RB Al-Terek McBurse

McBurse's video looks better to me then D. Robinson's video. But again Robinson is much bigger and plays behind a stacked o-line (worried about that). Also you can't discount the HS numbers he's putting up. Add that to the numbers with QB Cody Green and looks to be an potential excellent backfield.

Hopefully the kid likes it here and he wants to play ball at NU. We were really close with Mike Ford from the central Florida area and he's a stud rb at South Florida.

I hope we continue getting guys from the Speed state. NU has always done well with Florida guys. I can't think of many that haven't come and not started for us.

It's still perplexing to me why you wouldn't want to come to NU to play tailback. While it's not the old school tailback of old, Lucky, B. Jackson, C. Ross are all/will be in the NFL. While C. Buchhalter and A. Green are still playing as well. Only 1 starting NU RB, D. Diedrick, didn't go onto the NFL in like forever. He's up in Canada playing ball though.

FYI Georgia Tech filled their last (allegedly) A-back (position for which McBurse was being recruited) scholarship slot Wednesday:

Demond Dennis headed to Yellow Jackets

Running back Demond Dennis of Carver (Atlanta) has committed to Georgia Tech over Alabama, Auburn, Illinois and Louisville.

UAB, Central Florida, Miami-Ohio, East Carolina and Western Kentucky have also offered the 5-foot-9, 190-pound athlete.

Dennis told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "I thought about waiting, but [Tech] told me that there was only one [A-back] scholarship left, and I didn't want to miss out on a school like Georgia Tech."

He added, "I like how it's close to home, and my friends and family can come see me play."

Dennis rushed for 1,605 yards and scored 13 touchdowns during his junior season.

Grades might have been an issue with Tech.

Still might be tough to pull from Florida. (Rumor on South Carolina board)

Looks like he'd be a good RB to have. I wonder if his limited number of receptions is a result of the offense they run or if he needs to work on his catching skills?

On the video he looks like a pretty good receiver. Looks like the offense is run oriented. Leading WR has 9 catches. QB has 76 PA with 32 PC according to this site:

http://varsity.orlandosentinel.com/Compare...playType=player

Free article on Yahoo from a couple of weeks ago:

McBurse bursting on the scene

It is an incredibly deep year at running back in the state of Florida with such prospects like Trent Richardson, Jamaal Berry, Lamar Miller, Mike James, Dontae Aycock, Chris Thompson, and Mike Gillislee, just to name a few. Well, you can add another name to the elite list. His name is Al-Terek McBurse.

Through five games McBurse has rushed the ball 114 times for 1,453 games and 18 touchdowns. That’s a whapping 12.75 yards per carry and 291 yards per game.

“This is the first time I have been the man,” McBurse said. “I have always been playing behind a couple of seniors or older guys. I did last year and still rushed for 1,300 yards. I finally got the opportunity to show what I can do this season.”

This season rushing outburst has generated a ton of attention as you can imagine. Things have certainly picked up for McBurse off the field.

“The phone calls have certainly picked up. It seems like I am getting an offer or two each week.”

According to McBurse the most recent teams to offer have been Kansas, Wake Forest and South Florida.

“Some schools I am looking at right now are Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, UCF, Kansas, and Purdue.

“I am really liking Georgia Tech and South Florida. I went to the Georgia Tech camp and really enjoyed it. Then I brought my parents back. Education there is second to none and they have really been high on my list since then. They have made the biggest impression on me and my family. But I am still trying to figure things out.

“I like that UCF is close to home and I like how Wake Forest runs the ball, although I don’t know much about them. Kansas seems like a good school too and I know I am supposed to visit Purdue. “

The only visit McBurse has right now is to Georgia Tech on November 1st. The rest of his official visits will take place in December and January.

“They all say I will have a chance to be the man next season. Well, except Tech because they have Jonathan Dwyer.”

Does he have a second gear? I'm not sure. But he sure as hell looks good running the ball.

Faster on the YouTube video. Nobody's running him down from behind:

c-0i3zSNGMM

His video does seem a bit odd. His legs don't seem to be moving very fast, yet he is pulling away from everyone in sight.

You don't think he's moving that fast, but he's faster than everyone else on the field. Almost as if he's gliding down the field.

http://athletevault.com/Videos/AlTareekMcburse2AV.html

McBurse is a legit 4.42 here is his 2008 highlights he played during his JR season with a very bad hamstring and bad foot which is why he looked slower I'm posting his new film to show you no one is running him down . The junoir film on rivals is old they do have a short clip of the first two games of the o8 season where you can see the speed. He likes Nebraska a lot but if he doesn't get the fan support he will not go there that I promise you !

If Al-Terek is worried about fan support, he will never have to worry about that at Nebraska. If he can stand some cold weather, I am sure he will love EVERYTHING else about Nebraska.

I would LOVE for this kid to tell the world Lincoln is the place he will be playing for the next 4-5 years so he can tear up some other B12 defenses. Here is to hoping!

McBurse is a legit 4.42 here is his 2008 highlights he played during his JR season with a very bad hamstring and bad foot which is why he looked slower I'm posting his new film to show you no one is running him down . The junoir film on rivals is old they do have a short clip of the first two games of the o8 season where you can see the speed. He likes Nebraska a lot but if he doesn't get the fan support he will not go there that I promise you !

If Al-Terek is worried about fan support, he will never have to worry about that at Nebraska. If he can stand some cold weather, I am sure he will love EVERYTHING else about Nebraska.

I would LOVE for this kid to tell the world Lincoln is the place he will be playing for the next 4-5 years so he can tear up some other B12 defenses. Here is to hoping!

Totally agree. He is destroying the competition. Very impressive.

I got it now, I know who he reminds me of, Bobby Purify from Colorado. Both have very similar strides and didn't look overwhelmingly fast on film/TV, yet defenders didn't make up too much ground on them. Purify, like McBurse also had that somewhat upright running style and knew when to cut back.

Considering that less than 25% of the NFL RB's have legit 4.42 speed, I doubt it.

He looks plenty fast and looks like a great back --- of that there is no doubt. But if he had legit 4.42 speed he would be among the fastest track athletes in Florida. 4.42 is a number people throw out routinely but that kind of speed is very, very rare. There probably isn't more than a few dozen HS football players in the nation with that kind of electronic speed.