WR Tyler Slavin

It sounds like he's being slow-played just a little. But we do have him, Hill, Sasser, Reese, and Swigert and there's only room for one of them.

Throw Sasser out of this mix. He said awhile ago that his top choices are KU and MU. Which he is being slow played by both of them right now.

I expect to get Hill at the very least and hopefully Swigert. But if Wright or Reese commit I bet that the coaches will make room for them.

Wide out Tyler Slavin (Corona, Calif./ Roosevelt) took his second official visit of the year this past weekend to Nebraska. He visited Arizona back in October.

Slavin is a big, physical receiver with very good hands. He may not have the speed to stretch the field, but the 6-foot-1, 191 pounder is a very nice looking possession receiver with excellent body control and he knows how to use his size to his advantage.

"Nebraska was great, it was the best trip I've taken so far," Slavin said. "The crowd atmosphere at the game was crazy and the fans are so in to it there. It seems like the fans were as excited about the recruits as they were about the game.

"The facilities were another thing that stood out and the coaches really stressed academics and how many academic All-Americans the school has produced. I got along really well with the players and coaches and I just felt really comfortable my whole time there."

Slavin said despite the great visit, he was never tempted to commit and wants to take his remaining visits.

"I don't have dates yet, but I plan to visit Stanford and Washington," Slavin said. "The next time I talk to the coaches, hopefully I'll be able to work out a date with them. Right now, Nebraska is my top school, but I want to finish off my trips so I can make sure I'm making the right decision."

but... if he waits too long he won't have a spot.

We will take 1 more WR for sure, maybe 2 depending on our big wants.

Its us that are slow playing him. The staff would rather have Hill.

plus Hill is cousins with Aaron green who said if Hill came to lincoln and with his Bro already here it.... well i guess i would be a very good good thing in so many words......

plus Hill is cousins with Aaron green who said if Hill came to lincoln and with his Bro already here it.... well i guess i would be a very good good thing in so many words......

:facepalm:

We want Hill as a WR on his own merit.

We need a legitimate pass catcher first. Green is simply icing on the cake IF he wants to come to NU as a result of Austin's commit.

Sorry Irie, don't mean to take it out on you, but that point is getting worn out by everyone. We need a guy that is going to catch everything, and run every route.

:facepalm:

We want Hill as a WR on his own merit.

We need a legitimate pass catcher first. Green is simply icing on the cake IF he wants to come to NU as a result of Austin's commit.

Sorry Irie, don't mean to take it out on you, but that point is getting worn out by everyone. We need a guy that is going to catch everything, and run every route.

fine..... but as you can see i started my post with the words.... "PLUS"

so i guess i was refering to his obvious talent and the fact that as an added bonus.........

of course i'd like hill or anyone on their merits but i'm sure the coaches are aware of connections as well...

I.E. BOB STOOPES and Andrew Green last year.......

• 3 weeks later...

After taking a couple of early official visits, things have been quiet lately for wide out Tyler Slavin (Corona, Calif./Roosevelt).

Slavin has officially visited Arizona and Nebraska and said he's waiting on one of his favorites to hopefully come through with an offer.

"I really like Stanford a lot," Slavin said. "They said they want to offer but want me to score higher on the SAT before they can offer. I'm retaking the test again Dec. 5 and I'm working hard to really prepare myself. I have a 3.7 GPA so I'm solid there and hopefully it works out.

"I'm not really planning any other trips right now. I really liked Nebraska and Arizona a lot and I think I would fit in very well at both places. I'm just going to take my time.

Slavin had a very solid senior season and finished the year with 34 catches for 640 yards and eight touchdowns.