Huskerboard 2008 User's Choice Awards!

Landlord

Hey guys.

We all know how rough the offseason is.

In an attempt to remedy this situation, I've come up with an idea (actually stole, but whatever). Here's the concept, and hopefully it goes over well and the mods allow it to stay in this forum where it will be seen by all.

Below are going to be a list of awards that are going to be voted upon by yourselves, and you're going to be voting for your fellow posters! We're gonna have Gold/Silver/Bronze for each award, so vote for 3 people if you would like or else just vote for your 1st place pick. You can vote for yourself twice for each medal, so 2 votes for 1st place, 2 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd. Hope that all makes sense? There's also a few not necessarily user-related. Anyways, here's the awards I've come up with.

Voting will end on February 1st, 2009.

KEEP IN MIND THIS IS FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR OF 2008!

1. Best new person

Who is the best new user we've had recently?

2. REMOVED

5. Best thread

Which thread do you like the most?

6. Worst thread

Which thread epically failed the most?

7. FTW Award

Which person on these forums do you like the most?

8. REMOVED

9. Favorite avatar

Who has or had the best avatar? (this year)

10. Favorite sig

Who has or had the best signature? (this year)

11. Best ava/sig maker

Who makes the best avatars and/or signatures?

12. Best graphics designer (not limited to signature or avatars)

Who makes the best all around graphics (not limited to avatars or signatures).

13. Most Husker knowledge

Who do you think knows the most about Nebraska tradition, trivia, and past?

14. Biggest fan

Who is the biggest Cornhusker fan you know?

15. Most underrated

Who is the most underrated in terms of what they do for the board?

16. Most overrated

Who is the most overrated in terms of what they do or bring to the board?

17. Best mod/admin

Who is the best moderator or admin?

19. Most likely to take over the world

Which member is most likely to rule the planet?

20. Honorable Mention Award

Who do you think will garner some votes in some categories but still not win?

I dont have an answer for all of them. But here are a few.

Best new person - KillerCacti

FTW Award - CytheCyclone, Tufftiger

FTL Award - REMOVED

Favorite Avatar - HuskerfaninOkieland

Favorite Sig - M-247 Gunner (chicks man)

Best thread - Had to be the one comparing Clemson Coeds to NU's and Clemson won hands down in the 1st post.

If we proceed with this, let's remove numbers 2 and 8. I can see how those two could easily lead to personal attacks and flame wars.

/agreed. Quite a few of those could lead to some problems. Whether they are a cool or annoying guy/gal, they are still Husker fans and we don't want to push them away from the board. Opposing fans that talk trash can be lambasted though :w00t:w00t

I guess this is getting taken over by the powers that be. So do you guys still want me in charge of tallying and such, or are you totally running with it?

Either way is fine with me.

Not "taken over", but as with any post or content, we're going to review it and determine whether it is problematic, violates the rules, or has the potential for either.

I've removed the two questions that are objectionable.

One thing we discussed was having this either locked or "re-posted" at a later date. Recruiting is going to dominate through February, and then it's spring ball. Once the Red/White game ends, that's when the real "dead period" begins. It might be a good idea to trot this thread out at that time.

However, we'll leave that up to you. If you want to continue (sans the two deleted questions) and handle the tallying and such, carry on.

Worst thread in recent memory: Rex Burkhead's recruiting thread. My gawwwwd, some of you people. I mean seriously.

A close second is any thread with massive unnecessary quote pyramids, like people responding to posts right above theirs by quoting the entire previous post, and so on. A close third are all the other recruiting threads I check when I see new posts only to see a string of one-liner "yeah that" smileys.

Most likely to rule the world: This has gotta be AR.