I actually like our offense

honestly? i like nebraska offense right now. it's shifty, sneaky and will eat you alive if you give it half a chance.

of all the things that pelini did this year, one of the best things he did was keep watson. yah, it was slow going at the beginning but when watson figured out what side of bread got buttered, nebraska got dangerous.

if nebraska gets a punishing fullback in the near future and the blackshirt reclamation process continues apace, the huskers could *very well* be contenders for the north next year.

:yeah

Where are the fullbacks? I understand them being out of the picture on the spread plays, but for the power game they seem to be absent. :dunno

:sarcasm

What about Suh? He makes one hell of a fullback. ;)

:sarcasm Hate to see him in the open field though...might need to life flight him out after a 90 yard romp.

Is he still 300+ lbs?? He looks pretty lean and mean.

IMO, I think that Coach Watson has the Offense playing very well. He can't control the turnovers, but I really like his play calling the second half of the season. Listening to the post game call-in show last night on the way home from Manhatten, people were excited about our TEs getting into the action the last 2-3 weeks....they gave credit to Ron Brown for the emergence of the TE..... I agree and disagree....Ron Brown is a great coach and a better person, but I give Watson the credit for getting the TE involved.

If you remember Graham and Kloppenstein (sp) killed us at TE when they were at CU and Watson calling Offense. He likes to use his TE... the reason why they disappeared the last few years is because BC was calling the plays. Now that Watson is calling , we are much more balanced....not only run-pass, but to whom we pass to....WR-RB-TE

This staff will bring NU back to prominance.

:sarcasm Gee..wasn't even 4 weeks ago and people were calling for Watson's head...I think time will prove that we have the right coaches...all of them. I just hope that they add someone to work with special teams more.

:yeah Our special teams has seemed pretty special-ed at times this year. This is an area that really needs some effort put into it. Other than that I've enjoyed watching our offense and I see good things to come for the 'Skers.

Have there been alot of complaints about the offense since the Missouri game? It has been noted that it wasn't until the second half of the Missouri game that the light bulb went on above Watson and he realized which direction to take the offense. He learned and adapted and the offense has been on a roll ever since. Keep the turnovers and penalties down and it can be really potent.

Oh hell yeah.

This offense is fun to watch.

Watson has been calling great games.

And while I will always take winning over losing, if I can choose as a spectator I'd rather see 300 yards passing and 200 yards rushing, than 427 yards rushing and 63 yards passing.

I would also like to see longer, slower pans of the cheerleaders.

Well, its the off week so plenty of time to chew the fat. For me that fat is all this talk about us having an awful offense. I have to disagree. Our offense is effective and gets the job done. People are really upset that we are a "finesse" team. Its probably true, and we probably are a little too finess. I don't think anyone is arguing that it would be a bad thing to get some power running backs that can really shove it down some throats.

That said though, we are doing everything that a good team needs to do on offense. We score TONS of points, even more than in the glory years really. Also we are number 2 in the nation in time of possession which is a huge deal when playing against teams like Texas Tech. We did let the missouri game get out of hand, but I think we have matured alot since then. Even the OU game IMHO would have been somewhat close if our morale hadn't been destroyed by some very unlucky events.

Anyway, I just wanted to stand up and say, even if I'm the only one, I like our offense, think the guys are doing a hell of a good job, and if being a fitness team means controlling the clock and score board the way we do...I love it.

Oh...and I hope we post a solid 70 points on sCUm

:restore

My biggest beef with the offesne was earlier in the season when we totally abandoned the running game. This hasn't been much of an issue lately as we rushed for a boatload of yards Saturday. I thought for us to win this year we had to do 3 things: 1) win the time of possession battle. We're doing that as we are #2 in the nation. 2) win the turnover battle. We're losing this one. I can't remember how negative the number is, but we're definitely losing this one. 3) few/no penalties. We're getting better. We've drastically cut down on mental errors both offesensively and defensively.

I don't know about anyone else, but I had this sick feeling in my stomach when Ganz threw that INT for a TD Saturday. The memory of the OU game was haunting me. It's pretty difficult to knock the offense when it has had 500+ yards 4 out of the last 5 games. If it weren't for the offense, we'd have gotten obliterated by TT.

Agreed. Helu has clearly separated himself from the pack; he's just a very good back in every respect.

Helu has seperated himself from the pack as far as the ability to tote the rock goes and that is it. In this offense a back also has to be sound in the passing game, both catching passes and blocking. I said this in other threads and I will say it again, Helu cannot hold Lucky's jock when it comes to the passing game. Lucky is a stud in the passing game. Helu misses blocks a lot, and he even admits he must get better at this. You cannot under estimate Lucky's contributions in this regard.

Agreed. Helu has clearly separated himself from the pack; he's just a very good back in every respect.

Helu has seperated himself from the pack as far as the ability to tote the rock goes and that is it. In this offense a back also has to be sound in the passing game, both catching passes and blocking. I said this in other threads and I will say it again, Helu cannot hold Lucky's jock when it comes to the passing game. Lucky is a stud in the passing game. Helu misses blocks a lot, and he even admits he must get better at this. You cannot under estimate Lucky's contributions in this regard.

Yeah, but Helu is making such a difference as a runner he's not needed as much as a rcvr, though I think he caught a few passes on Sat. He's young, he'll get better at the blocking. Lucky is a great receiver but we don't really need another rcvr as much as we need to have someone running like Helu is.