. When the ball carrier crosses the line, they want everyone off of them.

The horsecollar penalty definitely SHOULD be called. I have seen crushed tracheas as a result, not to mention all of the various sprains, spinal injuries are possible, whiplash etc... And to be honest, if you pull a guy down by the back of his collar.. it means you got BEAT.

They called a horse collar tackle on Glenn, instead of a hit out of bounds.

I'm just going crazy with all of the non-calls against BU!

That was the only good replay of the punt I saw, and if it did hit an NU player I didn't see it. It did pretty clearly seem that the ball hit a Baylor player however. But, whatever I guess, water under the bridge as they say.

Ok guys, I try to always post facts and here is the 'dark side' of the punt controversy; I dug deep and long to find this buried on the OWH site:

What was that? On the second play of the second quarter, senior Dan Titchener's punt hit sophomore Prince Amukamara before bouncing inside the 10-yard line. However, as the play evolved, nobody but Amukamara knew it. Baylor and Nebraska players scrambled to fall on the football, just in case. Redshirt freshman Mike Caputo did recover it, desperately hoping that he had set up the NU offense with a first and goal. But replay confirmed that Baylor got the ball on the 24-yard line, where Amukamara touched it first. http://omaha.com/index.php?u_page=3918&u_sid=10469841

I think the Big XII officials have it out for Nebraska. I couldn't believe the bad officiating through the whole game. The punt that was supposedly first touched by the Nebraska player was one of many blown calls in the game.

What really got me upset was how Baylor would have 12 to 13 players on the field until just before the ball would be snapped so Nebraska couldn't be sure how to line up on defense. Nebraska has 12 people on the field once and gets a illegal substitution call. :madash

I hope someone in the Big XII reviews this crap and puts an end to this.