Sun Bowl

I think our employers are going to be a little suspicious when half of the state of Nebraska nation calls in that day. Most likely they will just expect it to happen.

Fixed it for ya...

I was just about to say "don't forget about the guys in TX taking off also" ;):cheers

While I hope that the Huskers end up going to the Gator or Alamo bowls, I am a little disappointed that the Sun Bowl seems to be the frontrunner. Not so much that it's a lower tier bowl, but that it's at noon on a Wednesday that I am assuming most people have to work on. Unfortunately, commerce will not stop for a football game, even here in Lincoln. Unless you DVR the game, the only audience that this game will reach will be people watching Sportcenter for the highlights of the game. I don't think this bowl helps Nebraska much as far as national exposure.

Yeah, I don't like the Sun Bowl for the same reason. I really hope my office closes early that day!!

I don't like the Sun bowl because they are having the village people perform at halftime. Seiously!! The village people!!?? ugh......

On the other hand, a big win over CU would get us a good look at the Alamo Bowl.

Like the band in"This is Spinal Tap" being the opening act for a puppet show . ...that just makes my skin crawl...

but that it's at noon on a Wednesday

That's noon mountain time, or 2pm eastern, 1pm central. So for people who only work 1/2 day on the eastern half of the US, you should be able to get home in time for it. But yeah, it's not the greatest time slot, though it's better than the evening of the 31st.

My company (not in Neb) shuts down that week and declared mandatory vacation. Maybe they knew the Husker game might be one of those days! :lol:

I was going to say that there's usually a logjam of games early in the afternoon on New Year's, but they've moved the Cotton Bowl to the 2nd, and maybe another bowl?