I thought with Prince resigning from KSUcks that it would be cool if we stole a couple of highly rated recruits from them

Gotta thrill the next guy that Prince sold out the program by adding a ton of JUCO's to try to save his job this year.

No doubt...thank you Ron Prince for running a Big XII north division team into the ground... :)

You gotta think with the JUCO experiment they are a good 5-7 years away from competing again...but I suppose it depends a great deal on their next hire...

I don't know if K-State would pull the trigger ... and the person would accept, because of his ties to us ... but Turner Gill would be coming in at a great time at K-State ... one of the best up and coming coaches.

I would hate it ... but that's why I would go to any length to get him under the Husker embrella as Assistant Head Coach yesterday.

SheepdogMark

I don't know if K-State would pull the trigger ... and the person would accept, because of his ties to us ... but Turner Gill would be coming in at a great time at K-State ... one of the best up and coming coaches.

I would hate it ... but that's why I would go to any length to get him under the Husker embrella as Assistant Head Coach yesterday.

SheepdogMark

No matter how strong the ties are to NU, there is no way he would accept what amounts to a demotion to be Asst. HC. Especially since he is doing such a good job in Buffalo that his name comes up for almost every high profile College HC job that comes open. He will get plenty of chances this year and next, question is when he feels right about moving on.

SheepdogMark

No matter how strong the ties are to NU, there is no way he would accept what amounts to a demotion to be Asst. HC. Especially since he is doing such a good job in Buffalo that his name comes up for almost every high profile College HC job that comes open. He will get plenty of chances this year and next, question is when he feels right about moving on.

Oh don't get me wrong ... I agree with your post. However, if I were Osborne, I would atleast try to get this man on our team. Once I hear that it has been offerred, personally, I would feel better. I've never heard about any conversation with Turner for any coaching job at NU. Has anybody else.

Just curious about that,

SheepdogMark

SheepdogMark

I could be wrong, but I don't recall hearing his name mentioned for ANY high profile job except Nebraska.

They are saying that the K-State job is Bill Snyders to lose he will either take it or pick the new coach. Hell part of his contract when he left was he would always have an office at the stadium and he got life time tickets even to away games. He still travels with the team when the go on road games.

SheepdogMark

I could be wrong, but I don't recall hearing his name mentioned for ANY high profile job except Nebraska.

I haven't heard of him directly in the running, but every time the media talks about vacancies his name keeps coming up. Recently saw something on ESPN that listed coaches most likely to get a big time job and his name was number one by most analysts. Take that for what it is, not much, but I have to think he is on most schools' radars. I will be interested to see what opportunities, if any, come up between now and next year.

SheepdogMark

I haven't heard of him directly in the running, but every time the media talks about vacancies his name keeps coming up. Recently saw something on ESPN that listed coaches most likely to get a big time job and his name was number one by most analysts. Take that for what it is, not much, but I have to think he is on most schools' radars. I will be interested to see what opportunities, if any, come up between now and next year.

KSU could certainly do far worse.

Oh, wait - they already did!