Still no love from BCS

Apathy

Pretty much does away with a play off if you beat a team, have the same record and they get picked above you. I can guess what would be being said around here if that happened to us.

Christ some cried we should have been the selection for the BCS game against Miami, We got beat by some 30 points in our last game, did not even win our conference and there were those that thought we belonged there. We should not have been in that game, Oregon should have. Common sense tells you that, just like the Texas Oklahoma situation.

Texas should be playing for the NC. They beat Oklahoma by 10 points on a neutral field. What more do you have to do to be better. Run up the score on everyone you play like the idiot Stoops does, and then gets to the Championship and lays a giant goose egg. He has never won with his players, and I doubt he ever will. Talk about something over rated. Tech got crushed by Oklahoma, but they beat Texas, they are not over rated.

As far as love for Nebraska, what the hell have we done to deserve to even be mentioned in the top 25. If we beat Clemson it will little affect is my guess. When we finally beat a ranked team of any level then we might be considered. That hasn't happened since 2000 basicly.

Second tier program, deal with it.

Pretty much does away with a play off if you beat a team, have the same record and they get picked above you. I can guess what would be being said around here if that happened to us.

Christ some cried we should have been the selection for the BCS game against Miami, We got beat by some 30 points in our last game, did not even win our conference and there were those that thought we belonged there. We should not have been in that game, Oregon should have. Common sense tells you that, just like the Texas Oklahoma situation.

Texas should be playing for the NC. They beat Oklahoma by 10 points on a neutral field. What more do you have to do to be better. Run up the score on everyone you play like the idiot Stoops does, and then gets to the Championship and lays a giant goose egg. He has never won with his players, and I doubt he ever will. Talk about something over rated. Tech got crushed by Oklahoma, but they beat Texas, they are not over rated.

As far as love for Nebraska, what the hell have we done to deserve to even be mentioned in the top 25. If we beat Clemson it will little affect is my guess. When we finally beat a ranked team of any level then we might be considered. That hasn't happened since 2000 basicly.

1993 FSU lost to ND and ND was 2nd. OU lost early, UT lost late. NOBODY thinks UT is the nation's best team, but some think OU, Bama, Florida and USC are. UT folks are mad that their win early means nothing! Things change when UT is angry. Texas has big alumni base and $$$! They need to complain about Stoops 6-4 record vs Brown and his 5 Big 12 titles to Brown's 1 and going for #6 and #3 in a row!

Computers actually have us right at the cusp around 25/26, but the human polls pushed us out...I agree with those who've said that squeaking it out against CU really hurt us....if we had won impressively, maybe we do better amond the humans and get #25.

As far as Oklahoma/Texas goes, I think Oklahoma deserves to be on top. Both teams have one loss. OU's loss was to a better team(UT) than Texas's loss(TT). That does it for me. But this isn't one that I feel strongly about. There are just no good options for settling it.

For those who've said UT has the head-to-head advantage and they should be on top, take a look at how the SEC settles 3-way ties; you'll like it. They use the BCS to eliminate the lowest ranked team, then use the head-to-head as the decider between the top two. If it were the SEC, UT would be going to the CCG.

Of course, if that were the case, a lot of people would be screaming that OU is clearly the better team and got ripped off--one of the odds-makers in Vegas said if OU and UT met on a neutral field this week OU would be a six point favorite.

Unfortunately, there is no good fix to resolving 3-way ties such as this one. Its not like you can just have an impromptu round robin tournament.

Texas would have absolutely nothing to complain about if they hadn't dropped that game against TT a team which OU completely took behind the woodshed. If OU and Texas played 10 times this year, OU would take Texas at least 8 out of the 10 times. Let's lay out the foundation first. TT is taken into OT by and unranked NU team. They beat Texas. They get completely manhandled by OU. Finally, they hang on by a thread to barely beat Baylor. TT is not a great team by any means, but they did beat Texas. IMO, OU is the better team and is where they belong.

Head to head is great for deciding two-ways, but it just doesn't work in a 3 way tie....to all those pumping Texas, what do you say to TT fans who have the same record as UT plus the head to head victory over UT....in a three way tie there has to be some other variable besides head to head....

The really sad deal is if and a mighty big if, Missouri should beat Oklahoma, Texas, nor Texas Tech still would not be able to get into the NC game. You have to be your conference champion and that would be Missouri. The Nebraska/Miami rule.

I heard today that our game over Colorado is what put Oklahoma over the top. I think it was mad dog on Xm but not certain.

The one good thing about this is that it will piss of the Texans and between them whining and Pete Carrol something just might get done about a plus one game at least.

The really sad deal is if and a mighty big if, Missouri should beat Oklahoma, Texas, nor Texas Tech still would not be able to get into the NC game. You have to be your conference champion and that would be Missouri. The Nebraska/Miami rule.

Untrue. There's no such requirement, and in fact the BCS rules specifically say it can be when it says that a conference could have 3 teams if #1 and #2 are non-champions from the same conference.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/bcsfb/eligibility

I heard today that our game over Colorado is what put Oklahoma over the top. I think it was mad dog on Xm but not certain.

Could be, since a CU win would've boosted Texas in the computers, and hurt OU. This is like how the TCU win at the end of 2001 gave us the slight margin over CU.

Texas would have absolutely nothing to complain about if they hadn't dropped that game against TT a team which OU completely took behind the woodshed. If OU and Texas played 10 times this year, OU would take Texas at least 8 out of the 10 times. Let's lay out the foundation first. TT is taken into OT by and unranked NU team. They beat Texas. They get completely manhandled by OU. Finally, they hang on by a thread to barely beat Baylor. TT is not a great team by any means, but they did beat Texas. IMO, OU is the better team and is where they belong.

Completely agreed. Theres other things beyond head to head. You have to look at the wins and losses. Both who and WHEN they happened. OU is the better team and IMO has a better chance vs florida.

The one good thing about this is that it will piss of the Texans and between them whining and Pete Carrol something just might get done about a plus one game at least.

I don't know why but I'm not buying that.