RB Al-Terek McBurse

4.59... ???

Yes... is that too slow for you?

In any event (even if that's not the case), I really think that NCAA video games make people expect players to have alot faster 40 times than is realistic.

Not necessarily for me. Just kind of jumps out.

If Willie says not to worry, I wont. :)

Most guys whose stats say 4.4 are about a 4.59. Probably 70% of the OLB recruits at the big schools off of Rivals and Scout are a listed in the 4.5's or below --- yet when the elite OLB's make it to the NFL combine (after their time in college) perhaps 1 out of 4 run in the 4.5's. What is the difference? Real times versus fictitious times. In the same sense, very few college RB's are a true sub 4.5. Most are 4.6 or slightly above (though most are listed at at or under 4.5).

I think that a true 4.4 would yield something like a 10.4 - 10.5 hundred meter dash time (someone can correct me if I am off a little --- but it is something like that) --- and many states in the union do not have a single track athlete running a certifiable 10.5 or under 100 meters. Point being --- a real 4.4 is rare, very, very, very rare.

If this kid is a real, actual, honest to God 4.59 then he is plenty fast. If the 4.59 is fictitious and he really is a 4.75 than well... not so fast! Who knows.

What does he look like on film?

ESPN now has a rating of 74, #116 RB and an eval:

Mcburse grows on you the more you watch him and possesses great upside as a college RB prospect. Tall, lean frame that is just going to explode with bulk once he attacks a college weight-training program. We feel this kid could develop into a strong, 210-pound, slashing runner. Presses the hole and shows some burst but is more of a one-gear back who consistently pounds it between the tackles and can wear down a defense. Good vision and shows a feel for the cutback. Cuts decisively and quickly squares up to power through arm-tackles with his strong frame. At his best making one move then planting and accelerating north-south. Shifty, can redirect and sidestep trash but does not waste much time taking unnecessary lateral cuts. Stretches it well east-west in outside zone schemes but needs to avoid running upright as it tends to hinder lateral quickness. Soft hands, polished route running and receiving skills out of the backfield add to his upside as a prospect. A tough, determined runner on contact and his good YAC should only improve as he continues to fill out and get bigger and stronger. Our main concern is he simply lacks great top-speed for a 180-pound back. Long-strider but can get caught from behind on long runs; struggles kicking in an extra gear and separating in the second level. Bottom line, McBurse's physical development should dictate his college success. Needs to add major size and power to grow into a high-carry back and effectively transfer his current strong, downhill style to the college level. Potential to be an every down back and best football is definitely ahead of him.

Setting records in a pretty good football division:

Winter Springs' Al-Terek McBurse making historic run

Buddy Collings | INSIDE HIGH SCHOOLS

October 15, 2008

Following an open week, Al-Terek McBurse continues his attack on the Seminole Athletic Conference's single-season football rushing record when Winter Springs (4-1) plays at Lyman (3-3) on Friday night.

If the slippery senior tailback does chase down a record that has stood for 16 seasons, the current owner wants to watch it happen.

Marquette Smith, a former UCF standout who still calls Central Florida home most of the year, ran for 2,228 yards for Lake Howell in the 1990 regular season. He finished with 2,409 for a 9-2 team, counting a playoff loss.

McBurse has 1,193 yards and is on pace for 2,386 in the regular season.

"I knew I had a couple of records hanging around, but that's almost 20 years now," Smith said Tuesday. "I'm rooting for him. I'd love to be at the game and shake his hand when he does break the record."

Smith is coaching indoor football, but he does not have to report to his new position as special teams coordinator for the Peoria (Ill.) Pirates of af2 until March.

Smith said he attended the 1999 game in which Kissimmee Osceola's Willie Green broke his Central Florida career rushing mark and watched as Kevin Smith zoomed past his UCF single-season rushing record last year.

The area regular-season rushing mark of 2,362 was set in 1990 by Lake Highland's Dan Parkins, who played in the same backfield as Marquette Smith on a Pop Warner state-title team when both were sixth-graders.

http://athletevault.com/Videos/AlTareekMcburse2AV.html

McBurse is a legit 4.42 here is his 2008 highlights he played during his JR season with a very bad hamstring and bad foot which is why he looked slower I'm posting his new film to show you no one is running him down . The junoir film on rivals is old they do have a short clip of the first two games of the o8 season where you can see the speed. He likes Nebraska a lot but if he doesn't get the fan support he will not go there that I promise you !

http://athletevault.com/Videos/AlTareekMcburse2AV.html

McBurse is a legit 4.42 here is his 2008 highlights he played during his JR season with a very bad hamstring and bad foot which is why he looked slower I'm posting his new film to show you no one is running him down . The junoir film on rivals is old they do have a short clip of the first two games of the o8 season where you can see the speed. He likes Nebraska a lot but if he doesn't get the fan support he will not go there that I promise you !

Trust me bro, we all want him to come play RB for us. He's a great player.

"Presses the hole and shows some burst but is more of a one-gear back who consistently pounds it between the tackles and can wear down a defense. "

I believe they said this kid gets drug down from behind alot ESPN is crazy this kid has excellent vision and great footwork. He breaks tackles left and right and still gets seperation after contact. This kids makes the other guys look like a bunch of pee wee football players trying to tackle him. I'm a firm believer that you dont have to be the speedest guy on the field if you can break contact and make people miss you dont have to out run them. Out of all the backs I have watched film on this guy would be my number one I dont care how may stars the other guys or this kid has he is the real deal.

"Presses the hole and shows some burst but is more of a one-gear back who consistently pounds it between the tackles and can wear down a defense. "

I believe they said this kid gets drug down from behind alot ESPN is crazy this kid has excellent vision and great footwork. He breaks tackles left and right and still gets seperation after contact. This kids makes the other guys look like a bunch of pee wee football players trying to tackle him. I'm a firm believer that you dont have to be the speedest guy on the field if you can break contact and make people miss you dont have to out run them. Out of all the backs I have watched film on this guy would be my number one I dont care how may stars the other guys or this kid has he is the real deal.

Sounds like the film they watched is from when he was injured or something. Nobody puts up those kind of numbers against that competition if they aren't breaking off long TD runs. He'd be a huge get.