Helu is our Guy!

If he were a bit faster...

He has a heck of a game against OU....

And once again Castille just didn't help his cause.....

He is clearly our top guy --- by a margin that is really not that close. Castille is clearly having head problems handling the ball and is tentative. Lucky is solid but is no Helu.

Castille, as suggested by others, is a really good candidate to switch to defense. Could be a decent SAM or MIKE --- maybe a really good one. He is young. Switch him now. The sooner the better in preparation for next year.

I'm going to finally agree with the people who want castille on defense. He just cant hold onto a freaking ball. I mean, I unfortunatley didn't play in college, but I would assume that holding the ball in college is like holding the ball in high school, or junior high, or peewee. How was this not diagnosed and fixed. Anyway...to late now, sounds like a good linebacker to me. haha, maybe he could take our saftey positions.

I'm in the castille must not touch the ball camp, but realistically where do we put him?

Could he be a decent Linebacker? Possibly, but I doubt it. He isn't really fast enough, and he definitely doesn't have a linebacker mentality. On his goalline runs tonight he basically threw himself down at the 1 yard line because he didn't want to run into a wall and the only reason he even scored on that series is because Suh came in at FB and manhandled three OU players at the point of contact. There is no chance this kid runs up in run support and lays out a HB or sacks a QB off the edge.

D-Line? Probably not. He doesn't have the motor for DE and his mentality was already covered. Plus we really don't need him at DT, expecially if he is just going to get pushed backwards every down.

FB? Likely could play here if he gets the blocking assignments down and he actually could be a solid run blocker, but the fact is he's a HB , not a good one right now but maybe if he rides the pine for the next three games and puts in some serious work on his mentality and his game he could develop into a solid back next year.

I'm in the castille must not touch the ball camp, but realistically where do we put him?

Could he be a decent Linebacker? Possibly, but I doubt it. He isn't really fast enough, and he definitely doesn't have a linebacker mentality. On his goalline runs tonight he basically threw himself down at the 1 yard line because he didn't want to run into a wall and the only reason he even scored on that series is because Suh came in at FB and manhandled three OU players at the point of contact. There is no chance this kid runs up in run support and lays out a HB or sacks a QB off the edge.

D-Line? Probably not. He doesn't have the motor for DE and his mentality was already covered. Plus we really don't need him at DT, expecially if he is just going to get pushed backwards every down.

FB? Likely could play here if he gets the blocking assignments down and he actually could be a solid run blocker, but the fact is he's a HB , not a good one right now but maybe if he rides the pine for the next three games and puts in some serious work on his mentality and his game he could develop into a solid back next year.

He is fast enough to be a rb, but not fast enough to be a lb? Aren't rb's generally faster than lbs?

not fast enough?...are you serious?...castille would easily be our fastest and most athletic LB...he might not look that fast as an IB but trust me he would be plenty fast for a LB ( look at cody glenn)... glenn didn't look that fast as an IB either but for a LB he is fast...castille was recruited by most school as a LB..and from the sound of it he was a " wrecking ball".....

watch out, looks like a bus is coming around the corner to throw a player under.

trust me his fumble didnt cost NU the game.

Yes Helu is playing better and should be playing more. more than Lucky and Castillo

OU was a better prepared, more talented, more experienced team and didnt make alot of mistakes

If you recall Castille before the fumble problems --- before he was tentative and afraid to fumble... well. You saw a guy that was a mack truck --- exceedingly physical and very much a kid with a motor who wanted to mix it up. He would definitely make a good LB --- probably a MIKE. He has plenty of speed --- certainly relative to our LBers anyway.

i think lucky is better than helu and gives us more options on offense this year. castile is just not going to pan out. cody glenn was a rare exeption. you cannot take running backs and change them to linebackers and have them play successfuly every time especially in fbs football. he probably wouldnt crack 2 deep next year with the talent we have at redshirt and coming in.

Helu is going to be our guy most likely... next year. but our offense's success is based on our short to intermediate passing game. Guess what? Lucky is hands down the best at picking up blitzes and making blocks from the HB position. Seriously... I think the coaches know who is the better runner. But we can't be a straight ahead running team right now. If Helu was in the game every snap his YPC would drop, and our passing game would suffer.

IMHO of course...

watch out, looks like a bus is coming around the corner to throw a player under.

trust me his fumble didnt cost NU the game.

Yes Helu is playing better and should be playing more. more than Lucky and Castillo

OU was a better prepared, more talented, more experienced team and didnt make alot of mistakes

It's got nothing to do with Castille's fumble not costing us the game, but simply that he is a liability with the ball in his hands.

Lucky - 108 carries, 0 fumbles

Helu - 66 carries, 0 fumbles

Castille - 65 carries, 4 fumbles

I think that pretty much says what it needs to.