Next Season

#1 We don't even know who our QB is going to be for sure...and whoever it is will have a hard time following Joe, so don't expect the same numbers. We are also losing Swift, who has been a huge part of our success also on offense.

Think it is premature to be thinking about winning the North next year, lets finish this year and see what we look like in the spring and go from there.

2009-nu

Florida Atlantic - WIN cupcake

Arkansas State - WIN cupcake

at Vtech - LOSS

Louisiana Layette - WIN cupcake

at Missouri - LOSS- haven't even had a close game with them lately

Texas Tech - LOSS

Iowa State -WIN cupcake

at Baylor - WIN

Oklahoma - LOSS

at Kansas - LOSS

Kansas State -WIN cupcake

at Colorado - WIN

7-5

Mizzou wins the north. OU wins the south.

opinions vary

2009-nu

at Vtech - LOSS

Texas Tech - LOSS

Iowa State -WIN cupcake

at Baylor - WIN

Oklahoma - LOSS

at Kansas - LOSS

at Colorado - WIN

7-5

opinions vary

This looks much more realistic to me. I even think we will be a better team next year and could potentially have a worse record.

I do think that VaTech is similar to us in that how the young players develop will determine a lot. That game may be winnable.

MO and Tech will also be something to watch as they graduate some very key players. I wouldn't be surprised if we won these but reality says it will be tough.

Kansas returns a ton of people and have to be pissed at how this year has turned out. They will have something to prove.

Don't sleep on CU. They are a joke right now but if their O-line doesn't get hurt this year could've been different for them. And then again they could suck again- hard to tell.

Lots of close road games in that schedule. May be games we'd win at home.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Watson have an offense designed for his new QB and RB/ WR's earlier in the year. I also wouldn't be surprised if our D took a serious step forward so...maybe we kick a$$ next year.

2009-nu

at Vtech - LOSS

Texas Tech - LOSS

Iowa State -WIN cupcake

at Baylor - WIN

Oklahoma - LOSS

at Kansas - LOSS

at Colorado - WIN

7-5

opinions vary

I think we get 8 wins absolute minimum. We will beat KU next year. I said it this year and it will apply 4 next year: BANK ON IT! :box

I didn't know this season was over yet?? Glad we have about oh lets see 11 more months till next year <_< That is what the off season is for :angry: But next year will depend on who is the QB and i will put money that it won't be that Green kid, he hasn't even signed yet, and we know what happens to touted recruits who verbally commit don't we :cop: and don't foget some of this :koolaid2:

There's so many bad opinions in this thread, I don't even know where to start!

All I will say is that VT should not have beat us this season, and we will be markedly better next season, soooooo mark down a W there!

It is incredibly sad to see the same doom and gloom predictions again. Ecspecialy since we haven't even finished THIS season yet! Do the wheels some how fall off during the off season or what? You don't think this D will be lightyears ahead of where we started this season? Or where we are now for that matter!

As for the worry that losing Ganz and Swift will just ruin this offense, lots of us thought the same after Taylor left, then again after Purify last season. Oh we of little faith!

This team has now found it's identity, and will only improve over the spring, and by this time next year many of you could be eating crow! AGAIN!!!

So to answer the question, YES, I think we have a really good shoot at the north next year. Upwards and onward boys!!!

2009-nu

at Vtech - LOSS

Texas Tech - LOSS

Iowa State -WIN cupcake

at Baylor - WIN

Oklahoma - LOSS

at Kansas - LOSS

at Colorado - WIN

7-5

opinions vary

Does 2 years ago count as "lately". 'Cause we beat them.

And it was West who had coverage on KSU's long pass. If was good he'd have picked it off. I still can't figure out why everyone thinks that was such a great pass. West should've stepped in front of the WR and he'd have had it.

2009-nu

at Vtech - LOSS

Texas Tech - LOSS

Iowa State -WIN cupcake

at Baylor - WIN

Oklahoma - LOSS

at Kansas - LOSS

at Colorado - WIN

7-5

opinions vary

And son of a b!tch, why does everyone keep thinking we'll lose to Kansas? Everyone thought they'd beat us this year and it really wasn't that close - we should have won by 3-4 TDs. They were never that good - even last year (we were just that bad). And we should keep on improving into next year. I don't even think that one will be close...

2009-nu

at Vtech - LOSS

Texas Tech - LOSS

Iowa State -WIN cupcake

at Baylor - WIN

Oklahoma - LOSS

at Kansas - LOSS

at Colorado - WIN

7-5

opinions vary

And son of a b!tch, why does everyone keep thinking we'll lose to Kansas? Everyone thought they'd beat us this year and it really wasn't that close - we should have won by 3-4 TDs. They were never that good - even last year (we were just that bad). And we should keep on improving into next year. I don't even think that one will be close...

Guess you haven't been reading my posts..... :cry

Florida Atlantic - WIN

Arkansas State - WIN

at Vtech - LOSS

Louisiana Layette - WIN

at Missouri - WIN

Texas Tech - WIN

Iowa State -WIN

at Baylor - WIN

Oklahoma - LOSS

at Kansas - WIN

Kansas State -WIN

at Colorado - WIN

10-2(7-1).

Big 12 North champs

I'd love that, but I don't think it will happen.

Offense :

-Who'll be our quarterback? A true freshman or a first year starter who didn't even play a lot in the 2008 season? Doesn't sound like a awesome thing to talk about for 2009. The quarterback position will hurt us a lot.

-Running Backs: We'll be better then this year hopefully. Helu should improve, and with the other good back ups, we'll have a great and fresh running gain. ( Our offensive line looks to be fine next year )

- Wide receivers/tight ends: Wide Receiver Core will be good, but not as good as this year. We have some big play ability with Paul. Our tight ends core will be a lot better though. This can lead to easy good yardage passing.

Overall we'll have a decent offense. Hopefully we can make the first few games easier for the the quarterback to manage, so he gain confidence and get use to the offense.

Defense:

I think we'll be great, it'll help us a lot if Crabtree, Maclin, and Bradford go to the NFL Draft. Even if they don't, we'll still be good. Experience on the secondary, and Suh should return! Another year with Pelini will help a lot. - One of the top defenses in the Big 12 next year. :clap

Special teams:

Wonderful!! :woo We got Niles Paul as a returner, and a great field goal kicker in Alex Henry.

He's a sophomore, right?

Overall:

Florida Atlantic - Win easily.

Arkansas State - Win easily

Virginia Tech - I'd say we have a low chance of winning? It's tough to play at the stadium, they got a good defense, first big game of the new quarterback for us, and they have a young team this year...

Louisiana-Lafayette - Win easily.

Missouri - Probably win. They are loosing a lot of their starters. It'll be tough though at their stadium.

Texas Tech - Depends. If Cabtree goes to the draft and if Leach leaves, I think we should win that in a close game since it's at home. If those two don't leave, it'll be a unbelievably tough game to pick.

Iowa State - Win easily.

Baylor - Won't be a cupcake, but I think we should pull it out in a semi-tough game.

Oklahoma - I think we can surprise them. A lot depends if they lose their offensive coordinator, but more importantly if Bradford goes to the Draft. We'll probably lose, but it should be a great game. (It's at our house, and we should gain confidence from the previous games. )

Kansas - Eh, another tough game to pick. It's at their house, they've got experience, and that Reesing will return. This is a tough game to pick like the Texas Texas Tech game I previously mentioned.

Kansas State- Win easily.

Colorado - Semi-tough game. They've got a lot of young players this year, and it's at the home of the criminals. Our quarterback might lose his eyesight from the lasers. Lol <_<

Predicted Record before [if] conference championship, and bowl game: 9-3. Probable Losses: Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, and either Kansas/Texas Tech.

Then again, I'm just predicting. We should be focusing our attention on this season. Feel free to comment.

2009-nu

at Vtech - LOSS

Texas Tech - LOSS

Iowa State -WIN cupcake

at Baylor - WIN

Oklahoma - LOSS

at Kansas - LOSS

at Colorado - WIN

7-5

opinions vary

You're as crazy as ZeBop. Fans like you two that drink WAY too much kool-aid are the reason Nebraska fans have a stereotype of being a delusional fanbase. Kansas did beat some good teams last year. Virginia Tech was ranked 3rd in the BCS before they lost to KU in the Orange Bowl. <_<