Where does Nate Swift rank?

Swift was a great wide receiver and excellent player. He will do well at the next level I think.

However, he was as product of the system. I put the kid in the top 5 because of his attitude and willingness to do what was needed of him. I think most of his production, like 95 % or wide receivers, was due to the system he was in. His intangibles are work ethic and stuff like that...although his good hands didn't hurt.

Swift should be in the Top 5. What no Johnny Mitchell??

Technically he was a TE. He was good though. Just think what that guy could do in this current system.

I know that he was a TE, I just never see anyone mention this guy on the board, he was one of my favorites back in the day!

I agree, I take swift over purify

Thats more than likely going to be how NFL teams see it also. Just saying Swift will more than likely make a roster before Purify ever will. Not sure if Purify is even on a practice squad anymore, not that he deserves to, but I do think both are talented enough to get good shots at playing in the bigs.

I agree, I take swift over purify

Thats more than likely going to be how NFL teams see it also. Just saying Swift will more than likely make a roster before Purify ever will. Not sure if Purify is even on a practice squad anymore, not that he deserves to, but I do think both are talented enough to get good shots at playing in the bigs.

Purify signed with the Bengals a couple weeks ago.

I think Terrence Nunn would have to be included up here as well. He made some big catches over the (i hate saying this) BC era. I just wish he would have help onto that ball against Texas. Give him credit though, he was fighting for more yards.

aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh! :bang freaking terrence nunn..... :bang:bang:bang

i literally started choking my best friend next to me at the game when he fumbled that pass, and wasnt even aware of it until he gasped something about not being able to breathe. :dunno

but yeah, Irving Fryar #1, and I suppose swift falls somewhere in the middle of the top ten pass catchers weve had here. While i think he'll get a shot in the pros and make the best of it, based on pure playing ability he's another Joey Ganz. all heart, classic overachiever. now im not saying that in a bad way at all, just that he's not exactly a terrell owens. but everything he is that owens isnt makes him an all time great here at nebraska. so no bashing :cop:

i have always wondered about wilson thomas. back when he was here i thought he'd show what he could do in the NFL one day, rather than being a blocking dummy in TO's offense which he obviously wasnt utilized well in. oh well.

Hands down - Fryer #1. The question, for the receivers at NU, has not been how many catches can they make but how well they block downfield. Just as we cannot compare Fraizer (best QB in history of college football) with Ganz we cannot compare Swift with some of the great receivers in NU history. It's all about their ability to do what the coaches ask them to do. Just because we run a different offense does not mean that all of a sudden we have the best quarterbacks and receivers in NU history.

Since Swift finished his career #1 in receptions for a career & season (receiver), #2 in yardage for a season & career, TD’s for a season & career. Where does he rank among the top receivers to ever come through Nebraska? He has to be up there right? Rodgers, Fryer and Purify were better in my opinion. If Rodgers would have played 4 years he would still have the reception record, Fryer was the #1 pick in the NFL draft and Purify if he would have had one more year and less drinks would have put up mad stats. I would take Swift over Davison and probably anyone else besides the three I mentioned. So here is how I see it:

1. Johnny Rodgers

2. Irving Fryer

3. Maurice Purify

4. Nate Swift

5. Matt Davison

Also what receiver from the past do you think would have been a lot better in this offense compared to the option based attack? The one that stands out in my mind is Kenny Cheatham. I think in this offense we the pass is more utilized that guy would have been money. I also think in the current system Newcombe and Baul would have been awesome slot receivers.

:yeah And in my mind...that is just how they should be looked at as ranking.

1. Johnny Rogers

2. Johnny Rogers

3. Johnny Rogers

then Fryer

and finally Mo Purify just because I like him so much

If you're gonna put him on the list that many times how about spelling his name right? :dunno

I'd say Rodgers, Fryar, Swift, Purify and Frosty Anderson. As much as I'd like to add Bobby Newcombe to the list he never had a 100 yard receiving game.

Swift should be in the Top 5. What no Johnny Mitchell??

I was thinking of JM too, although a TE, he would fit in alright in today's offense.

Swift is pretty much right up there with Fryar and Rodgers statistically due to the program's history of running the ball. His name might sit so high on that list for very long as the offense is putting up increasing passing numbers. He should be remembered for playing a valuable a part in the conversion of the nebraska offense.