I actually like our offense

Well, its the off week so plenty of time to chew the fat. For me that fat is all this talk about us having an awful offense. I have to disagree. Our offense is effective and gets the job done. People are really upset that we are a "finesse" team. Its probably true, and we probably are a little too finess. I don't think anyone is arguing that it would be a bad thing to get some power running backs that can really shove it down some throats.

That said though, we are doing everything that a good team needs to do on offense. We score TONS of points, even more than in the glory years really. Also we are number 2 in the nation in time of possession which is a huge deal when playing against teams like Texas Tech. We did let the missouri game get out of hand, but I think we have matured alot since then. Even the OU game IMHO would have been somewhat close if our morale hadn't been destroyed by some very unlucky events.

Anyway, I just wanted to stand up and say, even if I'm the only one, I like our offense, think the guys are doing a hell of a good job, and if being a fitness team means controlling the clock and score board the way we do...I love it.

Oh...and I hope we post a solid 70 points on sCUm

:restore

Well, its the off week so plenty of time to chew the fat. For me that fat is all this talk about us having an awful offense. I have to disagree. Our offense is effective and gets the job done. People are really upset that we are a "finesse" team. Its probably true, and we probably are a little too finess. I don't think anyone is arguing that it would be a bad thing to get some power running backs that can really shove it down some throats.

That said though, we are doing everything that a good team needs to do on offense. We score TONS of points, even more than in the glory years really. Also we are number 2 in the nation in time of possession which is a huge deal when playing against teams like Texas Tech. We did let the missouri game get out of hand, but I think we have matured alot since then. Even the OU game IMHO would have been somewhat close if our morale hadn't been destroyed by some very unlucky events.

Anyway, I just wanted to stand up and say, even if I'm the only one, I like our offense, think the guys are doing a hell of a good job, and if being a fitness team means controlling the clock and score board the way we do...I love it.

Oh...and I hope we post a solid 70 points on sCUm

:restore

I totally disagree with you on that one. We scored 17 points against Missouri (10 really, the last second TD didnt really matter). The '97 Huskers would've lit up that defense.

Lets see what this offense did against Missou this and last year, Oklahoma St, Oklahoma and every good team in the top 25 the last few years. Lets see this offense beat a team in the top 25 before anointing it as good as teams in the past.

Though it was nice seeing Ganz actually run with the ball this week instead of just handing off all the time.

Lets see what this offense did against Missou this and last year, Oklahoma St, Oklahoma and every good team in the top 25 the last few years. Lets see this offense beat a team in the top 25 before anointing it as good as teams in the past.

Though it was nice seeing Ganz actually run with the ball this week instead of just handing off all the time.

If our defense had played consitently this year, you might have the offense beating those top 25 teams. I think the offense has played up to expectations (mine) and I like what we've done this year with the players we have.

The only thing I don't like is some of the turnovers. It don't do a lot of good to possess the ball for a few minutes just to turn it over. Other than that, I think it is doing the job. Ganz is the heart of the offense, when he is on, it goes. We are going to miss him next year.

IMO, I think that Coach Watson has the Offense playing very well. He can't control the turnovers, but I really like his play calling the second half of the season. Listening to the post game call-in show last night on the way home from Manhatten, people were excited about our TEs getting into the action the last 2-3 weeks....they gave credit to Ron Brown for the emergence of the TE..... I agree and disagree....Ron Brown is a great coach and a better person, but I give Watson the credit for getting the TE involved.

If you remember Graham and Kloppenstein (sp) killed us at TE when they were at CU and Watson calling Offense. He likes to use his TE... the reason why they disappeared the last few years is because BC was calling the plays. Now that Watson is calling , we are much more balanced....not only run-pass, but to whom we pass to....WR-RB-TE

This staff will bring NU back to prominance.

IMO, I think that Coach Watson has the Offense playing very well. He can't control the turnovers, but I really like his play calling the second half of the season. Listening to the post game call-in show last night on the way home from Manhatten, people were excited about our TEs getting into the action the last 2-3 weeks....they gave credit to Ron Brown for the emergence of the TE..... I agree and disagree....Ron Brown is a great coach and a better person, but I give Watson the credit for getting the TE involved.

If you remember Graham and Kloppenstein (sp) killed us at TE when they were at CU and Watson calling Offense. He likes to use his TE... the reason why they disappeared the last few years is because BC was calling the plays. Now that Watson is calling , we are much more balanced....not only run-pass, but to whom we pass to....WR-RB-TE

This staff will bring NU back to prominance.

Nicely put :woo