Media really hates us....

holvy83

Mandel's whole point is that the bowls are a BUSINESS and are not meant to be fair. The original poster is unwittingly agreeing with Mandel. People should read and comprehend before posting.

That was the Point, bowls are a business, and it is all unfair, the other point i made was that the schools DO NOT have control over what bowls they get into, so Yes the media should stop pointing fingers and and stop saying that so and so should be here and blah blah blah, Hmm i guess i am sorry for being the 10th person this week who had somehting to say about the media <_< But NU will always be the punching bag when it comes to the BCS mess when they slid in to play Miami. THAT GETS BROUGHT UP EVERY YEAR BY SOMEBODY IN THE MEDIA. So yes people NU is responsible for the BCS mess :sarcasm

Sorry. I stopped reading when the subject line combined "media" "hate" and "us". It goes in the pile with all the other "The world is against Nebraska" opinions. For some reason people think that we are entitled to coverage and that coverage can only be positive.

there are positive things in the media? :sarcasm

As pointed out by many others, bowl games are looking to make money. This means they are looking for lots and lots of traveling fans to fill seats. The general feeling is that 1. Missouri fans travel poorly in the first place and 2. They definitely won't want to travel after losing 2 straight to end the season.

Simple case of a better fan base paying off.

How is it any different than what happened to Mizzou last year? They get snubbed by the BCS for Kansas? The bowls have never been fair. If Notre dumb wouldn't have looked completely inept, they'd be in the Gator instead of us. Nebraska travels extremely well. When we're bowl eligible, we'll get a good bowl.

We've gotten screwed over by the bowl process too. In 2000, Notre Dame got a BCS bid over us even though we finished with as good a record & beat them head-to-head.

Stewart Mandel for SI.com had written in his weekly mailbag how unfair it is that NU gets the Gator while Mizzou who if loses the Big 12 title game will be lucky to get the Alamo!! Again another shot at a good season for the Huskers <_< Blah, Blah, Blah if Mizzou gets the Alamo, so what?! That is what the bowls wanted, what do they think the bowls are about?? The schools, the fans? Money talks which is really sad :angry: Mizzou probably should have drawn a better bowl bid, but what bowl wouldn't want a South team that beat Mizzou in the first place!

Well, I think the observation is accurate if the Gator is a bigger draw than the Alamo. Maybe Mizzou should be in there instead of us since they are the North champs(technically)/4th or 5th best team in the conf.

Why can't they wait until after all the CC games to decide ALL the bowl matchups?

Whatever, I ain't going to worry 'bout it.

How is it any different than what happened to Mizzou last year? They get snubbed by the BCS for Kansas? The bowls have never been fair. If Notre dumb wouldn't have looked completely inept, they'd be in the Gator instead of us. Nebraska travels extremely well. When we're bowl eligible, we'll get a good bowl.

We've gotten screwed over by the bowl process too. In 2000, Notre Dame got a BCS bid over us even though we finished with as good a record & beat them head-to-head.

Notre dumb will always beat out another team in the bowl process when their record is the same. They are the most watched and followed team in the country. However, NU will get picked over most teams simply because we travel extremely well. As long as we're not competing with Notre dumb for a bowl slot, we're almost assured we'll get that slot.

to me as long as its not a difference between bcs and non-bcs... who cares? I mean I could understand if MU gets a bowl no one has ever heard of, but its not like the gator bowl is that much better then the alamo

I think the Gator prolly pays more is the thing.

to me as long as its not a difference between bcs and non-bcs... who cares? I mean I could understand if MU gets a bowl no one has ever heard of, but its not like the gator bowl is that much better then the alamo

About a $100-250K or so per team but that just goes to the conference and is split between all the Big 12 teams so everyone ends up making the same amount of money. I'm also pretty sure the Big 12 mandated travel budget is the same for those bowls so its really not too different other than the timing. (The Big 12 lists how much each school can spend on travel for a particular bowl. Probably is mandated so a school does not use up the entire pay on travel and return nothing to the conference.)

About a $100-250K or so per team but that just goes to the conference and is split between all the Big 12 teams so everyone ends up making the same amount of money. I'm also pretty sure the Big 12 mandated travel budget is the same for those bowls so its really not too different other than the timing. (The Big 12 lists how much each school can spend on travel for a particular bowl. Probably is mandated so a school does not use up the entire pay on travel and return nothing to the conference.)

In that case, the Big XII is getting some cash this year. :o

Uh, is that 100-250K MORE for playing in the Gator or is that all they're getting total? If the latter, that seems pretty low to me.

Notre dumb will always beat out another team in the bowl process when their record is the same. They are the most watched and followed team in the country. However, NU will get picked over most teams simply because we travel extremely well. As long as we're not competing with Notre dumb for a bowl slot, we're almost assured we'll get that slot.

Yeah, like this year they beat out a Big 12 inellagible no-show for the Sun Bowl slot.

EDIT: Dang, I should have read "the same record". Bad Husker fan, bad, bad, Husker fan.