Quentin Castille

Dave M.

Should he be done running the ball? How many chances can one guy be given? What a about a switch to the defensive side of he ball? He can hit, but can never hang onto the ball. I don't think he deserves another carry this year. You have two more than capable backs to carry the load in Helu and Lucky. I would like to see Castille sit the remainder of the year.

Your thoughts?

Should he be done running the ball? How many chances can one guy be given? What a about a switch to the defensive side of he ball? He can hit, but can never hang onto the ball. I don't think he deserves another carry this year. You have two more than capable backs to carry the load in Helu and Lucky. I would like to see Castille sit the remainder of the year.

Your thoughts?

dedhoarse His year should be done at RB, I wouldn't be opposed to him switching to LB and causing some fumbles, because he owes us a few. I'm just sick of holding my breath everytime he carries the ball, when we have Helu and yes, even Lucky who is more than able to carry the ball. There is no sense in wasting his size and speed, so I hope we see Q on the other side of the ball.

The real question is, if he were to move to LB, do we redshirt him next year so he can get a better grasp of the D, or just let him go?

Your thoughts?

dedhoarse His year should be done at RB, I wouldn't be opposed to him switching to LB and causing some fumbles, because he owes us a few. I'm just sick of holding my breath everytime he carries the ball, when we have Helu and yes, even Lucky who is more than able to carry the ball. There is no sense in wasting his size and speed, so I hope we see Q on the other side of the ball.

The real question is, if he were to move to LB, do we redshirt him next year so he can get a better grasp of the D, or just let him go?

I think this has been said before...but what are the chances that we get two former RBs to turn to LB and be good? I guess it could happen.....

The thing is and it's obvious in most NU fans eyes, he doesn't have the speed to play at this level. Has horrible vision and balance. He doesn't have the lateral quickness to play LB either at this level. C. Glenn is a much smoother athlete. The only option I see is fullback or transfer.

I've been posting this for about the last 3 years witnessing Cally's recruiting philosophy and not taking any of the star bits into account, that entire staff recruited Big 10 style like they were still coaching college football in the 1980s. It's so apparent as you watch this team. All across the board.

There's about 3-4 fluid looking/running athletes on this team. Swift, Lucky, Murillo and West. When I'm talking fluid, I mean running smoothly. N. Paul is an example of a player that's running style is broken.

The thing is and it's obvious in most NU fans eyes, he doesn't have the speed to play at this level. Has horrible vision and balance. He doesn't have the lateral quickness to play LB either at this level. C. Glenn is a much smoother athlete. The only option I see is fullback or transfer.

I've been posting this for about the last 3 years witnessing Cally's recruiting philosophy and not taking any of the star bits into account, that entire staff recruited Big 10 style like they were still coaching college football in the 1980s. It's so apparent as you watch this team. All across the board.

There's about 3-4 fluid looking/running athletes on this team. Swift, Lucky, Murillo and West. When I'm talking fluid, I mean running smoothly. N. Paul is an example of a player that's running style is broken.

I would put Helu in the group that can run fluidly. The speed is something that should concern everyone. We don't have more than a handfull of it on this team and none of them even have that breakaway speed.

I would disagree with the first point and would question were you even came up with the second. Q has looked every bit as fleet of foot and nimble as glenn did when he was a RB..... he just cant hold onto the ball. IF he could I dont think their are many people that would be complaining about him.

the guy ran a 4.6 40 in HS... that's faster then glenn by .02, and the guy has dropped weight and supposedly a lot faster now

the only negative to moving him is a lack of a short yardage back. I think our current backs can handle that or how about using a FB? I'm sure the makavica kid could come in and get us a yard if needed

If the coaches give Castille the ball in any game where the win or loss is still in doubt, I will have lost a lot of faith in our coaches. He's been given ample chances to show that he can hold onto the ball and he continues to fail. At some point our coaches have to just say to Castille that he's been given a lot of chances and they can't continue to give him anymore. They talk highly of Mendoza but they never give him hardly any chance. Come on coaches, when is enough, enough?

I had to stop watching the game in the first quarter. Can anyone tell me exactly how bad Castille did?

For some reason we gave him some carries and he'd do his standard get to the line of scrimmage then fall down for apparently no reason.

Oh and fumble.