Still no love from BCS

Apathy

When the rankings came out Sunday I was really shocked and pissed to see Nebraska not in the top 25. I'm really surprised that Iowa didn't even make it in the top 25 as well. I don't think that Pittsburgh or Northwestern had a really tough schedule with Northwesterns only non conference game going against Duke and Pittsburgh barely beating a crappy Notre Dame team. I think that the BCS standings is worthless and it really showed with Oklahoma being in the Big 12 Championship game. IMO I thought that it should've been Texas because they beat OU at a neutral site and lost to Tech at the last minute.

Any thoughts on this.

And we shouldn't be ranked. Took severe beatings from the higher-ups in the Big XII, though hanging with TTech was good. Lost to who we were supposed to (except maybe VT) beat who we were supposed to (except maybe KU). Just outside looking in is reasonable. To be outside the top 25 and make it to a New Years Bowl is about as great of an outcome that could be hoped for.

If we win a bowl we might crack the top 25. Till then, we don't deserve it.

Also, as I said. OU is the better pick to be in the big 12 champ game. They are the team thats been playing well all year long and only lost to TX in the last qtr of that shootout.

Plus OU will give FL a better game in the NC. Yes, I said FL.

When the rankings came out Sunday I was really shocked and pissed to see Nebraska not in the top 25. I'm really surprised that Iowa didn't even make it in the top 25 as well. I don't think that Pittsburgh or Northwestern had a really tough schedule with Northwesterns only non conference game going against Duke and Pittsburgh barely beating a crappy Notre Dame team. I think that the BCS standings is worthless and it really showed with Oklahoma being in the Big 12 Championship game. IMO I thought that it should've been Texas because they beat OU at a neutral site and lost to Tech at the last minute.

Any thoughts on this.

Pretty sure Pitt beat Iowa this year

Any thoughts on this.

like ^^^ said Pitt beat Iowa... Texas Tech played 2 good games all year, both at home.. They came from behind to beat a pretty good Texas team, and then played pretty well against a decent OSU team.. They got taken into OT by us, barely got by baylor (both at home), then handled the rest of the weak teams like they should of... Tech is over rated. OU absolutely crushed them. OU did not play well against Texas, and IMO OU is the best team in the nation. They would crush texas if they played again.

Any thoughts on this.

Yes, the "BCS" is not to blame for this, they just display the votes taken from the polls and rankings done by the computers.

This is like blaming your local election officials for your candidate not getting elected, assuming a clean election.

I get tired of every problem in college football being blamed on the BCS. There are a few problems within their control to fix:

- dropping this system to go to playoffs, or back to the old bowl system if that's what you prefer

- the various ways they've tried to tweak their system to pick #1 and #2--remember Quality Wins? How about the decision to tell the computers to completely ignore margin of victory, even though most of them had a sliding scale that I think made anything over 21 not count extra.

- rules for selecting BCS bowls, like letting a lame Big East team in over Boise or Ball.

Who makes the top 25? Not the BCS.

I don't think squeaking out a win over a weak CU team did us much good with the voters.

It also depends a lot on how the teams in the 10-15 spots above us do, and who is paired up against who.

If we are #30 (and win), and #29 plays #28, we will move past the loser. Maybe even past the winner, but you can't predict that.

But if #31 beats #10, #31 probably moves past us, while #10 stays ahead.

Another factor is where the voters who did not have us on the ballot see us. We got 11 votes in the USA today poll. We have no idea if the other coaches had us just out of the top 25, or way out. That's probably a lot of the reason they list teams as "others receiving votes" rather than 26, 27, etc. Nobody casts a vote for the #26 spot.