Who did you play with/against back in the day?

I figured since we got a bunch of down time until we play in our bowl game.....This is the time for you "Al Bundy's" out there to reminisce about your old high school football days. I am curious to see those of you who played HS Football in Nebraska or the surrounding states for that matter.....what former Husker players did you have the honor of playing with or against back in the day? I remember seeing Coach Osborne come to our school and speak to Clester when he was Jr. He came into our locker room and for a 17 year old kid, you would of thought God walked through the halls our our HS.

I will go first:

1983 I played against John Parella when he went to Mission Jr High. (The guy was beast back then too!)

1989 I played along side Clester aka Tank Johnson (He was our QB)

1989 I had the honor of getting ran over by Cory Schlesinger on more than one occasion

1990 I intercepted a pass from Tony Veland when he played QB at Benson.

I am interested in hearing your stories......................

A good friend of mine at Burke was on the fb team and faced Dave Rimington a number of times. Said the guy was SICK!

In High school I played A few former Huskers.

As a freshman I was thrown in a game against Central at D-Tackle.... They had a Senior RB named Green.... That didnt end good for me. I was ran over more than once.

Mark Leflore

David Horne

There were a few guys that played for Bellvue west that went on to play D1, I belive the kicker went to Miami....?

I also got Letters from NU my senior year about walking on, That ended when I got my poop pushed in playing Lincoln East at Seacrest. I was told that NU owns Seacreast so they could come watch games during the season or something.... Not sure how true that is but it would explain why I never heard from them after that game lol

In 2001, We (South Sioux City) had to play against Elkhorn on our home field and I was a captain for that game and got to shake Jay Moores hand (he didn't play in that game because of his knee, I think it was a season ending knee injury). South Sioux was ranked #2 and Elkhorn was #1. We ended driving 90 yards to win the game at the last second. If Moore was playing we probably would've gotten killed :lol:

I played one high school play-off game in I think 1978 against a kid named McWhirter (sp?) that I believe ended up at Nebraska...it was one of those "schools so small everyone has to play on the team or we won't have one" playoff games that only player's parents care about. We got killed...but I made that McWhirter guy look like a little kid out there....just ran over him the whole game!

I also played against that big girl Todd Frain. Spent two years pushing that big baby around. Made him look like a little kid out there...just humiliated him constantly. I think he even cried one Friday night because I was making him look so silly out there. Also enjoyed the added pleasure of humiliating him on the basketball court for a couple of years too...just ran over him every time we played!

Don't know how either of them would ever get a football scholarship from the Huskers and I didn't. I blame Solich. Horrible job out of you Frank.... <_<

I played against Russ Hochstein in 8th grade basketball. Norfolk vs Hartington Cedar Catholic. I miraculously made a layup against him using my powerful 5' 5" 125 lb frame, got fouled and made the free throw for my only 3 points of the game. At 14 years old he was probably every bit as tall as he is now. Thats really all I've got and if you asked any of my friends, I think I've worn the story out. :)

I figured since we got a bunch of down time until we play in our bowl game.....This is the time for you "Al Bundy's" out there to reminisce about your old high school football days. I am curious to see those of you who played HS Football in Nebraska or the surrounding states for that matter.....what former Husker players did you have the honor of playing with or against back in the day? I remember seeing Coach Osborne come to our school and speak to Clester when he was Jr. He came into our locker room and for a 17 year old kid, you would of thought God walked through the halls our our HS.

I will go first:

1983 I played against John Parella when he went to Mission Jr High. (The guy was beast back then too!)

1989 I played along side Clester aka Tank Johnson (He was our QB)

1989 I had the honor of getting ran over by Cory Schlesinger on more than one occasion

1990 I intercepted a pass from Tony Veland when he played QB at Benson.

I am interested in hearing your stories......................

A good friend of mine at Burke was on the fb team and faced Dave Rimington a number of times. Said the guy was SICK!

Yeah I wouldn't ever want to get smashed by Rimington!!

I've got nothing....here's the closest I have:

Played pick-up and intramural basketball from 93-97 in Lincoln with/against about every player on the roster. I got good at throwing alley-oops.

Have played poker with Brian Shaw on a number of occasions at my friends house in Lincoln.

My uncle, Carel Stith, was an All-American DT/DE at NU in the late 60's. He got drafted in the 4th round and played for the Houston Oilers until his knee got blown up. He was huge in his day....entering the draft he was listed at 6'5" and 270. That's big still 40 years later.