Tom notices empty seats

np_husker

dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

now, unless i read that wrong, TO said they haven't raised prices in 7-8 years, its something that we will evaluate... there was a GUARANTEE that ticket prices would not go up next year... i thought for the next 2 or 3 years, but maybe i misread that in his e-mail to the students also.. that right there would be an atrocity if he were to raise student ticket prices after guaranteeing they don't go up.. now, do i think $21 is cheap? yea, yea i do. very cheap. but its the fact that it was a guaranteed price that it sure as hell better not go up.

as for the "spoiled babies" comment. We can say the same thing about older people.. we can be rude and everything you can say... while the elderly are supposed to have our respect, aren't they also supposed to be old enough to "take the higher road?" I really see no reason to respect someone like that who will just sit and blast away at a generation simply because they were raised differently than you..

He said they haven't raised the price for the students in that timeframe. If that is how you read it then you read it correctly.

yea i read that, but i mean, did i read the "we will evaluate" them part as in meaning the ticket prices?

I think if they just put all of the students in one section, that would make everyone happier. The upperclassmen are closer to the field and the lowerclassmen get the higher up seats. I really do not understand why they are spread out all over the place. Imagine how loud it could get if the entire student section was in one area? They would drive the fans around them to cheer as well.

This seems like the easiest thing to do. I know the season ticket holders would get upset since they have been sitting there for years and years, but none of them complained about this move since they got put closer.

The students may be crybabies about this, but they are the ones who should be acting the craziest and getting everyone around them to get involved instead of sitting on their hands and yelling "down in front".

It will interesting to see if TO calls their bluff or if he makes another change. There will be no problem selling their tickets if he goes that route...

dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

now, unless i read that wrong, TO said they haven't raised prices in 7-8 years, its something that we will evaluate... there was a GUARANTEE that ticket prices would not go up next year... i thought for the next 2 or 3 years, but maybe i misread that in his e-mail to the students also.. that right there would be an atrocity if he were to raise student ticket prices after guaranteeing they don't go up.. now, do i think $21 is cheap? yea, yea i do. very cheap. but its the fact that it was a guaranteed price that it sure as hell better not go up.

as for the "spoiled babies" comment. We can say the same thing about older people.. we can be rude and everything you can say... while the elderly are supposed to have our respect, aren't they also supposed to be old enough to "take the higher road?" I really see no reason to respect someone like that who will just sit and blast away at a generation simply because they were raised differently than you..

He said they haven't raised the price for the students in that timeframe. If that is how you read it then you read it correctly.

yea i read that, but i mean, did i read the "we will evaluate" them part as in meaning the ticket prices?

I read the "we will evaluate" as if the students don't show up then we might take their tickets and sell them to the long, long list of people wanting season tickets...

1. Move the students back to the front row. The team is a college team and it is ridiculous to move the students so far away. They are integral to the purpose and spirit of the game.

2. As far as ticket prices, how much do they pay in tuition these days? How much money do most of them have? I don't think veiled threats to increase prices and take away seats is the proper response.

3. Perhaps some students moved into seats vacated by the older fans. Who is to say it was students who left?

I say keep the students split in two groups. However I say move both sections. First X amount of rows in south stadium, first X amount of rows in the North Stadium.

It's an atrocity how our Students are treated(keep in mind, I am not nor never will be a Student at UNL) you watch college football all across the country and see how other stadiums are set up and ours is a complete joke. Student sections should start at the VERY first row. Hell maybe if the students were up in front in both North and South endzones maybe both endzones would have to STAND and CHEER all game and Memorial would be ROCKIN again on a consistent basis.

1. Move the students back to the front row. The team is a college team and it is ridiculous to move the students so far away. They are integral to the purpose and spirit of the game.

2. As far as ticket prices, how much do they pay in tuition these days? How much money do most of them have? I don't think veiled threats to increase prices and take away seats is the proper response.

3. Perhaps some students moved into seats vacated by the older fans. Who is to say it was students who left?

Excellent point.

I was sitting in the South Stadium in between the posts about 70 rows up and lets just say, I wasn't rubbing shoulders and I had plenty of room to stretch after before and especially after half time during the Baylor Game...... If people weren't staying when it was 70 degrees outside (not students) whats to say those same people stayed during the Kansas game, and that the students simply moved down.

the young kids can more readily climb a long line of stairs......leave them in the back where they can hoot and holler and not block the view of the older fans.......if they don't want to come, then cut their ticket allocation......spoiled babies.......we were thrilled just to get a seat way back when.......

Stuff like this is why there is a problem between the students and administration.

this is ridiculous. i hope this was students protesting. they are there 4 years of their life and you know that they are going to be louder then the people who would fill their seat. give them front to back of the section. honestly...i think they are using this "season tix holders to the front excuse" because someone is to lazy to reevaluate the situation and move the season ticket holders.they can move them to the other parts of the south stadium...there isnt a bad seat there. your at the greatest place in the nation to watch a college football game. and if your going to complain then by golly cough up you ticket.

Excellent point.

I was sitting in the South Stadium in between the posts about 70 rows up and lets just say, I wasn't rubbing shoulders and I had plenty of room to stretch after before and especially after half time during the Baylor Game...... If people weren't staying when it was 70 degrees outside (not students) whats to say those same people stayed during the Kansas game, and that the students simply moved down.

i think you guys could be right! never much cared for people who complain louder than they will cheer... :madash

Excellent point.

i think you guys could be right! never much cared for people who complain louder than they will cheer... :madash

:rollin

This is one of the few times when I can use the dumb internet phrase LOL and mean it.

The other thread being one of the other few times. :)

Excellent point.

Yeah..I was surprised option #3 wasn't addressed in the original article.

To the fans still making it to the games:

Is it still easy to move to a better seat after halftime?

Also..to the students:

How tough is it to sell your tickets?

Do they still make the ticket holder show student ID?

...Not that I plan on flying back for a game (call me) or anything.