How did Joe Ganz get the game's MVP and not Suh??

ok, then could we have won without suh and with our second string in?

you just said we couldnt do it without ganz, so what about suh?

MVP is not for feel good stories. It's for playmakers. Ganz made two turnovers that nearly cost Nebraska the game. What more do you want??

no its not. but that is not the question i asked.

would we have won without ganz?

would we have won without suh?

No and no.

I think the defensive front played dominanat the whole game. What people don't understand is you don't have to be making all the tackles to be dominant up front. In the first half they were doubling up on Suh and Stein was tearing it up well in the second half they doubled on Stein and Suh was tearing it up. Suh even made that remark after the game.

As far as Ganz he was one hell of a LEADER for this team. He admitted mistakes and put the game and the team on his shoulder all season long. Yes he made mistakes, but he also over came them to help make the plays needed to be in position to win the game. I think I even remember hearing him in an interview after the game saying that he went up to the D and apologized for putting them in such bad situations. That takes a true leader to do that. As far as not being able to win without him, well, I think it is more like we couldn't win without a leader like him.

I said after the game that I really thought that Stein deserved the MVP. Maybe Suh, but I kind of understand the decision, at least he said that it should be split amoungst the d-line as well. That's pretty cool IMO

1. Suh

2. Castille

3. Henery

4. Ganz

Ganz mistakes nearly cost Nebraska the game.

I'm sorry but where is Steinkuhler in all of the posts saying that Suh should get the game's MVP? Steinkuhler had a way better first half then Suh did, and Suh didn't really come alive until the second half.

Also, quarterbacks get the mvp because they are the quarterback. If you are another player, you have to have a ridiculously good game to steal the show from the quarterback. Even mediocre play out of your quarterback will get him the MVP. And don't forget, Ganz was responsible for the only two touchdowns we got the entire game. The only other points we had were 4 field goals.

1. Suh

2. Castille

3. Henery

4. Ganz

I'm sorry but where is Steinkuhler in all of the posts saying that Suh should get the game's MVP? Steinkuhler had a way better first half then Suh did, and Suh didn't really come alive until the second half.

Also, quarterbacks get the mvp because they are the quarterback. If you are another player, you have to have a ridiculously good game to steal the show from the quarterback. Even mediocre play out of your quarterback will get him the MVP. And don't forget, Ganz was responsible for the only two touchdowns we got the entire game. The only other points we had were 4 field goals.

Steinkuhler has been mentioned in multiple posts (starting with mine 3rd on the page). In fact he is mentioned in the post just before yours. Reading Is Fundamental.

Also as it has been mentioned. Stein had a huge game in the first half because Suh was getting doubled and tripled. Then when Ty was all over the place, they had to make sure he was accounted for. After all that Ty did...Suh still ended up with more tackles, sacks, tackles for loss and the blocked kick.

The complete "Blackshirts" may not be back...but the front line is.

1. Suh

2. Castille

3. Henery

4. Ganz

Steinkuhler has been mentioned in multiple posts (starting with mine 3rd on the page). In fact he is mentioned in the post just before yours. Reading Is Fundamental.

Also as it has been mentioned. Stein had a huge game in the first half because Suh was getting doubled and tripled. Then when Ty was all over the place, they had to make sure he was accounted for. After all that Ty did...Suh still ended up with more tackles, sacks, tackles for loss and the blocked kick.

Absolutely, And the best part about the rest of the defense, is that most of the them are young and will be better next year. The Blackshirts are here to stay IMO :bonez:bonez:bonez

Ganz was the MVP of the game? He fumbled a ball for a TD, that was 7 points. He also turned a score, either 3 or 7 points for the Huskers ... gave it away in a TO and it led to a TD for the other team, that was a 10 to 14 point turn around.

He did throw two TD passes, both excellent, probably should have had a TD that I think Swift dropped.

So, he is the MVP if you "pool" both teams together ... he scored most of the points or his mistakes led to points off those turnovers. I don't see how one can conclude that the 21, almost 28 points scored for the other team where all off mistakes by the QB of the Huskers ... and that makes him MVP?

Personally, I don't call that MVP.

SheepdogMark

1. Suh

2. Castille

3. Henery

4. Ganz

I didn't call out every post, just specifically the posts on the page that didn't say ANYTHING about Stein, which is why I specifically quoted the one I did.

There are just so many people that influenced the outcome of the game in our favor. Ganz being gutsy and coming back from what, a small concussion? Not to mention a great throw to Swift and overall, a stellar second half. Steinkuhler and Suh for being in the backfield all day. West for a real head's up play getting that pick. Castille for his monster runs. Hagg for his clutch plays at the end. O'Hanlon for breaking up their would-be game-winning score. Henery for being completely automatic. The list goes on...