Reality.......

Remember...we are dealing people that don't know reality here, so unrealistically we could have went undefeated with a few breaks here or there...

Seriously - we have to deal with what is or isn't every week. When you put 11 guys on the field, anything can happen at any time. One play can change the tone of the game. That is why we play the game.

I am not going to predict this year...it is kind of scarey. It would be real easy to get disappointed with expectations of being better this year. All it takes is a few injuries or a couple bad plays in a game, and the whole season goes down the crapper.

It is getting back to the way it used to be, when you felt like if you lost any game your season was over. I think you still can lose as many as 2 games and still be in the running for a Big 12 Championship, though. To win the National Championship, with the polls being run by the press on the right and left coasts, a midwest team better win them all to guarantee it.

Remember...we are dealing people that don't know reality here, so unrealistically we could have went undefeated with a few breaks here or there...

Seriously - we have to deal with what is or isn't every week. When you put 11 guys on the field, anything can happen at any time. One play can change the tone of the game. That is why we play the game.

I think more what I was getting at is that we had a team completely capable of 11 wins. It didn't happen, but it could have so, so easily. Think of it as a way to brighten your day :)

Gotta love a thread that starts off with "reality." Formerfan, is that you? Remember, if you stir up sh#t, you may get some splashed on you.

Seriously, though, those that predicted 10 wins or more or 7 wins or less was an overwhelming minority. See my poll from the beginning of this season: http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...c=27763&hl=

Not rubbing in the fact I hit the number of regular season victories on the nose for 3 of the past 4 years. :sarcasm:lol:

Everyone didn't know quite what to expect, but we expected some more consistent effort and intensity, and that is what we saw. I like the prospects for the future and think there is a good program in place now.

• 2 weeks later...

for some reason the lyrics of the song "firestarter" jumped immediately into my mind upon reading the threads beginning.

i find it amusing when someone calls out a group...well...shikes...here i go doing the same thing...for doing the same thing...but i wont, because i dont believe in that....because thats what i believe in. :)

I acurately predicted a 9-4 season, I predicted a Gator bowl appearance and I named our opponent. I correctly prognosticated the final scores of nine games up to and including the Gator bowl. I also nailed the totals for the season in 5 offensive categories and 3 defensive.........I just didn't post any of this, why spoil things for the rest of you. You're welcome.

for some reason the lyrics of the song "firestarter" jumped immediately into my mind upon reading the threads beginning.

i find it amusing when someone calls out a group...well...shikes...here i go doing the same thing...for doing the same thing...but i wont, because i dont believe in that....because thats what i believe in. :)

again I am not doing the same thing.... this isnt that hard people..... all I simply asked was if you are going to try to make a point use facts.... stats and so forth and not "a superior grip on reality. I only brought up the record stuff to show that they do not have a better grip on reality than anyone else. I brought myself into the conversation not to say that I was right or better than them, but to show.... hey I was wrong too

the difference is that I never claimed to have a superior grip on reality.... .. everyones opinion is just that.... an opinion... and leave it at that.