Hawkins: message board posters are "scum of society"

fyi that statement is a week old and taken out of context. He was stating that he thinks internet boards should not be taken seriously by anyone especially by potential recruits and current team members (much like we all think here). He wasn't being evil in any way. As a matter of fact he praised NU for the way they have been playing and what Coach Bo has done. Coach Hawkins downplays this game in much the same way MacCartney built it up

This is how I see it from my point a view, his son was red shirted his frosh year and the CU brass/backers/expectations are allocating him 5 years minimum (after Hawkins throwing the baby out with the bath water approach-smart move). Look at it this way, after those 5 years his son will have graduated by then, a senior, earning close to the equivalent of $125,000 of education/possible degree at Boulder while the dad/Hawkins will get paid close to $6 million after 5 years. You could rant and belittle me, my family, friends whoever on message boards if I had a scenario like this with these expectations. If I was a new HC at a school, I definitely go the Hawkins route. Start off with a 2-10 season and there's no way to go but up. Even next year if CU finally gets to 7-5 and a winning season/bowl, things look peachy and you've weathered the storm enough for the next year. Great deal Hawkins set up.