how good is baker steinkuler as a DT?

shagg

if i remember right he was a 5 star OT in HS ..played DT at the AA game....the fans are real excited about his 5 star rating and his chance of contributing on the defensive line next year.... are we fogetting that his 5 star rating is as an OT or is he as good of a DT...like to know what you guys think

Someone said later on that he was reevaluated as a DT or something else and was still a 5* caliber player. I think it may have been BigWillie or someone i'm not 100% sure.. he'll be a stud though.

:yeah He was one of the highest rated OL coming out but it was in that All-American game (and the practices) that showed he was also one of the best DL around by regularly handling the best OL prospects on the East roster.

I read somewhere while he was at the AA game, during practices he was getting double and sometimes triple teamed and the O-lineman were still having a hard time slowing him down. Baring injury, if he doesn't start at the beginning of the season next season he will be starting by the end of it.

I'm confused by all this superman talk. I thought he wasn't developing as fast as the coaches would have liked, then he got injured. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost some muscle and speed. I bet he won't start next year.

I think he came in injured and as the season went on he got healthy and could have contributed (I have been told) but by then it was decided to not burn his redshirt. So I don't think you have to worry about any lost of speed or muscle.

Ya I heard the same thing. I heard that he had some back problems early on and wasn't able to contribute as much as he and others would have liked. During the bowl practices I heard he really stepped up and some said he was unblockable. I am really looking forward to see what this kid and suh can do together. Not taking anything away from Ty but if this kid has his older bros mentality with his athletisicm our line could really be something real special next year.

Jeremy Crabtree said that Baker would have probably have been a low five star or high four. Take that for what its worth.

When I saw him play, he didn't do anything on defense (I think it was 2 tackles and a pressure), but at the All-American game, he dominated so I guess our( my high school) line was underrated or somehow slowed him down enough. But on offensive he completly dominated, taking his guy down each time, one play he had three pancakes.

I think he has a good enough motor and attitude to get it done on defense. At least I hope