Empty seats?

NUpolo8

I would have to say Havok, that I might have to agree with you on two things. There is no way that they should have moved the students. I thought that was horrible when I heard that they were. I also agreee with the fact that people need to shut their pie holes when others want to stand and shout!! Oh yeah my wife still can't talk LMAO!! I have to say that we sat in a very fun and loud section for once and it was a blast. I was disappointed though whe I looked diagonally accross the field and saw the empty seats though. I try to make a few a year and that was the best this year for us. But can you believe that a fight damn near broke out behind us with a forty-fifty year old man screamingat people for standing and then a chick jumped in his face screaming back and then I would say her boyfriend or husband damn neared beat his a$$, Wish he would have, but we don't need our own fans fighting. Although the Jayhawk fans in the area were loving that.

I hear ya, If you are not planning on standing for at least part of the game, stay home, watch it on tv and give your tix to someone who will stand and make some noise. The game I was at earlier this year, the section just sat almost the whole game, there was an old couple in front of us, who never stood up, cheered or even clapped...

Attendance was still 85,000 +. Consider ourselves lucky we have that kind of attendance every game. While I'm a little upset, I didn't notice any lack of volume. I was in the student section, was there an hour before the game, and stayed until the team ran off the field. I have been a student the past five years--five of the worst years of our program's history in the past 50 years. To say through all of this that were all mad that there we're a few hundred open seats in the student seciton? Hell, I'm just glad students are still buying tickets. I'm tired of seeing Texas and USC hats around campus. Remember that we still won on Saturday, and that the game was still a sellout. I'm much more worried about our on-field performance than what someone 50 rows above me is or is not doing. Plenty of people, all over the stadium, left at half or left early. They missed a great game.

Oh, and I'll be there for Colorado, too. It will be my last as a student. Maybe then I can join the ranks of "the angry mob of blue hairs."

All in good fun. :box

I am a student as well, and I could care less whether other kids are there or not...I'm at the games and that is all that matters. I still get chills everytime I walk into the stadium, and I go hung over as well.

However, the ticket office made it hard to sell a student ticket with the validation, and having to be there when doing it...just a bunch of red tape to sell your ticket.

And I'll be gone for the Colorado game, because I am an out of state student, but I sold my ticket so someone else can enjoy Husker football...

It is sad. Maybe a letter should go out to the student population on how to dress for cold weather. Get out and support your team. Pretend they are going skiing on spring break.

Ok I have to say here that maybe we should lay off the poor kids. They didn't grow up the way I did, and they're just not used to have to go out in sub-zero weather to fix a well when the wind is bowing and the water is freezing to you the whole time you are out there. Ok I will quit whining too.

There's plenty of time to whack off after the game. ;)

:rollin

A lot of people on here have beaten me to the punch, ie letting the students know that they aren't so special that no one else has worked full-time and been a full-time student, no one else has braved the cold weather to watch the football team, etc. Also, the three reasons that were listed for students not showing up are pretty weak. What happened to "we'll all stick together in all kinds of weather for Dear old Nebraska U?"

As a student from out of state (actually from Ft Collins, CO lol), I will be spending my Thanksgiving IN colorado, and won't be able to make it back to the game. This is the case for about 50% of the guys I have talked to, not many students from far away will be able to make it back to the game... so be prepared.

So? Sell your ticket!!!!!!!!!!

Or even better give it to me or any of the thousands of fans that would love to go to the game!

As a student from out of state (actually from Ft Collins, CO lol), I will be spending my Thanksgiving IN colorado, and won't be able to make it back to the game. This is the case for about 50% of the guys I have talked to, not many students from far away will be able to make it back to the game... so be prepared.

So? Sell your ticket!!!!!!!!!!

Or even better give it to me or any of the thousands of fans that would love to go to the game!

last year i offered a ticket to someone when i was going to be in Cancun.. someone didn't want it because it was in the student section, "not good enough" so i ended up selling it to an ex-gf <_<

If you think college is hard I can't wait for you to graduate.

But at least you don't have a sense of entitlement though. And lucky for you nothing is your fault.

PS, without you, there'd still be a NU football team.

really? without students there would a football team? wow, i'd love to see how that goes.. and fyi i was at the game. and um.. and how can you say i don't have a sense of entitlement? do you know me? no. but keep judging me as an individual. and don't say it was generic b/c obviously it wasn't. and funny, my dad said life after college is easier than during... maybe you didn't have to do anything during college :dunno , sorry it doesn't work that way for everyone.

:nanalama

Bottom line, its pretty crappy that you, a student, and other students bitch and complain about how important you are to the whole model of success that it is Nebraska football, then do not show up to the game after you apply for, pay for, and stop someone else from getting the tickets who maybe wanted to go to every game. In a distant way, it would be akin to not voting and bitching about the government.

Just saying.

yet again, blaming me and pointing at me for being at the game? wait, what do you want me to do? not show up? i'm confused... plus, who did we "stop" from going to the games? other students? what do you care? according to you we don't even matter.

don't know how much better it's going to be for the Colorado game around Thanksgiving.

Well if the final game of the year against CU, doesn't get your blood flowing. Then you don't have a pulse! (or your a spoiled college kid who doesn't yet realize what your missing out on!) <_<

im going to take offense to that. a spoiled college kid? yea, i absolutely LOVE going to class for 8 hours on tuesdays n thursdays, and another 2 on monday wednesday friday, while turning around and working 35-40 hours, plus having to study and do homework. oh wait, and i have to pay $4000 a semester for it. Yea, spoiled, im sorry that we get cheaper tickets than everyone else. Cheaper in what way? the fact that we pay tuition and without us there would be no team? yea. whatever.

Actually if there were no student athletes, there wouldn't be a team.

Hello, I'm a student at the university, and I've browsed these forums for a while now and enjoy reading everything people have to say about the huskers. But I decided to join to add to this post. I was one who did complain after the changing of the student section seating. When I was younger, I made it to a couple of husker games. I never thought they were very exciting because everyone around me was extremely quiet and sat the whole game except for touchdown celebrations. There was no enthusiasm. Until I came to college. My first year that I purchased student tickets was last season. I had never felt so much pride after sitting in the student section after the nevada game. Since then I can't listen to the tunnelwalk song without getting goosebumps, and get the chills every time I drive on 180 heading into downtown going by the stadium. I became angered when I found out they were setting us up farther. I thought, are they really sending us back further so people can sit the whole game and pay half attention to the game while talking to their friends about their past week? I figured if you want to do that, you just as well watch the damn game on tv. But what is done is done, and I still show up early to get a good seat. I braved the cold yesterday, and loved every minute of the ku game. However, from my point of view, people are leaving or not showing up because:

1. We are not the dominant team we were while growing up

2. It was very cold

3. Many of them were still probably hung over

But I believe the first reason is the most important. Many students don't want to go anymore because they don't want to be there to watch us lose. I'm afraid that the past Callahan years may have led some students to become bandwagon fans.

However, I do want it to be known that we did bitch for a reason about our seating being changed, because in past years the student section has provided a great majority of the noise in that stadium. NEVER have I looked over to section 16 and seen fans standing screaming their lungs out before every defensive play, cheering the blackshirts on. But at least the alums don't have to yell at us to sit down anymore, as that was the most noise some of them were making the whole game.

As huskers532 said, be prepared...thanksgiving break will mean even more empty seats

People don't mind standing during a game, it's just rediculous you guys always had to stand on your seats. That really makes it difficult for people behind you to see even while standing up. Kids find it hard to see, older people find it hard to see. They have just as much right to watch the game there as you do. I saw many times on the jumbotron you were asked to not stand on the benches during teh games, security people came and asked you guys to stand on the concrete and not on the benches. Because you could not follow the rules, moving you up was a consequence of your actions. Kids these days think they can do whatever the hell they want without any reguard to others, and then when they are punished, they whine about it and say it isn't fair.

I think there were quite a few students at the game, but it was cold and they seemed more huddled together than before.

Last thing is the song goes, we all stay together in all kinds of weather. Not going because you don't want to watch them lose is a poor excuse. The student section shouldn't be the bandwagon fans of the group.

yet again. people do mind standing. it does not have everything to do with standing on their seats. not at all. standing in general. i remember twice, twice, going to games before being a student, standing after kickoff, and getting yelled at, by multiple people, multiple times. so don't feed me that bs. you say kids these days think they can do whatever they want? well i'll throw this at you, adults these days think they can tell us "kids" to do whatever the hell they want us to do. NEWSFLASH. 99% of all students at the University are adults. 18. Adults. Yet you continue to think you can boss us around and tell us that we are ignorant a$$hole$. maybe there is a reason we act like that? oh wait, thats right, we were RAISED THAT WAY. who raised us? oh wait, the same generation that is complaining that the younger people are that way. Hmm funny how that works, huh? And maybe you don't realize because you aren't a student. But this past week was a huge week for tests. A lot of students may have gone back home for the weekend, or simple checked out and decided to sleep. God forbid that someone tries to catch up on sleep when they are running on three or four hours a night. just as you say it's not all about the "kids" but guess what, it's not all about you either. sorry. think about possible reasons rather than just jumpin down on people when you don't know any circumstances.

18 isn't an adult. You have no idea what the real world is like even when you are in college. I'm 27, so I'm not real old myself. Maybe some of you should listen to advise and not think your being bossed around.

But at least you don't have a sense of entitlement though. And lucky for you nothing is your fault.

really? without students there would a football team? wow, i'd love to see how that goes.. and fyi i was at the game. and um.. and how can you say i don't have a sense of entitlement? do you know me? no. but keep judging me as an individual. and don't say it was generic b/c obviously it wasn't. and funny, my dad said life after college is easier than during... maybe you didn't have to do anything during college :dunno , sorry it doesn't work that way for everyone.

Man, what does your dad do for a job then. I want that job

Man, what does your dad do for a job then. I want that job

okay, seriously. My dad didn't sleep weekends in college. Period. He busted his ass to get where he is, and well, i'm going to guess it may be better than where you are. He actually ya know, gets to sleep every once and awhile now? He gets to see the pride in all his hard work? yea.....

18 is an adult. Go ask. funny how i walked into a voting booth and voted at 18, funny how i have a friend over in Iraq, at 18. Interesting.

and without students, there would be no university, hence no one for you to support. student athletes aren't just football players, ya realize that, right? there is something other than football in our great university? maybe you didn't know that.....

and to BRI (and ev1 else who can't read) -->

I WAS AT THE EFFIN GAME! not to mention, yeah, tickets are cheap for students.. oh wait, we're students though... so uh, that would mean uh... we're paying tuition!!!! Paying more than it would cost you to scalp tickets every week to every game.