Helu is our Guy!

one thing about helu is that he is a great cut-back guy ...when he makes that cut back he's decisive...as much as people complain about lucky i don't think he's playing that bad...i mean the guy goes in there and does what the coaches ask him to do...he's different from helu...they both have their strenghts...i think he sometimes get unfairly criticize

watch out, looks like a bus is coming around the corner to throw a player under.

trust me his fumble didnt cost NU the game.

Yes Helu is playing better and should be playing more. more than Lucky and Castillo

OU was a better prepared, more talented, more experienced team and didnt make alot of mistakes

It's got nothing to do with Castille's fumble not costing us the game, but simply that he is a liability with the ball in his hands.

Lucky - 108 carries, 0 fumbles

Helu - 66 carries, 0 fumbles

Castille - 65 carries, 4 fumbles

I think that pretty much says what it needs to.

Agree. Those fumbles kill momentum, stop drives, and have mostly led to points for the other team.

Helu has shown he is the man to take Lucky's spot next year.

Next year yes. Thanks for putting that in there. Is it just me or does the line REFUSE to block for Lucky in big games. Whenever we play a tough opponent and we try to run the ball with Lucky, the line just folds and he has nowhere to go. Lucky has been a victim as far as I'm concerned. Sucks for him big time...oh well, he'll still get a shot at the next level.

Next year yes. Thanks for putting that in there. Is it just me or does the line REFUSE to block for Lucky in big games. Whenever we play a tough opponent and we try to run the ball with Lucky, the line just folds and he has nowhere to go. Lucky has been a victim as far as I'm concerned. Sucks for him big time...oh well, he'll still get a shot at the next level.

The line blocks just as much for Helu as it does for Lucky. Lucky just doesnt see the cutback lanes. If there isnt a hole directly in front of Lucky he just runs into the back of his blockers. There were several runs last night where lucky could have gained huge chunks of yards if only he cut to one side or the other of the pile. As a sophomore Helu is light years ahead of where lucky was at the same point and may be a better back then him now. I am super excited to have this guy for the next couple years. He is only going to get better.

I'm in the castille must not touch the ball camp, but realistically where do we put him?

Could he be a decent Linebacker? Possibly, but I doubt it. He isn't really fast enough, and he definitely doesn't have a linebacker mentality. On his goalline runs tonight he basically threw himself down at the 1 yard line because he didn't want to run into a wall and the only reason he even scored on that series is because Suh came in at FB and manhandled three OU players at the point of contact. There is no chance this kid runs up in run support and lays out a HB or sacks a QB off the edge.

D-Line? Probably not. He doesn't have the motor for DE and his mentality was already covered. Plus we really don't need him at DT, expecially if he is just going to get pushed backwards every down.

FB? Likely could play here if he gets the blocking assignments down and he actually could be a solid run blocker, but the fact is he's a HB , not a good one right now but maybe if he rides the pine for the next three games and puts in some serious work on his mentality and his game he could develop into a solid back next year.

Doesn't have the mentality? Everything I've seen from him Q indicates that he loves contact. On that play at the 1 yd line he dove forward early because he misjudged where the goal line was and thought he could bolt underneath for the TD.

I'm intrigued by the FB idea, I just wish he was a little bit lower to the ground. He has a big upper body and I wonder if that top-heaviness makes it hard to get leverage blocking. LB is a possibility, but it would require him really wanting to convert in order to be dedicated enough to learn the position. His bio doesn't indicate that he's ever played that side of the ball.

There were several runs last night where lucky could have gained huge chunks of yards if only he cut to one side or the other of the pile.

There was one in the second quarter that was rediculous. Wide open space to both sides, plus the O-line got about 3 yards of push straight ahead, and Lucky ran straight ahead into the linemen. By the team he bounced out there was a DB that came up to make the tackle. Easily should've been 15 yds.

The line blocks just as much for Helu as it does for Lucky. Lucky just doesnt see the cutback lanes. If there isnt a hole directly in front of Lucky he just runs into the back of his blockers. There were several runs last night where lucky could have gained huge chunks of yards if only he cut to one side or the other of the pile. As a sophomore Helu is light years ahead of where lucky was at the same point and may be a better back then him now. I am super excited to have this guy for the next couple years. He is only going to get better.

Good point, Lucky just doesn't have the vision running the ball. One of the first run plays of the day Lucky got the hand off, burst through the line and ran right into the back of lineman. He missed the huge hole to the right. That's the difference between a 12 yard gain and a 4 yard gain. I thought Lucky looked bad out there. He doesn't seem to like contact. Helu looked good against a good football team. He hit the holes hard, the one cut and go. He doesn't dance around.

watch out, looks like a bus is coming around the corner to throw a player under.

trust me his fumble didnt cost NU the game.

Yes Helu is playing better and should be playing more. more than Lucky and Castillo

OU was a better prepared, more talented, more experienced team and didnt make alot of mistakes

Well, no, he didn't cost us the game because we were behind by a boatload of points. However, I have to hold my breath everytime he gets the ball. And what happens when it IS a close game. Would you want him in there?

I know for a fact I wouldn't.

Lucky is the best receiver of the 3 out of the backfield. Lucky does pick up the blitzes the best of the 3. Helu is the best runner of the 3. Lucky wins 2 out of the 3 things we ask our RB's to do. This is why he's the starter. BJ was a better runner than Porkchop, but it was very understandable why Porkchop was in there most of the time.