What's up with all the Marlon Lucky bashing?

Lucky has been a team player...I have no complaint about him. He has to have the holes to run through...

Yeah, he has been steadily improving this season, and keep in mind that he missed a couple practices this week. I really don't understand people bashing lucky, he has shown that he can makes things happen. So why don't people shut their damn mouths or put on some pads and try to do what Marlon does.

GO LUCKY

GO BIG RED

Those who rip on Lucky are probably those who also continually bagged on Swift for who knows what reasons. The guy practiced once all week, and then tries to go out and lay his body on the line and yet here we are again ripping him. I am not the biggest Helu fan there is, but the kid did impress me. However, when one looks back at Roy's season a lot of his damage was done late in games vs. tired defenses. Maybe Lucky does the same, maybe not, but this is a thread that has done played itself out and is getting redundant. Wait 20 some years & some of you hopefully will appreciate all this kid has done for us like some of us can see already. Look past the hype that was unfairly put on his shoulders & you'll see one of the best ALL AROUND RUNNING BACKS we possibly will ever have.

Those who rip on Lucky are probably those who also continually bagged on Swift for who knows what reasons. The guy practiced once all week, and then tries to go out and lay his body on the line and yet here we are again ripping him. I am not the biggest Helu fan there is, but the kid did impress me. However, when one looks back at Roy's season a lot of his damage was done late in games vs. tired defenses. Maybe Lucky does the same, maybe not, but this is a thread that has done played itself out and is getting redundant. Wait 20 some years & some of you hopefully will appreciate all this kid has done for us like some of us can see already. Look past the hype that was unfairly put on his shoulders & you'll see one of the best ALL AROUND RUNNING BACKS we possibly will ever have.

:clap reminds me of Brian Westbrook, phenomenal team player and person too

It's 3rd and 6, down on KU's 16 yard line, there's 25 seconds left in the game and NU is trailing KU 17-13.

Who do you want in at IB???

Helu or Lucky?

How about both? Let run some sets with both of them in the backfield. That would add an element of surprise to the game. I love Luckys blocking ability, and Helus ability to run with the ball when he gets outside. I think we could utilize having both of them on the field at the same time.

It's 3rd and 6, down on KU's 16 yard line, there's 25 seconds left in the game and NU is trailing KU 17-13.

Helu or Lucky?

How about both? Let run some sets with both of them in the backfield. That would add an element of surprise to the game. I love Luckys blocking ability, and Helus ability to run with the ball when he gets outside. I think we could utilize having both of them on the field at the same time.

I completely agree. It would not hurt to have them both on the field at the same time.

Helu or Lucky?

How many time outs? If you dont have any time outs you are looking at throwing twice, probably rolling the pocket with Ganz so I would take either. If we have a time out or two that would provide an option to run, I'll take Helu everytime.

I still havent seen Helu show me anything he does less better than Lucky. I am not bashing Lucky. I just dont think there is a huge gap between the two, as a matter of fact i think Helu probably has the edge just because of his ability to create when there is nothing there. He can catch, he runs far better than Marlon, he is able to create. Lucky is better at pass protection, but that comes with experience.

lucky has outplayed helu as of late until this last game, but he also did not play much because of an injury. fan bases for whatever reason find a guy they dont like and ride him. lucky has been great for us, and returned as a senior even though he didnt have to. fans should love him but they dont....its stupid

Agreed. I still think Helu should be the starter at RB, but as I've said before I don't know why they both can't be on the field at the same time.

Honestly, I would take Helu.

IMO Helu has shown that he can break tackles more consistently than Lucky, & on 3rd and 6 with the game on the line, you're probably gonna have to break a tackle or 2

then you arent thinking.. 3rd and 6 our main option isnt going to be our halfback... especially in that situation... lucky is better catching the ball out of the backfield, lucky is better at picking up blocks.....