Ok now that it's over..........tell me

My first thought when we were lining up for the kick--- I was concerned about getting enough height. I was picturing in my mind a fingertip stopping us. We all know this kid could kick. I was sitting in front of the recruits in the east stadium. A couple of their parents and the recruits were high fiving/tenning. Most of the time they are pretty reserved with their thoughts and feelings during any game. This none was different. They could sense the electricity in the air and i believe they were swept up in what makes us special. I make it a habit to limit any interaction, and always attempt to present a well behaved Nebraska fan. Some games it is really hard, especially with some of the officiating we have seen this year. I must say they were impressed with the atomosphere and the game. I would say after that game-- it was a great time for Bo and Tom to work their magic on a few of the undecided recruits. I saw a few names on the tags of some big boys that are not on our recruiting list. I was hoping someone would reply to the requests for yesterday's visitors.

Ok guys/gals.............How many of you ran around screaming like a raging nut ball after he made the FG??!!

:horns2

I did!

I scared the crap out of my wife's cat. I was jumping around our living room yelling for about 30 seconds before I stopped and rewound the TiVo to watch the kick a couple of times. Then I called my dad, and after I got off the phone (after the game was over), I started kicking myself for not going back to Lincoln for the game.

I was sitting in a hotel room watching the game in South Dakota. I thought once Ganz got sacked it was all over. After the commercial, they said they were going to kick a field goal. My wife kept saying, "he is never going to make it....it is too far!" When the ball was kicked I thought it was going wide right and as it started to hook back in, I jumped off of the bed, hitting my hands on the ceiling and when it went through I shouted as loud as I could, "he f-ing made the kick, he f-ing made the kick!!!" My wife was actually pretty pumped up (she usually does not get too excited about big plays). This will go down as one of the finest memories I have of Husker football.

My hands are still a little sore from smashing into the ceiling. I am surprised that the guests around us did not call to complain about some psycho yelling...

There was about 50 of us at our watchsite in Hermosa Beach and the place ERUPTED - Even the people who worked there were going crazy - I think they poured a 100 shots in about 10 minutes.

I also was at a watch party. We had about 125 people not counting a few CU fans watching. I was in the front row... (lost my seat earlier). I was trying to stay out of the way of the people behind me, in front of a 70" or better HD projection picture. I jumped out of my seat, yelling HOLLY F**** he made it! Then I have no idea what I said but was out of my seat jumping for quite a while before I realized I was doing this. Thank GOD nobody was able to hear me. Nobody could hear anyone in fact. it was like a rock concert with ear percing noise. Then I turned and was blinded by the projector and looked like a spaz, im sure, cuz I couldn't see who or where the high-fives were comming from. LOL LOL LOL Thank God again, Nobody cared. I had just gotten a crayon colored picture from a 9 year old kid that just helped us with a raffle ticket. She could hear nothing. <_<

I was still pissed at Joe for taking the sack 2 plays before that. Going for it on 4th down with 25 yards to go I thought there was only a very slim chance. When Henery ran out to kick it, I thought we probably need a small miracle. It Happened!!!!!! I flew out of my chair saying "I can't believe he made it. He made it. Unbelievable!!." My dogs just looked at me like I was crazy. My daughter who lives in Tucson called me because she needed someone to be excited with. She stayed on the phone the rest of the game. It was as great a high as I've had in a while.

i was at a friends house, and when we didn't convert on 3rd i was screaming for the kick team to run onto the field, everyone looked at me like i was insane....... ha! as soon as we took the time out i knew the kick team was going to take the field.

i knew we could make it!! :w00t:w00t:w00t

high fives everywhere, everything else is just a drunken blur :wasted:wasted:wasted

I was explaining to my uncle that we were down by 1, in field goal range and all we had to do was run clock. Then Joe got sacked. I put my hands on my head and said "NOOO" over and over. Then we took a timeout. I said to my uncle, we are blowing this game with every second that passes by. Then, Henery comes out for the kick. I didn't know what to think. I thought, maybe its going to be a fake. When the camera showed the kick first going up, it looked way wide right. I was like CRAP CRAP then, it looked like it might have went in and it might not have. That time it took for the freakin refs to throw up their arms seemed like forever.

What a great game.

This game really reminds me of the 04 NU - CU game. In 04, the game was clearly dominated by CU, but the final score showed a close game. Fast forward, take away the first 3 mins of this game and we win 40-17.

We just started a tradition this year of decorating the christmas tree and watching the husker game. I had this guy waiting in the parkinglot for me to test drive this truck i was selling. I saw ganz get sacked and i jumped away from the tree and i was like what the hell man throw the bitch away. My wife and kids just staring at me. Kicking team came out and i was like no way in hell, we need some kinda miracle. I saw him kick and memorial went balistic when they said its good i went apesh#t spikeing an ornament and jumping up and down going he made it i cant believe he f'ing made it. What a memory.

I was sitting in the south stadium and had a pretty good view...I was praying before the kick and then I was going insane after he made it!!! High fiving pretty much every husker fan in my area... That was the first game I've been to in Lincoln in 15 years... Sure picked a good one to go to!

I still have no voice!!!!!

you will remember this one, the rest of your life!!!!

After the seasons over we should start a thread about best memories from th south end zone.

T_O_B