Update on Martin's recent visit via ESPN

Per ESPN.......

New leader for Martin?

Linebacker Eric Martin (Moreno Valley, Calif./ Rancho Verde) visited Arizona two weeks ago but after checking out Nebraska this weekend, the Cornhuskers are looking like a solid leader at the moment.

"I loved Nebraska," Martin said. "It's different because Lincoln is such a small city but I felt very comfortable with all the players and coaches there. I got a tour of the campus, saw the football facilities and got to break down film with the coaches.

"I saw all the national championship trophies there and even got to talk to Tom Osborne. Menelik Holt was my host and he's a Cali guy and told me I would love it there and said it was an easy transition for him.

"I like Coach (Bo) Pelini a lot but the thing that really stood out was seeing the depth chart and knowing I'll have a chance to play right away. Arizona wants me to redshirt and I really don't want to do that. At Nebraska, I'll compete for a spot and if not, I'll be able to do special teams and I love playing on special teams."

Martin will visit Arizona State this coming weekend and then make his decision shortly afterwards.

"I have a high interest in ASU," Martin said. "I didn't know a lot about Coach (Dennis) Erickson until recently but the more I learn, the more you have to be impressed. He has won national titles and coached some of the best players that ever played.

"He brought up how he knows Ray Lewis and my eyes just opened because that guy is my all time favorite player. I can't wait to get out there to Tempe and see what the school is all about."

Martin will have a home visit with Nebraska Monday night and expects to set up a visit with ASU for a home visit shortly as well.

Don't know about the rest of ya'll but I would've felt better with a DEFENSIVE kid like Martin going down field covering punts and making tackles better than oh, let's say Hunter Teafateller, Todd Peterson, Menelik Holt just to name a few offensive players that were on our shady punt team this year. Experience can be a plus on special teams, but so can guys that will give up their bodies flying down field under control, and making tackles. Like defensive players should do.

Don't know about the rest of ya'll but I would've felt better with a DEFENSIVE kid like Martin going down field covering punts and making tackles better than oh, let's say Hunter Teafateller, Todd Peterson, Menelik Holt just to name a few offensive players that were on our shady punt team this year. Experience can be a plus on special teams, but so can guys that will give up their bodies flying down field under control, and making tackles. Like defensive players should do.

thats a good point i think you would want a defensive player on the kickoff team

I hate how he says Coach Ericson has won championships (yeah, with Miami, not ASU) and personally knows Ray Lewis. Who gives a flying f#*k who Ericson knows? Dr.Tom personally knows all of our Heisman winners. Ray Lewis? Who gives a damn if he knows him! Tell me: how does knowing Ray Lewis translate into how he coaches or the outcome of games? :dunno:rant

thats a good point i think you would want a defensive player on the kickoff team

Amen to that.

I hate how he says Coach Ericson has won championships (yeah, with Miami, not ASU) and personally knows Ray Lewis.

Yeah, I know Ray Lewis. He lied to the police for me that one time. <_<

I guess some recruits don't remember when he was accused of double murder a couple years back. ;)