thoughts on next years record

HskrMan

I see Nebraska going 9-3. Good defense, with an offense that will improve as the year goes. With NU going 6-2 in Big 12 play. A solid season.

Look at you you talking out of both sides of you're mouth. In the other thread you said the North would be between KU and MU, and that I was crazy to compare our team with OU. So do we beat MU now and lose to KU and OU? Not that I care about you're trolling, it gets me that much more fired up to see the Huskers dominate KU next year.

I think our season depends immensely on what we do in the VaTech game. If we beat VaTech, I'm positive the only other teams we will lose to are OU and then possibly one of the North teams. If we lose but compete well and almost win against VaTech, I expect the same season outlook as if we had beaten VaTech. If we lose to VaTech and in an undesirable fashion, I think our B12 North champion hopes could be in trouble.

As anxious as I am about 2009, I agree that 2010 is going to be THE year. Looks to be a pretty timid non-conference schedule, (assuming it takes Sarkisian awhile to turn things around at UW) no Texas Tech or OU, (Texas is always tough though, but they are at home) and Mizzou, KU, and Colorado all at home. Looking ahead too, one would notice that many of the teams we play in 2010, at least the Big XII teams, had juniors starting at many positions (example; Reesing at KU, McCoy at texas) this season. These guys will be seniors this year, and by 2010 they will have, of course, graduated. Hopefully it will take these teams some time to work the new starters in. We will hopefully have starters established at key positions (hopefully quarterback) and will be able to hit the ground running. Hopefully that visit from South Dakota State isn't too tough...

Hate to do this guys, and I hope it isn't true but, we could be a better team and lose more games. Here is the worst case scenario:

Fl Atl- W

Ark St- W

Va Tech - L too many new players at key positions and we're on the road

LA- Laf- W

Mizzou- L They graduated some key peiple but so did we. Its on the road.

T Tech- L They will scores a million points every year Leach is the coach. Arrrrggghh Matey!!!

ISU- W

Baylor- hmm.... W- I think they might be OK but I can't ever say we'll lose to Baylor

OU- L- nothing to see here folks, move along.

KU- L- the north is theirs to lose. On the road.

KSU- W

CU- We may be 5-5 going into this game and it is a battle for bowl eligibility. CU took a step back bc/ the o-line was wrecked by injuries/ suspensions. They always play us tough and its in Boulder. Could be interesting.........

Do I really think we will lose all of those games? No, but 4 of those teams beat us this year. 2 others we play in their house.

I've been guilty of drinking the kool-aid in the past. Maybe I need a little now.

As anxious as I am about 2009, I agree that 2010 is going to be THE year. Looks to be a pretty timid non-conference schedule, (assuming it takes Sarkisian awhile to turn things around at UW) no Texas Tech or OU, (Texas is always tough though, but they are at home) and Mizzou, KU, and Colorado all at home. Looking ahead too, one would notice that many of the teams we play in 2010, at least the Big XII teams, had juniors starting at many positions (example; Reesing at KU, McCoy at texas) this season. These guys will be seniors this year, and by 2010 they will have, of course, graduated. Hopefully it will take these teams some time to work the new starters in. We will hopefully have starters established at key positions (hopefully quarterback) and will be able to hit the ground running. Hopefully that visit from South Dakota State isn't too tough...

I agree with basically all of that. In 2010, keeping in mind this is really looking ahead.....NU should be the clear favorite in the North. I see NU going 9-3 with losses to OU, V-Tech and a team from the north. Of course I think it will be Kansas, since it is on the road, and for the most part the teams are evenly matched. I just think NU takes a step back on offense, and it costs them in Lawrence. But, that doesn't mean they can't win the north. Kansas has to play Texas, OU and Texas Tech. We could go 0-3 again, even with Texas Tech losing alot of their skill players. Texas Tech has had KU's number, and a Mark Mangino coached team hasn't beat them yet.

I agree with basically all of that. In 2010, keeping in mind this is really looking ahead.....NU should be the clear favorite in the North. I see NU going 9-3 with losses to OU, V-Tech and a team from the north. Of course I think it will be Kansas, since it is on the road, and for the most part the teams are evenly matched. I just think NU takes a step back on offense, and it costs them in Lawrence. But, that doesn't mean they can't win the north. Kansas has to play Texas, OU and Texas Tech. We could go 0-3 again, even with Texas Tech losing alot of their skill players. Texas Tech has had KU's number, and a Mark Mangino coached team hasn't beat them yet.

I think NU will be the "surprise" team in the Big 12. Media won't count you as contenders for the North title but I think the strides you made unde Bo in his first year is an indication of you winning all your North games and possibly a loss to OU. That way you should get a chance for a rematch in your conference championship game. I really enjoyed watching your games this year, and I really hope you only have one more loss next season... in Blacksburg :)

I think our season depends immensely on what we do in the VaTech game. If we beat VaTech, I'm positive the only other teams we will lose to are OU and then possibly one of the North teams. If we lose but compete well and almost win against VaTech, I expect the same season outlook as if we had beaten VaTech. If we lose to VaTech and in an undesirable fashion, I think our B12 North champion hopes could be in trouble.

Not so fast . . . What impressed me most about last year's team was the way they bounced back after big losses at MU and OU. After 4 years of tucking the tail (it was a tail, right?) between the hind legs after any loss, that is

As anxious as I am about 2009, I agree that 2010 is going to be THE year. Looks to be a pretty timid non-conference schedule, (assuming it takes Sarkisian awhile to turn things around at UW) no Texas Tech or OU, (Texas is always tough though, but they are at home) and Mizzou, KU, and Colorado all at home. Looking ahead too, one would notice that many of the teams we play in 2010, at least the Big XII teams, had juniors starting at many positions (example; Reesing at KU, McCoy at texas) this season. These guys will be seniors this year, and by 2010 they will have, of course, graduated exhausted elligibility. Hopefully it will take these teams some time to work the new starters in. We will hopefully have starters established at key positions (hopefully quarterback) and will be able to hit the ground running. Hopefully that visit from South Dakota State isn't too tough...

Fixed it for you

10-2 With losses to OU (no shame there) and VT as Tyrod gets comfortable he will be a difference maker. The close wins will be to TT and Baylor (thier young QB will also really get them going). The most satisfying win for me will be the whoopin we hand out in Columbia.............................oh ya thats gonna be awesome! GBR!