Way to Get Crowd Loud

C N Red

A Good "HUSKER" "POWER" Chant seems to get the crowd pretty loud......urgh...remember when they changed it to "HUSKER" "NATION".........that was awful...

But in my own experiences....... nothing gets a crowd more pumped than a fumble/interception taken back for six baby!

Usually followed by why the hell did Ganz throw that comment. <_< Maybe thats just me. chuckleshuffle

best reply ever

Why do you need to stand to Yell?

If they can't see, be respectful and sit down. And go ahead and yell your head off. Age doesn't matter. It could be a 9 year old kid that stands 4 feet tall. He could stand all game and still never see a single play.

Fans Standing doesn't intimidate players....especially D-I Athletes. Being loud can disrupt communications.

If they can't see, be respectful and sit down. And go ahead and yell your head off. Age doesn't matter. It could be a 9 year old kid that stands 4 feet tall. He could stand all game and still never see a single play.

Fans Standing doesn't intimidate players....especially D-I Athletes. Being loud can disrupt communications.

Before clownahan I don't remember a game when we sat down and I'm glad we are actually standing again. That is part of getting into the game and if you don't want to stand up, watch the game from your couch

The old blue hairs, as some like to call them, did their yelling and stomping through the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. Could be lungs and throat may be worn out and knees a little stiff, but they were and still are the backbone of this program and help keep the sell out streak alive that they started. Give them credit for climbing those stairs to their seats :) . When I went to the USC game with my buddy, I forgot how steep those stairs are, till I had to climb them. :lol:

GBR!!!

Before clownahan I don't remember a game when we sat down and I'm glad we are actually standing again. That is part of getting into the game and if you don't want to stand up, watch the game from your couch

So blocking the view of some Kid or Elderly person is OK, because you need to stand to get in to the game?

They paid for a seat. Seats are made to sit in. Why don't you stand in front of your TV rather than be disrespectful to those who can't stand?

In the 80's, there wasn't a standing situation

Because you're bringing it from your diaphragm. Standing helps make it louder.

Fans should never have to be challenged by a coach or AD to make noise. I understand there was nothing to cheer about the last four years but for the good of all things Husker those pathetic days are over. If you don't want to cheer give your tickets to people that understand and appreciate the game and know how to show it.

With over 88,000 people in the stands at Memorial Stadium, NU should have one of the loudest crowds in all of football. As it stands, NU's 88,000 are no louder than Colorado's 53,000, KSU's 52,000, or ISU's 55,000.

I am 39 , who has been to almost every home game since college and I friggin stand as much as possible in South stadium, but also try to be very respectful of the elderly, women, children behind me.. I have an 8 yr old son who loves football, and I do feel sorry for him in situations where he can't see. We try to "jockey" around for him to see...so I try to be respectful of any enthusiastic child behind me.... I also know that someday, I will be unable to stand the entire game and yell my a$$ off like some of the elderly, and I hope that when that day arrives, I will still be able to go to the game, drink, and show my support, without disrespectful people around me... Of course, I will have to have hip replacement for me not to stand.

Our sections does a good job of standing and yelling when it really counts..... any play on the south side of the field.... or any 3rd down situation....

* also, I hate to bring it back up, but for the person who mentioned (paraphrase) "kick out the gray hairs and give the tickets to younger fans....... I'm pretty sure that all the "gray-hairs" were in their seat at KU and the "younger" crowd was were you saw empty bleachers...... the younger crowd may not have the dedication as the "gray-hairs".....be careful for what you wish for.

So blocking the view of some Kid or Elderly person is OK, because you need to stand to get in to the game?

They paid for a seat. Seats are made to sit in. Why don't you stand in front of your TV rather than be disrespectful to those who can't stand?

Yes there was, there was no message boards back then to complain about it, other then the in the stands comment section of the Omaha World Herald. Quite a few times, I've heard the comment sit down by some blue hair back then.

Yes there was, there was no message boards back then to complain about it, other then the in the stands comment section of the Omaha World Herald. Quite a few times, I've heard the comment sit down by some blue hair back then.

None stood where I sat in the 80's and that includes Games like the #1 vs #2 Oklahoma Game of the Century II. I was in the south end zone for that one. In the Student section, yes there was standing.

It's been awhile, but I don't remember ever sitting at a game that NU was involved in...Not even out here at Sun Devil Stadium during the 19-nuthin' game the local newspapers still talk about.

I wonder how many tickets we could sell if they took out all the seats.

Or maybe just the upper two-thirds of the stadium..That way, the people that need to sit won't have anyone to look over and the yellers can sound 23% louder by standing while they yell.

We could fit over 100K in.

here's the deal... If you want to go to a game be prepared to yell, stand, curse (or hear a few words of choice) and respect who is around you. If a kid is in ear-shot of me, (or a man of faith) I'll keep the f-bombs downs to a low level- but if you're unable to stand for 3-4 hours I'd suggest that you stay home or just not yell at the people who are into the game and want to stand up and yell to support the team.

I'm getting old enough to know that if and when I can not stand up for 4 hours I need to stay home- I'd never think about going to a game and then start bitching about people who did.

It's a football game, not a funeral.

rant over- if you don't agree with me, continue sucking off your dog

I do try and respect those around me. I will sit much of the game because alot of people behind will get pissed. However, I have no problem if someone wants to stand. They paid for their seat AND that little area in front of them where their legs and feet go. I know one poster above said they paid for their seats and seats are for sitting in. Your right, seats are for sitting, but the concrete below your feet is for standing!! So if one person want to use their area to sit, fine, but if another wants to use their area to stand, IT'S THEIR RIGHT!!!

If I was only 4 foot tall and their was a guy SITTING in front of me that was 6'5", should I ask him to crouch or cut of his upper body just so I can see? Some things just can't be helped, and I do feel if someone sits or stands in their seat area, that is their choice. If you are not ready to sit or stand depending on what the person in front of you is doing, then you might want to rethink your decision about coming to a game.

Disclaimer: I do not condone people who stand ON the seats!