CB Travis Hawkins

Is there any way to turn away Byrd or some of the other iffy qualifiers for guaranteed qualifiers and better players (according to rivals and scout). I know that that does not make Nebraska look very good to future recruits, but I don't think it is right to lose out on some very talented players waiting to hear if some of our current commits are going to qualify.

Is there any way to turn away Byrd or some of the other iffy qualifiers for guaranteed qualifiers and better players (according to rivals and scout). I know that that does not make Nebraska look very good to future recruits, but I don't think it is right to lose out on some very talented players waiting to hear if some of our current commits are going to qualify.

We aren't losing out on anybody because of grades. Why do you think we are going to be able to sign more than we should be able to this year? The coaches are on top of everything and know these kids grades probably better than the kid does.

BigWillie:

You seem to "be in the know"......or at least your posts come across that way... I am not saying that sarcastically either..... Let me get this straight. Are you saying that we are NOT LOSING anyone to grades. Is this your "prediction" or do you know that we aren't, because all 3 of the recruiting analysts (Crabtree-rivals, Munson - Big Red Report and Luggenbill-scout) all say that we definately have a number of guys who will be "pushing it" to reach campus and to expect a handful to not make it at all. This was as late as yesterday afternoon.

My question is ........ do you KNOW that these guys will make it, or are you just throwing the "coaches know more than we do" statement around. Believe me, I really HOPE that you respond that you KNOW, 'cause I really like this class.

Right now, I am one of those guys who tends to buy into the fact that a few aren't going to make it to campus, so recruit a few more than you have, using the " greyshirt" philosophy and when a guy doesn't make it, use a scholly.

I look forward to your posts, 'cause you are usually pretty much on target, this is why I am asking this question.

BigWillie:

You seem to "be in the know"......or at least your posts come across that way... I am not saying that sarcastically either..... Let me get this straight. Are you saying that we are NOT LOSING anyone to grades. Is this your "prediction" or do you know that we aren't, because all 3 of the recruiting analysts (Crabtree-rivals, Munson - Big Red Report and Luggenbill-scout) all say that we definately have a number of guys who will be "pushing it" to reach campus and to expect a handful to not make it at all. This was as late as yesterday afternoon.

My question is ........ do you KNOW that these guys will make it, or are you just throwing the "coaches know more than we do" statement around. Believe me, I really HOPE that you respond that you KNOW, 'cause I really like this class.

Right now, I am one of those guys who tends to buy into the fact that a few aren't going to make it to campus, so recruit a few more than you have, using the " greyshirt" philosophy and when a guy doesn't make it, use a scholly.

I look forward to your posts, 'cause you are usually pretty much on target, this is why I am asking this question.

I'm saying grades are not as big an issue as people are making them out to be. Besides Byrd our recruit grade situation is not that bad and everyone has a decent shot to qualify.

Attrition from our current players will play a bigger role on this class than our recruits grades.

BigWillie:

I'm saying grades are not as big an issue as people are making them out to be. Besides Byrd our recruit grade situation is not that bad and everyone has a decent shot to qualify.

Attrition from our current players will play a bigger role on this class than our recruits grades.

And, as Hanc asks --- how do you know this?

Please explain what you mean by "attrition of our current players", and how that will impact this year's class. You have my extremely interested. Thanks for the updates.

Transfers, players quitting. The normal stuff we get every year when 3-4 guys realize they do not like Lincoln, will not play here or other things that make them leave.

rob, lets quit with the nonsense. You really do not want to discuss anything more than you want to rile people up.

If you really want to know though, PM me.

Well... not true. I do like to discuss stuff. Unfortunately, I am not technologically adroit enough to PM you --- that is, I don't know how to do it.

All I trying to get at is that we should speak with authority only if we can justify that we have a a position of authority that is warranted.

If you know for a fact that these guys will make the grade then that is great news --- all of us here will be very pleased to know that. Of course, if you do not know that such is the case, and you are like most of us --- just guessing and going off of what the recruiting publications --- then, well, what you say is just like anyone else... at which point, then speaking in terms of qualifiers such as"I think that...," or "it seems to me...." or, according to X, ..."

I'm not trying to rile you up.

If you do actually KNOW that grades will be a non-issue, then let us know that you KNOW and are not guessing (or hoping).

Does this make sense?

rob, lets quit with the nonsense. You really do not want to discuss anything more than you want to rile people up.

Well... not true. I do like to discuss stuff. Unfortunately, I am not technologically adroit enough to PM you --- that is, I don't know how to do it.

All I trying to get at is that we should speak with authority only if we can justify that we have a a position of authority that is warranted.

If you know for a fact that these guys will make the grade then that is great news --- all of us here will be very pleased to know that. Of course, if you do not know that such is the case, and you are like most of us --- just guessing and going off of what the recruiting publications --- then, well, what you say is just like anyone else... at which point, then speaking in terms of qualifiers such as"I think that...," or "it seems to me...." or, according to X, ..."

If you do actually KNOW that grades will be a non-issue, then let us know that you KNOW and are not guessing (or hoping).

Does this make sense?

Why are you calling out BigWillie about his statements, when you yourself stated as fact that this class will be "desimated" by kids who will not make the grade. So the question comes back to you, how do you know this?

Does this make sense?

Go to one of Willies posts. In the bottom left corner there is a tab that says PM on it. Hit that. It will pull up a message screen. Put a title in and then type your message and send it.

If you need more assistants, I can help..

Does this make sense?

rob, there are very few people who make a habit of 'trying to call me out', and you happen to have a history of that.

Over my posting history that you can check and others can verify for me, I normally will not speak just to speak. I've been around here long enough that I like to think I have earned some sort of credibility. Maybe I am wrong in thinking so?

Does this make sense?

rob, there are very few people who make a habit of 'trying to call me out', and you happen to have a history of that.

Over my posting history that you can check and others can verify for me, I normally will not speak just to speak. I've been around here long enough that I like to think I have earned some sort of credibility. Maybe I am wrong in thinking so?

That's why I am not as vocal about the recruiting this year as I was in years past. Either people don't believe ya, or they think you're blowing smoke out your ass. That is the biggest reason why I haven't given any extended information about recruits other than the "public releases". I guess people don't take the time to realize that some of us may have first hand knowledge on this subject.