Do you Huskers hate ND as much as I do?

In my opinion there is nothing worse than watching/listening to Lou Holtz go on and on about how good ND is even though they have losing seasons.

Even worse, try hearing him talk like this about South Carolina. He thinks that both ND & SC are great because he coached there.

From what I understand Holtz is a pretty good guy. Just misguided. I thought announcers were supposed to be somewhat unbiased (or at least pretend to be).

Yeah, I've heard the same. And if by misguided you mean should have stayed away from the University of South Carolina, I'd agree with you there too. Did nothing but hurt his reputation, although it did help his finances.

I consider a ND loss as good as a NU win.

:yeah two things make me smile on Football Saturdays, NU winning & ND losing. Just their holier than thou bullsh*t. Like the affiliation with bowls & the BCS. Example, The Gator Bowl takes ACC, BIG XII or you guessed it : Notre Dame. I want them to keep Weis as a coach for 30 years. Hes almost pulled a complete Clownahan there. & I dont want to see it stop anytime soon.

The thing that gets to me is how most of the media would give their left nut before they dogged on ND. They can lose and it takes forever for them to drop in the polls. let them win a couple and they are right back where they lkeft off at. ANY other team in the country except maybe usc has to earn their spot every week.

Screw em

Man get over yourselves. Don't you remember in '07 when college gameday would keep asking "when do you think Notre Dame is going to score a TOUCHDOWN!?" or when the ND/Mich game was coming up, how they joked about it being the lowest scoring game in the history of college football?

You guys (not everyone of course) are so caught up in your own dillusions it's terrible.

I had a great time in South Bend in 2000. I was treated very well all weekend, and loved the campus. My hate for Notre Dame is less passionate after that experience.

What I hate are:

- Their exclusive NBC TV contract which gives them a major financial and recruiting edge. Fortunately, ESPN, Fox Sports, and PPV are letting other schools catch up on this.

- The "Notre Dame clause" written in the BCS. There's no way an individual team should get singled out for such favorable treatment.

- Other schools letting them get away with not being in a conference, but still getting a large BCS bowl share, and even larger when they get into a BCS game.

- Lou Holtzth

- Charlie Weis

- Fans who think they play a killer schedule, by comparing their toughest games with everyone else's non-conference games. They forget that every other team has to run a conference gamut, while they are playing Army and Navy.

Very irritating how even when they are losing to Navy and Syracuse they are still on TV. Oh wait, come to think of it, that does make for great TV. :woo

Love to watch Notre Dame take a beating.

I think the only time a rooted for them was that Catholics vs Cons game with Miami when Miami just needed to lose.