Enough is enough

bbhusker

Try living in California with all the fair-weather fans of USC.... I'm pretty sure there will always be at least one person in every city in the U.S. that hates Nebraska for the rest of my life....

I feel you! USC Trojans and the New England Patriots are two teams I will always hate because of all the fair-weather fans they have RIGHT NOW!

I lived in OK for nearly 5 years, so I know just how obnoxious some sooner fans can be. But most are pretty respectful, and do actually respect NU's tradition. Especially their older fans.

But having lived all over the U.S. if there is one thing I've learned is that there are Husker Haters EVERYWHERE! Just today, some girl in my neighborhood walks past me and says "Yuck" (I think she's talking about my cigarette, but no.) "Take of that hat!" ( Nebraska of course) And flashes me the hook em' horns! And she couldn't have been more than 13!

I'm sure we've all encountered it at some point. And to tell the truth, pert of me really enjoys it!

I went into a local hardware store yesterday and always end up talking football with a guy that works there, an OU fan. He started off by saying that he just confirmed his tickets to the NU-OU game next season. He said, "Probably won't be a good game but o well." I said, "What?" Then he went on to say that our D sucked but was getting better but OU has "this" many starters returning on O and that we lost basically all our playmakers on O so it probably won't be a good game. I mentioned our running backs returning and he said they shut us down last year except for one long run.

I said it takes more than one long run for Helu to rush for 150+ and told him not to guarentee anything until we see the teams at least play next season. He went off on some rant about how we don't have any WRs and are breaking in a new QB. I just said that OU had better strap it up when they came to Lincoln and then I left.

I'm so sick and tired of all the disrepect. Not that other fans don't have a reason not to believe in our team but next season can't get here soon enough. Along with other Husker fans, I can see what's happening in Lincoln and personally can't wait to start landing some haymakers of our own and get back into the mix of college football's heavyweights.

This just bothered me and I needed to vent a little. What do you all think?

It would be really hard to argue with him but I would have told him, we would try and keep the from scoring to much and then leave.

I went into a local hardware store yesterday and always end up talking football with a guy that works there, an OU fan. He started off by saying that he just confirmed his tickets to the NU-OU game next season. He said, "Probably won't be a good game but o well." I said, "What?" Then he went on to say that our D sucked but was getting better but OU has "this" many starters returning on O and that we lost basically all our playmakers on O so it probably won't be a good game. I mentioned our running backs returning and he said they shut us down last year except for one long run.

I said it takes more than one long run for Helu to rush for 150+ and told him not to guarentee anything until we see the teams at least play next season. He went off on some rant about how we don't have any WRs and are breaking in a new QB. I just said that OU had better strap it up when they came to Lincoln and then I left.

I'm so sick and tired of all the disrepect. Not that other fans don't have a reason not to believe in our team but next season can't get here soon enough. Along with other Husker fans, I can see what's happening in Lincoln and personally can't wait to start landing some haymakers of our own and get back into the mix of college football's heavyweights.

Ummm...yeah. I would say he is probably right. OU will destroy anyone from the North next year, as much as it pains me to say it. :bang

Ummm...yeah. I would say he is probably right. OU will destroy anyone from the North next year, as much as it pains me to say it. :bang

Not so fast my friend. OU loses some key O-lineman next year, and I think old Sammy got his jersey dirty only a couple of times last year. How will he do with some pressure next year, that is the question. You can not win against them by trying to outmatch them offensively, you have to slow them down. If any team from the North has a shot at beating them it is us. I really think you underestimate how good our defense will be next year.

I (unfortunately) live down in Sooner country. I have a chance to listen to the sports talk radio almost daily on my way to work. They are extremely confident. To tell you the truth, lately, they have a right to be. The only way we will be able to shut them up is to beat them. Their main concern is the loss of there top recievers. They are going to be very tough again (Bradford and a couple others return that were thinking about the Pros but decided to come back). Personally, I would love to take them down a notch and think we have an outside shot, but we lose a lot of offensive weapons as well. Go Huskers!

judging by their offensive linemen that they return, i think our lines will be better on both sides of the ball.

by the time this game comes around i think it will be a 50-50 chance we win.

games are won in the trenches.........

Really? I heard they lose 3-4 starters from the O-Line. Either way, they don't rebuild, they reload. But I still think we will get pressure on Bradford.

It is interesting to me as a VT fan that you all would get upset over what an OU fan says. You are a program on the rise and why would you not expect to have a chance to beat any team in your conference? Maybe being in the ACC where everyone can beat everyone has made me overly optimistic, but I see no reason why NU couldn't take home the conference title next year. OU and UT will probably both be strong in 2009, but if you make it to the Big 12 championship why would you not have a chance to beat either of them? With the traditions you have and the types of recruits Bo is bringing in I would expect to see NU to be in contention really soon for both the Big 12 and even bigger titles! If there is anything to learn from big blow-outs (like the OU-NU 2008 game) it is that one should be careful getting too confident. The key for most Big 12 teams will be to shut down OU's offense, and I am sure boosting the defense is a priority for Bo and staff this offseason. Having the opponent score 50/60+ each game makes it very hard to win, so if you can keep OU from scoring like that the games should be a lot closer. Can't wait for our game in Blacksburg in September.

judging by their offensive linemen that they return, i think our lines will be better on both sides of the ball.

by the time this game comes around i think it will be a 50-50 chance we win.

games are won in the trenches.........

Really? I heard they lose 3-4 starters from the O-Line. Either way, they don't rebuild, they reload. But I still think we will get pressure on Bradford.

as in the offensive linemen that will be returning......as in they were 2nd-3rd string last season and now they start. they are returning offensive linemen.

i guess i am confused by what you are saying?