I thought with Prince resigning from KSUcks that it would be cool if we stole a couple of highly rated recruits from them

but then I looked and they don't have any!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!

In all seriousness, they are doing better than Tenn. at keeping their guys so far (Rivals free):

HOLDING STEADY

Any time there is a coaching change at a college program, there will be recruits who defect. For the most part, Kansas State's recruiting class looks as if it will remain intact. When it was announced last week that coach Ron Prince would not return, nine of the Wildcats' 10 commitments said they were sticking with their commitments – at least for now.

The lone recruit leaning toward changing his mind is offensive tackle Michael Bowie, the highest-ranked recruit in K-State's class. Bowie, a 6-5, 300-pounder from Sand Springs (Okla.) Page, visited Texas Tech this past weekend. Schools such as Oklahoma State and Oklahoma have been showing interest over the past few weeks.

but then I looked and they don't have any!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!

In all seriousness, they are doing better than Tenn. at keeping their guys so far (Rivals free):

HOLDING STEADY

Any time there is a coaching change at a college program, there will be recruits who defect. For the most part, Kansas State's recruiting class looks as if it will remain intact. When it was announced last week that coach Ron Prince would not return, nine of the Wildcats' 10 commitments said they were sticking with their commitments – at least for now.

The lone recruit leaning toward changing his mind is offensive tackle Michael Bowie, the highest-ranked recruit in K-State's class. Bowie, a 6-5, 300-pounder from Sand Springs (Okla.) Page, visited Texas Tech this past weekend. Schools such as Oklahoma State and Oklahoma have been showing interest over the past few weeks.

thats probably cause no other d1 school wants em', i mean if prince was recruiting them they can't be that good

*crosses fingers, hoping not to eat those words at a later date*

Would Turner Gill accept the head coaching job at KState if they offered?

thats an interesting question because it is a 'big time' job.. but the ties to NU and what not... who knows. i dont think he can pass it up, but maybe he can. wait for the next couple years when another big job opens

I definitely think that KSU is no longer a 'big time' job. Synder did what he could and maxed out KSU's potential.

I think they will struggle to find a coach and be forced to take their 4th or 5th choice. We will see KSU become a perennial basement dweller.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard Synder might take over at KState again.

And change their offense to something requiring a dual threat QB:

Cali QB decommits from Kansas State

Quarterback Matt Schilz of Maranatha (Pasadena, Calif.) has parted ways with Kansas State after learning the Wildcats will return to a dual-threat offensive system under coach Bill Snyder.

A pocket passer, Schilz had committed to KSU for Class 2009 and the pro-style offense run under former coach Ron Prince. He originally had drawn interest from Oregon State, San Diego State, Washington State and SMU.

I heard Synder might take over at KState again.

And change their offense to something requiring a dual threat QB:

Cali QB decommits from Kansas State

Quarterback Matt Schilz of Maranatha (Pasadena, Calif.) has parted ways with Kansas State after learning the Wildcats will return to a dual-threat offensive system under coach Bill Snyder.

A pocket passer, Schilz had committed to KSU for Class 2009 and the pro-style offense run under former coach Ron Prince. He originally had drawn interest from Oregon State, San Diego State, Washington State and SMU.

I read that they are going to the option and told him that he wasnt needed.