Memorial Stadium

Remember there was this HUGE argument on here because the University announced they will be setting up club seats on the East side this off season and all those people in the balcony got relocated.

As far as the south end. I dont forsee anything ever happening there because the computer science building is now there and i dont know how they could work around that.

Remember there was this HUGE argument on here because the University announced they will be setting up club seats on the East side this off season and all those people in the balcony got relocated.

As far as the south end. I dont forsee anything ever happening there because the computer science building is now there and i dont know how they could work around that.

I immediately went searching for the scene from Revenge of the Nerds where the jock frat kicks the Nerds out of the freshman dorm, but came up empty.

honestly, if the market is there for it we should find a way to add, seats skyboxes w/e. But I really really really felt like the first skybox addition ruined the aesthetic of the stadium. from the outside the East side is just so much cooler looking than the west side, the new stuff looks like cheap imitation memorial stadium, although I think the north looks good, esp. with all the brick

East stadium has two problems. First the ground as well as the existing east structure isn't strong enough to support the weight of skyboxes meaning the east structure would have to be demolished and the footings would have to be strengthened. That leads to the second problem. The East structure is a protected site as a state historical site and thus cannot be torn down and rebuilt.

It would probably be a good idea to pay off the north stadium improvements first.

Dave knows from his sources, and from a meeting I attended this fall, that the U is going to wait to make sure our present expansions are paid off before embarking on another major project. Especially in light of this economy.

KU and OSU are on pins and needles now with their major donors. Tom Cavisto and T Boone Pickens come to mind. I hope that our major donors are insulated from the rigors of this market and we'll be fine.

It would probably be a good idea to pay off the north stadium improvements first.

Dave knows from his sources, and from a meeting I attended this fall, that the U is going to wait to make sure our present expansions are paid off before embarking on another major project. Especially in light of this economy.

KU and OSU are on pins and needles now with their major donors. Tom Cavisto and T Boone Pickens come to mind. I hope that our major donors are insulated from the rigors of this market and we'll be fine.

No one is insulated from the market.

No one is insulated from the market.

Oklahoma's Chesapeake Energy guy has it even worse. He got played Randolph and Mortimer Duke style. Stock tanked so he had to sell all his holdings to meet his margin calls which lowered the stock price even further. (FYI CHK is super cheap right now.)