Reality.......

ive been holding off on this one for a little while, but I think its time to address this one. there are select group of posters that throughout the past year or so have consistently used their "superior grip on reality" to back why they were right, and everyone else was incorrect. This year proved that their grip on reality is not any better than anyone elses. All you have to do is go back and look at the win loss predictions..... they were WAYYYYY off. I would also like to point out I too was incorrect in my prediction, but I never made the outrageous claims. I am not asking for these people to not post, but please drop the better than thou attitude.

:boxosoap

while i disagree with them saying things like that, they always are gonna say that kinda stuff.

the one thing that i really cant stand tho, is when you say something to them about it their first response is, "well, id rather be surprised that disappointed!". thats like saying, "Yes, i would be fine with a 6-6 season!".

well, i wouldnt.

ive been holding off on this one for a little while, but I think its time to address this one. there are select group of posters that throughout the past year or so have consistently used their "superior grip on reality" to back why they were right, and everyone else was incorrect. This year proved that their grip on reality is not any better than anyone elses. All you have to do is go back and look at the win loss predictions..... they were WAYYYYY off. I would also like to point out I too was incorrect in my prediction, but I never made the outrageous claims. I am not asking for these people to not post, but please drop the better than thou attitude.

A post like this is truly to display one's own "superior grip on reality." In comparing yourself to those people you displayed your own better than thou attitude. Sucks when we become what we hate doesn't it? :nanalama

You spot it, you got it!

I think I had 7-5, and had KU beaten you, I would have been loving it. We did not, and I was not... Anyway, I am not sure who is being referenced, but I for one would say that cautioning for caution and giving a staff some time and not get expectations too high was a smart thinjg. That is where most programs go wrong, being impatient and firing people before they have had a chance to be successful. Bo had a very solid first year, I think NU fans should be quite pleased.

A post like this is truly to display one's own "superior grip on reality." In comparing yourself to those people you displayed your own better than thou attitude. Sucks when we become what we hate doesn't it? :nanalama

You spot it, you got it!

I point myself out simply to show that I too made a mistake on the prediction.... but I never claimed to know more than another in a post..... there is a difference. using the broad boundaries you just presented would be damning for just about everyone.

I think mine was something like 7-5 on the low end, 9-3 on the high end, 8-4 likely. But yeah, I do remember the 6-6ers. Thankfully none of us actually know what we're talking about. Football would be a hell of a lot more boring if we did.

So what you're saying is that if more people had predicted 6-6, we wouldn't have won so many games. :wtf

Come on, nothing that is posted here on the internet has any bearing whatsoever on reality.

I think mine was something like 7-5 on the low end, 9-3 on the high end, 8-4 likely. But yeah, I do remember the 6-6ers. Thankfully none of us actually know what we're talking about. Football would be a hell of a lot more boring if we did.

So what you're saying is that if more people had predicted 6-6, we wouldn't have won so many games. :wtf

Come on, nothing that is posted here on the internet has any bearing whatsoever on reality.

nothing posted about this sport no.. however the internet IS a place that has a lot of bearing on reality now a days. sadly. sure what our opinions are don't matter any more than the next persons.. but there are things that have consequences.... :dunno at least football isn't one of em :)

Erm.......no, that's not even in the ballpark of what I was saying.

What I was saying was in response to the idea of predictions. In point of actual fact, none of us have the first damn clue what's going to happen with the final record. Nobody. And that's a good thing. Football would be boring as hell if people could actually predict the future. So next season when people mount the soap box, we should try to keep that in mind.