Cy, Turner Gill & Coaching Speculation

Well...now that we can cross Gill off the list, ISU fans are all turning to Patterson at TCU which just ain't gonna happen...

McCarney? Nah...Dan wouldn't come back and work under Pollard no way...no how. Anyway, we did the McCarney thing once and it only got us so far. He's a good coordinator but I don't think he'll ever make it as a real successful HC.

I forgot to add most hoped for pick...Barry Switzer. There's a lot of upside to old Barry...

Barry Switzer is my new front-runner for ISU Head Coach.

Maybe he's changed his mind, but I'm almost certain he was quoted as saying he would never return to college football until the players can get paid.

Well...now that we can cross Gill off the list, ISU fans are all turning to Patterson at TCU which just ain't gonna happen...

McCarney? Nah...Dan wouldn't come back and work under Pollard no way...no how. Anyway, we did the McCarney thing once and it only got us so far. He's a good coordinator but I don't think he'll ever make it as a real successful HC.

I forgot to add most hoped for pick...Barry Switzer. There's a lot of upside to old Barry...

Barry Switzer is my new front-runner for ISU Head Coach.

Maybe he's changed his mind, but I'm almost certain he was quoted as saying he would never return to college football until the players can get paid.

Oh...I think if he was offered a last chance to kick Dr. Tom in the gnads..especially for 2mil, he might reconsider that.... <_<

i don't think you guy's have a chance with any of those coaches at this point except skip Holtz who i think would be a good fit for you guys he recruits and coaches extremely well and would have ISU at .500 in at least three seasons.

ISU probably has a shot with those D-II school coaches but still if i was ISU i would pay Holtz what ever he demands and get him to start coaching ASAP.

What about Ball State's coach? Is he someone ISU might be interested in interviewing?

I believe Hoke decided to move to the warmer climes of San Diego.

He replaced Chuck Long...and NO...we do NOT want Chuck Long, or Ron Prince for that matter. Freddie Prinz would be a better coach in my opinion.... <_<

He's been dead for a couple decades....

Fulmer would be good, holtz would be good.

I wish Switzer could be coaxed to come back. I always liked that guy, as a motivator, few were his equal.

Probably get someone I've never heard of.

There's got to be another Paul Johnson out there

... somewhere.

There's also a rumor going around that ISU is offering the job to Tuberville for $1.00 Apparently there is a clause in his contract with Auburn that if Tommy takes a coaching job somewhere after "resigning" at Auburn that doesn't pay as much as the Auburn job did...Auburn has to make up the difference between the old and new pay.

Poetic justice at it's finest! ISU would become Charles Barkley's 2nd favoritist school....