Gator Bowl Analysis and Prediction

Enhance

Just remember that his a Gamecock fan. They are a Big East / Conference USA type team in the SEC and would have to win like 35 years in a row to even the series with Clemson. And if what he is saying is true (and it isn't), that would make the Gamecock team an even draw in the SC High School Championship game.

I don't know much about Nebraska but I do know that you just crushed Colorado. While Klempsun did beat my c$%ks, it was only because our QB decided to have a bad case of the interceptions last Saturday.

Their Linebackers are terrible. Their OLine is terrible too. They have an average QB and the recievers aren't any that should scare anybody. They have one good Defensive End and their Secondary is pretty good but are soft if you hit them. They have good running backs but if they have to stay between the tackles and are not allowed to get into space, they won't be any good. They don't use the TE or FB very much.

I predict: NU 56, Clem 17.

I like this guy................. :thumbs

The ACC is getting better as a conference overall...but IMHO they have a ways to go before they will be able to compete top to bottom with the likes of the Big 12, SEC, Big 10, or even Pac 10.

I don't see Clemson's offensive line that much different than Nebraska, to be totally honest with you. They are both up and coming. I think this game will be determined by whose defense shows up and gets turnovers.

I don't see this game getting to be a blow out for either team, I think it will end with the scores being within 11 pts of each other, and won't be determined until the 2nd half. The ONLY way this won't happen is if Nebraska shows up and plays flat footed the first quarter and lets Clemson get a big lead, or if Clemson turns the ball over a couple of times in the first half. I don't see Clemson as a team that can come back from a big deficit. But then I don't really see the Huskers as a team that could do it either.

I do know that we have a great QB, that in any other year would have won All Big 12 first team with the number that he put up. I am not sure that Clemson can do anything but try and keep our offense off the field and from scoring by running the ball and using the clock. If this game turns into a shoot out, I give Nebraska the nod to win...and possibly by more than the 11 pts I stated earlier. The teams in the Big 12 score a lot more points than what Clemson is used to seeing.

This will be a good game, these two teams are pretty evenly matched this season.

:restore:cheers:restore

Nebraska 35 Clemson 24

Just looking at Clemson on YouTube, their secondary is pretty fast. This may not bode all that well for Ganz - I think he gets picked at least once. I don't know how their def. will do against a rolling QB, though. Ganz just can't force anything.

I do think we have success using short routes vs. their linebackers - especially with Swifty and McNeill. I'd give the advantage to our OL, too. Hopefully, Lucky can get back to full strength, too. Helu should do pretty well.

Another poster noted that Clemson's DB's might be soft if they get knocked around. If that's true, then Gilmore and Ron Brown should work their magic and create receivers that block downfield. Niles Paul loves to block DBs!

We've got to minimize the damage from turnovers, too. I'd be real surprised if we have positive turnover margin in this game. Maybe Suh and Potter can get those big mitts up there and create something.

Their big receiver is going to be tough to handle. We can't let Spiller or Ford get loose either. Those guys are dangerous. Hopefully we bring the heat and put their QB on his butt.

If we don't let them get points off turnovers, minimize their big plays, not slow down in the red zone ourselves, and chew up clock - we win.

NU 30, Clemson 27

Clemson has the athletes to compete..........

This match-up is starting to grow on me although I'm still mighty upset we didn't get Florida State............

Nebraska should be able to control TOP, and Both Lines and should win...............

However the secondary breakdowns could lead to a Clemson win................

I really had nothing to say..........

Just wanted to use my new sig...........