This game is an instant ESPN Classic

This game ranks up there with the Missery TD catch, the Aggies game and the 94 Orange Bowl (I am still looking for that clip call). I am just glad that I got to see each one of them the first time around. God I love college football! :clap

I didn't think it was a classic at all. It was a lucky win. It turned out to be an exciting game because we just kept finding ways to throw the game away ... to me a classic is when two teams go toe to toe and it's the last punch thrown that gets a victory. This should not have been that close of a game at all.

SheepdogMark

It was a GREAT game with an incredible, unthinkable finish.

The first qtr - CU's 150 yards with their first four plays and two TDs

The Huskers fighting back to tie it at 14 including the long TD to McNeil

The crazy kickoffs

The fake fg that was intercepted and returned for a TD right before half

- I missed a lot of third qtr because of work getting busy, but the score was close when I looked!

Fourth qtr was awesome, the game was undecided until CU sacks Ganz, then a 57 yard field goal and wow.

Plus stuffing any last minute drive with a blocked pass INT returned to the house

awesome.

I am SO glad I taped the game today. What a game, ups and downs and an awesome finish!

8-4 too baby! and very likely we go to the Gator Bowl!

You mean you don't record every game? Maybe I'm a freak or something but I've got every game on tape since 1987. My wife thinks it's a little over the top....but what does she know? :) Great game today!!!

This game ranks up there with the Missery TD catch, the Aggies game and the 94 Orange Bowl (I am still looking for that clip call). I am just glad that I got to see each one of them the first time around. God I love college football! :clap

I didn't think it was a classic at all. It was a lucky win. It turned out to be an exciting game because we just kept finding ways to throw the game away ... to me a classic is when two teams go toe to toe and it's the last punch thrown that gets a victory. This should not have been that close of a game at all.

SheepdogMark

wow. you really are being nothing but negative.

The offense held the ball for 40 minutes again. We ran the ball well. We didn't throw it great, and we settled for a lot of field goals.. hell, Alex had 16 of our 40. He played well.

Defensively they got popped in the mouth a couple of times early. they had 148 total yards through two drives. They ended with 291. so in 4 minutes they got 148 yards, the rest of the game they got 143. Yea, wow a terribly played game.

A bad play call (which bo admitted to) on the fake field goal, and those blown coverages on defense in the 1st 2 drives. Outside of that we played well. They battled back and won the game. Last years team loses this game. No doubt about it.

But then to say this wasnt a great game?? Are you kidding me? You may be the only person that actually thinks that. Seriously, it was a great game to watch, even Bo said it was a great game to be in. He likes those kinds of games. Maybe the PLAY wasnt GREAT. But even 2 TERRIBLE teams can produce a GREAT GAME.

Record FG lifts Huskers past Colorado

doc4930837160064364305199.jpg

Jake Wesch (37) Nebraska's Alex Henery (90) and Nebraska's T.J. O'Leary (82) celebrate Henery's record setting 57-yard field goal.

BY BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON / Lincoln Journal Star

Friday, Nov 28, 2008 - 08:28:08 pm CST

The Huskers pulled off one of the more amazing wins in the program’s history when sophomore kicker Alex Henery hit a 57-yard field goal with 1:43 left to give Nebraska the deciding points in a 40-31 win over Colorado on Friday.

Had Henery missed the kick, the game for all intents and purposes would have gone Colorado’s way since NU had just one timeout remaining to stop the clock.

When Henery’s kick made it over the crossbar by about a few feet, the stadium thundered.

Two plays pervious, Husker quarterback Joe Ganz had been sacked for a 15-yard loss, taking NU from the 25 to the 40, seemingly out of field-goal range. After an incompletion, Husker head coach Bo Pelini burned a timeout with his team facing a fourth-and-25.

Pelini chose to go with Henery. Henery answered with a field-goal kick that is probably unrivaled in Husker history.

The stadium rocked again a few moments later when Zach Potter batted a ball at the line of scrimmage and Ndamukong Suh intercepted it, running it back 30 yards for a touchdown to make it 40-31 with 55 seconds left.

The Husker overcame a poor start and a trick play that blew up in their faces to pull out the win

The Buffs (5-7) came in an 18-point underdog but had Husker fans on edge all day, leading Nebraska 31-27 going into the game’s final 15 minutes.

Nebraska seemed poised to take back the lead early in the fourth quarter, but on a third-and-goal from the four, Ganz fumbled the ball away while backing away from center.

Again, NU had a golden chance to take a lead on its next possession, starting it on the CU 26, but the Huskers didn’t net a first down and had to settle for a 37-yard field goal by Henery to close the gap to 31-30 with 8:09 left.

Little could have anyone anticipated what still awaited Henery.

If it wasn’t a pretty win for NU, it still was effective in positioning the now 8-4 Huskers as a lead candidate for the Gator Bowl on Jan. 1.

The Huskers couldn’t have started much worse.

Colorado scored two touchdowns on its first four offensive plays, taking a 14-0 lead before the game was five minutes old.

The first touchdown came on a 68-yard pass from Cody Hawkins to Riar Greer, who was wide open across the middle.

He was so open it made it tough to tell even who blew the assignment, though Pelini provided a clue when he gave an earful to safety Lance Thorell on the sideline.

That touchdown was followed by a 36-yard misdirection run by Demettriu Sumler, who scooted down the east sideline without anyone touching him. This time, linebackers coach Mike Ekeler was on the other end of Pelini’s bark.

Nebraska regrouped in a hurry, going 64 yards in nine plays to cut it to 14-7, the drive featuring a heavy dose of running back Roy Helu, who got his first career start.

Senior Marlon Lucky did not play in the game, though it was not immediately clear why. It could have been injury-related. Lucky has been nagged by a toe injury.

The Husker defense began to figure things out, a sack by Rickey Thenarse on a double safety blitz energizing the crowd. More noise came from the red patrons a moment later when the Huskers took just one play to score on a 53-yard touchdown pass from Joe Ganz to Mike McNeill. That tied it at 14 with 4:04 left.

NU looked in control most of the rest of the first half, taking a 24-17 lead with 2:03 left before halftime on a one-yard Quentin Castille plunge.

http://huskerextra.com/articles/2008/11/28...64364305199.txt

SheepdogMark

wow. you really are being nothing but negative.

The offense held the ball for 40 minutes again. We ran the ball well. We didn't throw it great, and we settled for a lot of field goals.. hell, Alex had 16 of our 40. He played well.

Defensively they got popped in the mouth a couple of times early. they had 148 total yards through two drives. They ended with 291. so in 4 minutes they got 148 yards, the rest of the game they got 143. Yea, wow a terribly played game.

A bad play call (which bo admitted to) on the fake field goal, and those blown coverages on defense in the 1st 2 drives. Outside of that we played well. They battled back and won the game. Last years team loses this game. No doubt about it.

But then to say this wasnt a great game?? Are you kidding me? You may be the only person that actually thinks that. Seriously, it was a great game to watch, even Bo said it was a great game to be in. He likes those kinds of games. Maybe the PLAY wasnt GREAT. But even 2 TERRIBLE teams can produce a GREAT GAME.

It's inevitable that some feel the need to bitch about something!