Tunnel Walk

mickijc_20

I thought 'stealth' flying over the stadium was GREAT in addition to the tunnel walk. We were in the North Stadium and to hear the South Stadium erupt when it was spotted and then have it fly it overhead was pretty darn neat.

And to top it off, if there is such a thing as polite boos, one of the crewman was a KU fan and opened his flight suit to reveal his BLUE to receive 'kinder - gentler boos'. And if on que, the last airmen in the line opened his flight suit to reveal his BIG RED colors to a big ovation from the faithful.

Priceless.

Once again, the tunnel walk was pretty bland and the friggin cheerleaders didn't get to the Husker Power chant. Seriously, they're friggin fired. The only part of the tunnel walk that is really cool, is the helmet crushing a logo. The past few years have had some really cool ideas, but this years tunnel walk never really brings it all together. Why not incorporate some of the old with some new ideas? I think whoever edits/produces them needs to step it up, we have seen much better.

Once again, the tunnel walk was pretty bland and the friggin cheerleaders didn't get to the Husker Power chant. Seriously, they're friggin fired. The only part of the tunnel walk that is really cool, is the helmet crushing a logo. The past few years have had some really cool ideas, but this years tunnel walk never really brings it all together. Why not incorporate some of the old with some new ideas? I think whoever edits/produces them needs to step it up, we have seen much better.

What exactly is wrong with it? I think it's brilliant, and not only that but I also think it's what the vast majority of people on this board have been calling for over the last few years.

I was there....early....and NO HUSKER POWER CHANT.

There was a section in the NW corner of stadium that tried to get it started in the third and fourth quarters but it died out, partly because that was where the wind was howling into the stadium. People were so darned cold all we could do was the old faithful GOOOOOOOOOOOOBIGGGGREDDDD!

That one DID get some traction. If we lose GBR, we lose our identity.

GREAT GAME>>>but do we have new cheerleading coaches that have new agendas'?

I have been at all of the games, and it seems like its more of a timing thing. I've noticed the cheerleaders take the Husker Power letters out on the field, and seem surprised by the Tunnel Walk starting before they have a chance to do it.

I think whoever is queing the tunnel walk is screwing up, because they have done the chant several times this year, but the last two games they have not. It seems to be an off and on thing, bad organization or something...

Hopefully they fix it, those traditions are my favorite part of the game in a lot of ways. But whatever, maybe the Colorado game

What exactly is wrong with it? I think it's brilliant, and not only that but I also think it's what the vast majority of people on this board have been calling for over the last few years.

It never really builds towards anything. Pump up videos are supposed to get you pumped up. This year's tunnel walk does not, IMO. It's better than the abomination of the troops being dropped into Memorial stadium from a plane like last year, but it still isn't all that great, IMO. Elements of the last couple years could be incorporated. The "I play for Nebraska" segments a couple years ago were pretty cool, IMO. A couple animated portions from last year's tunnel walk were cool(the players walking through the water fall, statue animating). I dunno, it's ok I guess, just not very impressive to me.

They better be doing it for the Colorado game or I'm going to be pissed! :angry:

Oh No can't have that!!!

Just kidding, I couldn't resist. I to was diappointed in that and said right awsy as everyone around me was also disappointed that they missed that. I was also in the NW stadium and I think that broke up the whole Husker Power chant was the dumbass starting fights with the people standing and cheering like crazy people. I for one loved it and was not cold at all well maybe for a little while I was, but how could you be cold during a game like that?

I loved the wizard of oz deal in the begining, the only thing I think they should showed was her saying were not kansas no more, but over all the loved it and the fly over was great..

I do see some of your points about how the tunnel walk as changed over the years.. I thought for awhile it was just cause of SP but so far things havent gone back to the old days maybe it will next year...