Big 12 opener on ESPN for 2009

Watch out for the grammer police. I am sorry I offended your intellegence with my quick typing and grammer/spelling errors. Seeing as though this medium of coversation is a message board, and message boards as a whole, tend to lean towards a more relaxed environment. I didn't feel the need to check my post for the correct "English" as you say.

Next time how about I try something like...

Try not to let your neanderthal head coach drool and spit on himself as MU lays another round of butt kickings to your beloved Huskers. Thursday games are great. Nothing better than ANOTHER Husker drubbing on National TV, then getting to see all my co-workers walk in depressed the following day. :)

P.S. Go ahead and break out your red pen...

"Don't sweat it, Fro. Your posts are sensible and I enjoy reading them. And if someone wants to be a bit of an NU homer, remember it is an NU board. Not to say that you need to take any crap from anyone....if that happens, give 'em wat fer!"

Thanks Spooky. I like to give alittle since I have to take so much. lol

Let's not start the grammar war, some posters (NU) give us no room to go there.

Thursday game = your d******d friend that was getting married on Husker Saturday get's a free pass, assuming he made the correct choice of dates.

Born...is he even your friend for doing that on a MU/NU gameday??? I thought there were rules about that sort of thing. No OU or CU games, No opening weekends (season and conference) ect...

I can forgive and forget, but Blaine is still going to fail that test.

As long as your happy UGA. :) Then I am cool.

And we have another 8 months to talk about why Blaine will fail now with MU, when he was seen as the star of the NU class before he left. I dont know if he will be worth a darn either. But I know he spent one full season taking snaps as the number two guy in practice and played in (i believe, without double checking) 6 games last year. So no matter what we know or dont know at this point, the only thing that can be said for sure is he has a lot more game experiance than anyone that Nebraska can throw out there...

Looking forward to a summer of nothing but speculation and hype... :cheers:)

I honestly cannot wait for this game. Intangibles aside, we all know Nebraska is the better team, and I can't wait to see Missouri fans lose on their turf. It's time Nebraska outright embarrassed someone nationally again.

Second of all, I'll bet you anything that Chase Daniel will get introduced as a special guest at the game. All the Mizzou fans will yip and holler, and then I'll hope even more that Nebraska wins so that I can see the look of utter distaste on his face.

your basing this on what....

I am no homer. Everyone who knows me on this site can agree to that. But you have nothing to base this on. MU has beaten NU in Columbia since 2003 (by pretty good margins at that) and last year in Nebraska. They have done so with a number of different players, including two different QB's, 4 different TE's, 3 different RB's about 7 different WR's and god knows probabaly 40+ different starters on D (mu has different starters on D about every year. Makes it hard to keep up ;) ) Chase Dainel & Jeremy Maclin played in two of those 4 wins. So why would MU go away when they leave?

Cheer on your team, be excited. But really, Nebraska has just as many, if not more questions to answer this spring and fall when it comes to their team. And before you quip back, yes the D was better, but as has been discussed at length, that has a much to do with the O's ability to milk the clock brilliantly last year. The pts allowed, avg yrds per play (both run and pass) were all near the bottom of conference. But the D faced fewer plays than almost every team in the country. (this is not a knock. infact it was brilliant) And with almost no returing fire power, how will NU control the clock if they may not be able to get first downs.

Your little rant is equal to me coming on here and saying "we all know MU is better than Nebraska. They won 41-24, 41-24, 41-6 the last 3 in Columbia, not to mention the 52-10 (i dont count cheap TD's with your starters against our 3rd string) last year in YOUR house. You guys will get Rocked!!!!

-signed 'MU TROLL'

Thank you and have a nice day :boxosoap

In the past 20 years when the Huskers have had better teams, Mizzou almost always shows up and plays the Huskers tough. Amazing to see Husker fans make statements like this with the season so far away. Both teams have so many holes to fill and will be totally different teams, let alone the tradition of the game at Mizzou's home field and the "butt-kickin' Mizzou has dealt out in past years.

As a former Missouri boy, but a Husker fan, I'll always show respect to the Tigers ... although as a Southwest Missouri State boy, I've never been a fan of Mizzou.

SheepdogMark

I can forgive and forget, but Blaine is still going to fail that test.

As long as your happy UGA. :) Then I am cool.

And we have another 8 months to talk about why Blaine will fail now with MU, when he was seen as the star of the NU class before he left. I dont know if he will be worth a darn either. But I know he spent one full season taking snaps as the number two guy in practice and played in (i believe, without double checking) 6 games last year. So no matter what we know or dont know at this point, the only thing that can be said for sure is he has a lot more game experiance than anyone that Nebraska can throw out there...

Looking forward to a summer of nothing but speculation and hype... :cheers:)

I don't have a prob with B. Gabbert like I did with Daniel. I always felt Daniel was an arrogant kid, but Gabbert has done nothing to give me that impression. Cannot deny he has the physical tools. Whether he has the intangibles (leadership, decision-making) remains to be seen. Kinda the same thing for whoever is NU's signal caller.

I honestly cannot wait for this game. Intangibles aside, we all know Nebraska is the better team, and I can't wait to see Missouri fans lose on their turf. It's time Nebraska outright embarrassed someone nationally again.

Second of all, I'll bet you anything that Chase Daniel will get introduced as a special guest at the game. All the Mizzou fans will yip and holler, and then I'll hope even more that Nebraska wins so that I can see the look of utter distaste on his face.

your basing this on what....

I am no homer. Everyone who knows me on this site can agree to that. But you have nothing to base this on. MU has beaten NU in Columbia since 2003 (by pretty good margins at that) and last year in Nebraska. They have done so with a number of different players, including two different QB's, 4 different TE's, 3 different RB's about 7 different WR's and god knows probabaly 40+ different starters on D (mu has different starters on D about every year. Makes it hard to keep up ;) ) Chase Dainel & Jeremy Maclin played in two of those 4 wins. So why would MU go away when they leave?

Cheer on your team, be excited. But really, Nebraska has just as many, if not more questions to answer this spring and fall when it comes to their team. And before you quip back, yes the D was better, but as has been discussed at length, that has a much to do with the O's ability to milk the clock brilliantly last year. The pts allowed, avg yrds per play (both run and pass) were all near the bottom of conference. But the D faced fewer plays than almost every team in the country. (this is not a knock. infact it was brilliant) And with almost no returing fire power, how will NU control the clock if they may not be able to get first downs.

Your little rant is equal to me coming on here and saying "we all know MU is better than Nebraska. They won 41-24, 41-24, 41-6 the last 3 in Columbia, not to mention the 52-10 (i dont count cheap TD's with your starters against our 3rd string) last year in YOUR house. You guys will get Rocked!!!!

-signed 'MU TROLL'

Thank you and have a nice day :boxosoap

I'm basing it on one thing which is returning talent. Nebraska has far more of it returning on both sides of the ball, and Bo Pelini is arguably the best defensive mind in the Big 12 and this will be his second year getting his guys to be in the top echelon of defenses (which is where his defenses always end up).

And in my honest opinion, previous scores from past years really play no effect into the upcoming years game at all and it's a statistic I pay no attention to. They have nothing to do with this year's guys. Two totally different teams. It'd be like me bring up the scores from 1990-99. Missouri didn't win a single one of those games and often lost by margins of 35+ points or more, but anything can happen each year.

LSU and Va Tech played on Thursday to start off the season two years ago.

That was a Saturday game. You are thinking about LSU playing at Mississippi State 2 years ago to start the season. These are the opening games on Thursdays since 2005

2005 Central Florida at South Carolina

2006 South Carolina at Miss State

2007 LSU at Miss State

2008 NC State at South Carolina

2009 South Carolina at NC State

ESPN loves Spurrier and cowbells to open the season I guess.

Let's not start the grammar war, some posters (NU) give us no room to go there.

Thursday game = your d******d friend that was getting married on Husker Saturday get's a free pass, assuming he made the correct choice of dates.

Born...is he even your friend for doing that on a MU/NU gameday??? I thought there were rules about that sort of thing. No OU or CU games, No opening weekends (season and conference) ect...

My friends know better, i was speaking to the general population :)