What are the chances......

caveman99

Lately all anyone seems to have to talk about is one of three topics: the students not showing up at games, Cody Glenn's suspension, or what bowl game NU might go two (despite the fact that two games are still in doubt). As Husker Trucker stated in one of the "the students suck for not showing up" threads, "If this board is so hard up now for topics to talk about, just imagine what it is going to be come March....duh!!" Well HT I completely agree! So I thought I might start a new, completely random thread.

In reading the thread Bennychico11 started with a KC Star article about how NU fans can feel proud again, one quote from Bo made be think about whether or not Frank Solich might return in a few years to NU. Here is the quote and link to the post:

“To be honest, I never would have thought when I left here in 2003 that I’d be back working here,” Pelini said. “I didn’t feel like the job should have been open in the first place. But it happened, and I was ready to move on. You can only control in this life what you can control. It’s funny how things work out.”

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=378550

Point being is that I think it has been well publized how much respect Bo has for Frank. He has said repeatibly that he thought Frank got a raw deal. He mentioned before the season that he doesn't think many people realize just how much of a contribution Frank made to NU. This all leads me to ask what are the chances Bo brings Frank back to NU as a part of his staff?

It is true Frank has a gig at Ohio U and has had some good success there, but he is only 2-8 this year. Just for hypothetical thinking, let's say his record doesn't get better the next 2-3 years and loses his job. Maybe he does get better but gets weary of being a HC, he is 64 or 65 years old after all, but still wants to remain involved in coaching. Either way Frank is no longer the HC at Ohio after 3 years.

The current staff at NU has several players that could be gone by then, mostly due to being hot commodities, and I would guess Watson is one of them. Bottom line is that openings may be available at that time.

The other factor to consider is that Frank is an EXCELLENT RB's coach and, no matter what anyone else will say, a good offensive mind. He could continue to be that bridge to the past after TO retires again.

If all of this happens, what are the chances Bo looks to bring Frank Solich as a RB/Asst. HC? What would be your feelings if this happened?

Awkward!!! :o

Solich would not try to come back. He would fade into retirement or try for another HC position.

No one thinks that Frank might want to come back and contribute to the institution he loves? He has a lot of respect for Bo. While the events that I mentioned would take a perfect storm to occur, if they did I don't find this as far fetched as you all seem to make it out to be. I think Frank would consider this, maybe TO would ask him as a stepping stone to AD.

Awkward!!! :o

Solich would not try to come back. He would fade into retirement or try for another HC position.

No one thinks that Frank might want to come back and contribute to the institution he loves? He has a lot of respect for Bo. While the events that I mentioned would take a perfect storm to occur, if they did I don't find this as far fetched as you all seem to make it out to be. I think Frank would consider this, maybe TO would ask him as a stepping stone to AD.

Depending on how long TO stays around, I could see Frank coming back in some advisory type role for Bo; especially since he respects him so much. As far as a coach on the staff, eh, i doubt it. As AD, no way.

If Frank came back to NU, it would be in an administrative-fund raising type of gig; much like how Switzer operates at OU.

Now way he sees another coach's meeting at NU.

Frank's disappointing year at Ohio is wearing out his welcome in Athens. Next year, his seat will be much warmer; then blazing if he doesn't go over .500 and finish at least 2nd in his division.