What are the chances......

caveman99

Awkward!!! :o

Solich would not try to come back. He would fade into retirement or try for another HC position.

the man is what? 62?

i suspect that ohio is his last coaching job. and as far as ohio be the bottom of their division, the MAC is pretty freakin' competitive now. just look at ball state.

Comical.

Like anyone would leave a HC job to become an assistant again. Nevermind Frank and the conditions under which he left.

He was asking thoughts if he got fired from Ohio would he come back. That's a little more plausible.

but not that much.

• 3 months later...

So maybe I wasn't that far off after all?

LJS Article on Frank Solich

Solich told me this week there are “100 reasons I wanted to speak at the clinic,” but had to turn down the offer because his Ohio University squad will be in the midst of spring drills.

That Solich is eager to return to Nebraska indicates time is healing deep and ugly wounds from his 2003 firing. He still hasn’t visited the NU campus since his ouster. More on that in a minute.

Solich’s contract at Ohio expires in 2013. What then?

“Would I be able to get back in as a running backs coach somewhere?” he asked. “I think I’d enjoy that. There are times you wonder about everything that goes on as a head coach, and the headaches you have virtually every day. Sometimes guys just want to coach football.

"As old as I am, there will probably be a day when I just want to do that also."

So maybe I wasn't that far off after all?

LJS Article on Frank Solich

Solich told me this week there are “100 reasons I wanted to speak at the clinic,” but had to turn down the offer because his Ohio University squad will be in the midst of spring drills.

That Solich is eager to return to Nebraska indicates time is healing deep and ugly wounds from his 2003 firing. He still hasn’t visited the NU campus since his ouster. More on that in a minute.

Solich’s contract at Ohio expires in 2013. What then?

“Would I be able to get back in as a running backs coach somewhere?” he asked. “I think I’d enjoy that. There are times you wonder about everything that goes on as a head coach, and the headaches you have virtually every day. Sometimes guys just want to coach football.

"As old as I am, there will probably be a day when I just want to do that also."

We'll see about that, 2013 is 4 years away. 4 years ago Bo was badmouthing Nebraska and Phil Dillard. Lots can change, obviously.

His contract is up in 2013 that would make him what almost 70. Would we really want a position coach on staff that old? Unless he gets the boot before his contract expires I don’t see this ever happening. A return to the athletic department would be alright but there is really no need to bring in a guy that old if you ask me. Although Bo loves on Got Frank a lot so who knows he could bring him in so he could retire a Husker like they do old timers in the NFL.

We'll see about that, 2013 is 4 years away. 4 years ago Bo was badmouthing Nebraska and Phil Dillard. Lots can change, obviously.

What is this about bad mouthing Dillard??? I don't recall anything like that, or Bo to NU really. Even though several people seem to think otherwise. Was he unhappy about getting canned, hell yeah! And rightfuly so. But he said MANY times how much he respected the univ. Which is far from badmouthing it. Just the tard of an AD we had. Not the same thing in my eyes.