WR Tyler Slavin

• 1 month later...

Arizona has offered:

Arizona just offered Roosevelt (Corona, Calif.) wide receiver teammates Tyler Slavin and Austin Hill. Both players impressed at last years SoCal NIKE Camp and project well for college.

At 6-3, 190 pounds, Hill is bigger and faster than Slavin and had a solid junior season with 34 catches for 625 yards and seven touchdowns.

Slavin has good size as well at 6-2, 185 pounds and caught 22 balls for 501 yards and six scores. Nebraska and UNLV have also offered Slavin and Oregon has also offered Hill.

Stupid Oregon

Slavin likes Pac 10

Wide receiver Tyler Slavin (Corona, Calif./ Roosevelt) has three offers on the table and there's a definite Pac 10 flavor to his favorites list.

Slavin is a big, physical receiver and caught 22 balls for 501 yards and six scores last season. He showed well at the Nike camp at USC a year ago and will be back at the SoCal camp again this year.

"Arizona is my latest offer," Slavin said. "UNLV and Nebraska had already offered and I'm also hearing from Oregon, Cal, Washington, UCLA, Nebraska, Arizona State, Utah, Washington State, Stanford and Northwestern.

"Oregon is my top school and I've actually liked them for a long time. Growing up, I always liked the Ducks. Cal, Washington, UCLA and Nebraska would be the rest of my top five. I'm in no hurry to commit though and plan to have my family and coaches heavily involved when I make my decision."

Slavin is an excellent student and carries a 3.7 GPA. He plans to major in pre-med.

• 4 weeks later...

From Husker Journal:

APRIL 1, 2009. PREP STAR

TYLER SLAVIN, WR, 6-2, 185, 4.6, CORONA (ROOSEVELT), CALIFORNIA

Tyler has offers from Arizona, Nebraska, Arizona State, UNLV and Nevada

Likes Arizona’s Coaching Staff

“The coaching staff seems like they get along well. I like Arizona’s offense the spread the ball around. I haven’t been to Tucson but I’ve done some research on them in the Internet.” Slavin said

“I like how most of their (Arizona) coaching staff came from Texas Tech when they recruited Crabtree and Welker. I like the campus at Arizona there is a lot of things to do there.” Slavin added

Slavin Names A Leader

“Oregon is recruiting me the hardest they are very interested in me. They (Oregon) have been to my school more than anyone else. I feel like I will get an offer from Oregon, the coaches said they offer (players) late and I should get an offer before my senior year or during the season” Slavin said

“Oregon sent me an e-mail about a tour of the facilities and everything. I like Oregon’s facilities and uniforms. I like how they use the spread offense I can see myself in Eugene as a Duck. I’m leading towards Oregon than anyone else.” Slavin said

“UCLA invited me to some baseball games that I might go to. I like UCLA but I’m not that real interested in them. I am considering them some.”

You’re a Name Star At Nebraska

“I really haven’t heard too much about them (Nebraska) but I could be really interested in them,” Slavin said, “I hear that when you play football at Nebraska your one of the main stars there because they don’t have any other pro teams.”

Badger Camp

“I went to the 7 on 7 Badger Camp in Las Vegas it was cool I wish I got a lot more love.” Slavin said

“What they do is split you up in teams of different states you came from. Like Arizona was there, Washington, California. There was like five California teams. Texas was there.” Slavin said

“They threw me in this one California team which basically what they did. They gave us colored uniforms and played other states. The number one quarterback (Heapes) in the nation was there. He was real good they (Seattle) lost in the first round.” Slavin added

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Slavin on a conversation he had with Bo this weekend:

"Coach Pelini said they'd be taking 3 receivers. He just talked about when I thought I would make my decision, and he told me that when a place is right for me I'd know it. He said that he can be a-hole at times, but that I'd know what he was doing is the right thing to do for the team and myself."

Classic.